My son's got asthma and I'm bummed.

CornBall

Yep. We had primo seats for the game tomorrow, a prepaid two nights at the downtown Holiday Inn, flights booked, the whole nine yards.

Yesterday, my 9 year old starting coughing. Good news is he's got asthma and not something worse. Bad news is there's no way I can chance taking him. The chilliness of Lincoln, being on an airplane, etc., could really shut him down.

So...I sold off the tix (took a $150 loss), canceled the hotel (they still charged me $290).

Wow. We are really bummed.

Yep. We had primo seats for the game tomorrow, a prepaid two nights at the downtown Holiday Inn, flights booked, the whole nine yards.

Yesterday, my 9 year old starting coughing. Good news is he's got asthma and not something worse. Bad news is there's no way I can chance taking him. The chilliness of Lincoln, being on an airplane, etc., could really shut him down.

So...I sold off the tix (took a $150 loss), canceled the hotel (they still charged me $290).

Wow. We are really bummed.

Hey that is a shame but make it special for him as you both watch the game. There will be other times and at least he can breathe! I am sure he is more bummed about it than you!

It sucks, i know i have asthma. And my very young kids are developing signes of it. Yea it sucks you did take a loss. But think about it this way. You didnt go to the game and make matters worse. Therebuy not being in a strange town away from all family while you spend your time in a strange hospital worrying his mother half to death. Asthma sucks, when you breath and done seem to be getting anywhere. Trust me its better off this way. Plan on warmer games next year and all will be well. Cold weather really flaires up asthma.

Ben

It sucks, i know i have asthma. And my very young kids are developing signes of it. Yea it sucks you did take a loss. But think about it this way. You didnt go to the game and make matters worse. Therebuy not being in a strange town away from all family while you spend your time in a strange hospital worrying his mother half to death. Asthma sucks, when you breath and done seem to be getting anywhere. Trust me its better off this way. Plan on warmer games next year and all will be well. Cold weather really flaires up asthma.

Ben

That's funny, my son's name is Ben!

Yeah, he's bummed. I'm bummed because he's bummed.

But just as sure as I took him, he'd come home with pneumonia and very sick.

As a consolation, I'm smoking a rack of ribs tomorrow --- anyone coming over??? :hellloooo

that really sucks to hear. game day in memorial stadium is a truly amazing experience. ive also got asthma (was severe asthma when i was younger) and im in the 75th Ranger Regiment (Army). ive found that staying in shape keeps it down and out of the way. talk to your doctor and see what he or she recommends. best of luck to you and your son

Are you sure it's asthma and not allergies? I was told for 4 years my 6(now) had asthma and I continually denied it. No treatment worked and he would cough until puking. Finally got tired of it after he had pneumonia twice and I took him to Jewish Hospital in Denver specializing in children's respiratory issues.

Doc said no asthma, his issues are allergy induced. Came off asthma meds and onto daily claritin...not a single problem 1 year and counting.

Asthma is the Family Physicians answer to anything.