Shotgun

There is this formation I miss. It's been a long time. I think it's called the "I," but don't quote me, because like I said, it's been a while.

Our brothers to the east in Iowa manage to do some damage with the power I. I think part of Nebraska's identity which has been lost is the pure will to run people over regardless of how many they put in the box. Take what the defense gives you? That's not Nebraska. Nebraska is giving the defense what we want and having them say, Thank you, sir, may I have another.

It's so depressing watching out offense get the ball down to a point where we have 1st and goal at the 3 yard line and the offense walks out of the huddle and lines up in the shotgun. It's like... okay, we're not Missouri, we are Nebraska. Remember how the hell we got to be so successful. Do our linemen just not know how to push people around? You're a big f'ing 300 pound man, you should have an ability to impose your will on someone enough to gain NINE FEET!!! :bang:bang:bang

Watson needs to get out of this mindset that we can run a ridiculous spread with our talent. WE DON'T HAVE THE SPEED at the skill positions to run a spread sideline-to-sideline type running game. SMASH UP THE MIDDLE. I love how EVERY SINGLE TIME we run up the middle... out of the ace formation (not the shotgun), we gain at least 4-5 yards. Out of the shotgun.... 1-3 yards. SWEEEEEET.

Awesome playcalling Wats... by the way, Zac Lee sucks.... something fierce. :steam:steam

WV and Florida are physical from the gun, the OL are the taller pass blocking types.

I think we need to return to the past and get us some real deal short-wide-quick road grader Olinemen.

The heck with trying to be like everyone else with these fluff spread offenses.....lets return to the power I with the option....the Nebraska offense!!

WV and Florida are physical from the gun, the OL are the taller pass blocking types.

I think we need to return to the past and get us some real deal short-wide-quick road grader Olinemen.

The heck with trying to be like everyone else will these fluff spread offenses.....lets return to the power I with the option....the Nebraska offense!!

Return to system type players in OL, walkon FBs that earn ships and top level I-backs and some play making WRs that can block and catch.

There's that word I keep reading over and over tonight (beside "sucks"). "Physical" is the word in all the posts. It is the thing that thing that used to define our program. You've got 4 downs to go 9 feet. You're lined up in the Power I, and your name is Nebraska. That was always 6 points in the bag.

What are we now? I can't watch much more of this shotgun stuff with a quarterback flapping his arms around like he's either trying to take off or imitate a ruffed grouse mating dance.

System OL and tough RBs with some depth. NU used to beat the NFL prep schools like Tennessee, with OL that the NFL did not want. Bryson, Manning, Stallworth and all the other offensive and defensive stars that the Vols sent to the NFL from, that could not contain NU's college football system players.

It's so depressing watching out offense get the ball down to a point where we have 1st and goal at the 3 yard line and the offense walks out of the huddle and lines up in the shotgun. It's like... okay, we're not Missouri, we are Nebraska. Remember how the hell we got to be so successful. Do our linemen just not know how to push people around? You're a big f'ing 300 pound man, you should have an ability to impose your will on someone enough to gain NINE FEET!!! :bang:bang:bang

Watson needs to get out of this mindset that we can run a ridiculous spread with our talent. WE DON'T HAVE THE SPEED at the skill positions to run a spread sideline-to-sideline type running game. SMASH UP THE MIDDLE. I love how EVERY SINGLE TIME we run up the middle... out of the ace formation (not the shotgun), we gain at least 4-5 yards. Out of the shotgun.... 1-3 yards. SWEEEEEET.

Awesome playcalling Wats... by the way, Zac Lee sucks.... something fierce. :steam:steam

Maybe Lee sucks because Watson sucks. Ever think about that? And don't forgot about Cotton. He sucks too. Let's face reality. The whole team sucks. Clownahan might as well be back. Cosgrove too.

Maybe Lee sucks because Watson sucks. Ever think about that? And don't forgot about Cotton. He sucks too. Let's face reality. The whole team sucks. Clownahan might as well be back. Cosgrove too.

Yes yes. That's why I'm worried about Green. It's obvious that Lee has been taught to stick in the pocket. Remember the first game of the season. He scrambled a bit.

The WHOLE team doesn't SUCK!!! Our "D" is pretty f%$^ing awesome!!! Problem is they don't get backed up by the Offense and it does SUCK!!! Some of the stuff being said on here over ONE loss is pretty sad, I am just as disappointed as all of you, but we can still have a VERY good season. We could still win the North, hey Kansas is just as susceptible and we can still beat EVERY north team. Granted the Big 12 title game may not be much fun if our offense doesn't staighten out. Hopefully, we who want Green to get his chance are right and it will be the spark our offense needs.

I really don't care what formation we line up in; however, ALL of our running plays seem to be slow developing. We have absolutely NO quick-hitters. Anyone can see that our offensive line is not good enough to sustain blocks for 2 or 3 seconds, even against average D-1 competition. This is why we have an anemic running game. BUT, against most of the teams left, I think they are good enough to fire of the ball for 3 to 4 yards (and yes, that produces first downs if the O-line could figure out how to play the game without getting so many penalties).

Some would say -- well, you'll get stuffed when they put 8 men in the box. A lead blocker (READ FULLBACK) can negate this and you can still get 3 to 4 yards, BUT you have to have some miss direction in the running game, including counters and THE FB RUNNING THE BALL ONCE IN A WHILE.

Also, you have to throw to a streaking TE and/or slot receiver to keep the safeties honest. I really don't care if you hit him are not but you have to at least throw it down field or the safeties will kill you. These short-yardage check downs do nothing to help your running game.

Ok, I'll get off my :boxosoap now.