Classic Husker 90's offense?

rkhufu7

Why couldn't it work? They ran multiple formations, including the spread and they were productive. Why can't you run a power-I formation with the spread and option football mixed in? Make the offense fun and simple/complex enough so that a good freshman could play early on offense.

I miss the 90s....could that work again? It seems like nobody runs the option anymore... Is it wrong that I want Green to get the start just to bring back the 90s?

Of course it would work. Some people act like NU was running the wishbone. NU had a power running game that used SOME option, about 25% of the time. NU threw the ball quite well. What you need is the right personel and the right guy calling the plays. Just don't be so predicable. I'm going to scream if I see much more of these 2 yard passes.

Of course it would work. Some people act like NU was running the wishbone. NU had a power running game that used SOME option, about 25% of the time. NU threw the ball quite well. What you need is the right personel and the right guy calling the plays. Just don't be so predicable. I'm going to scream if I see much more of these 2 yard passes.

Nahhh.....why switch to that??

Let's keep using the WCO and losing....and losing.....and losing....anytime we play a good team.

So why again did the entire Husker nation decide the option "couldn't work in todays college football"? Last time I checked, it was the last time we were above mediocre, and it seems to be owning a team we barely lost to... (I am a bit drunk but I do think the trip D could/would work in the Big twelve...I think we could recruit way better option talent (less competition) than we can kids that get offers from every major school in the US.. flame on or ignore if you wish :)

It's been a decade since 97.

Things change.

They need to fix what's going on right now, not change the entire offense, that would take several more years to perfect, and we would lose even more games...

The 90's are gone people...

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

You just touched on what drives me absolutely crazy. People think it was all option all of the time, but that was only a PIECE of the old offense. Then there's the other group that calls NU's old offense the wishbone. Both are wrong. It was a power running game with the option often run on passing downs--not saying that they wouldn't pass or do play action......

The "old" offense was scrapped cuz Billber was too busy figgerin out what page in the bible of his the post pattern was on. The option was a "wrinkle" along with a bunch of other "wrinkles". I remember what Dick Vermeil said in a pregame for ABC once "they run the power, they run passes off the power, they run the counter, they run passes of the counter, and they run the option and passes off the option. Take those 6 plays, 30 different formations, talent and playcall timing and you have a simple but very effective offense" That's what it was and that's what we need.