Time to reflect!

Hokieluv

Hey husker-friends!

OK, so we both got punched in the face this weekend. Let's give our credits to the Texas Tech and Ga Tech teams this week. Both teams showed up better prepared and we are both back to reality. Our 19 and 20 year "idols" let us down when we needed a win the most. Blame it on Bo or Beamer, truth is that we are upset and that we would have loved for our teams to have earned national respect this past weekend. As much as I would have loved to blame it on the S.O.A.B Yellow Jacket fan who threw beer on me and the old lady standing next to me in the players' guest section in Atlanta on Saturday had nothing to do with my team failing to do what they should have done: stop the damn run....

After driving six hours back from Atlanta to Blacksburg Sunday morning with my girlfriend sleeping in the passenger seat, I am convinced that watching my beloved Hokies lose that makes me love them even more when they win. I am also more excited to know that I don't throw beer at my opposing fans when we win. I don't mean to imply that Ga Tech fans are any worse than Va Tech fans. In fact, jerks are all around us and it is the way we handle losses like this that make us great fans. Next week when your Huskers win you will be extra excited. Not only because your team won, but because you remained a true and classy fan when you wanted to throw a beer and curse the opposing team and fans.

So, let's have a cold one and move on together...

Hokieluv

Hey husker-friends!

OK, so we both got punched in the face this weekend. Let's give our credits to the Texas Tech and Ga Tech teams this week. Both teams showed up better prepared and we are both back to reality. Our 19 and 20 year "idols" let us down when we needed a win the most. Blame it on Bo or Beamer, truth is that we are upset and that we would have loved for our teams to have earned national respect this past weekend. As much as I would have loved to blame it on the S.O.A.B Yellow Jacket fan who threw beer on me and the old lady standing next to me in the players' guest section in Atlanta on Saturday had nothing to do with my team failing to do what they should have done: stop the damn run....

After driving six hours back from Atlanta to Blacksburg Sunday morning with my girlfriend sleeping in the passenger seat, I am convinced that watching my beloved Hokies lose that makes me love them even more when they win. I am also more excited to know that I don't throw beer at my opposing fans when we win. I don't mean to imply that Ga Tech fans are any worse than Va Tech fans. In fact, jerks are all around us and it is the way we handle losses like this that make us great fans. Next week when your Huskers win you will be extra excited. Not only because your team won, but because you remained a true and classy fan when you wanted to throw a beer and curse the opposing team and fans.

Hokieluv

+1 :woo It's hard for some people, they like to spend their lives pointing out the negative in everything. I'm sure there will be some here shortly.

I think at Nebraska the problem was is expectations had gotten too high too fast. Pelini said it himself, people thought Nebraska was the '85 Bears after Missouri, but he knew what was coming into Lincoln. Even in my head I was looking forward and seeing a difficult but doable road to a BCS game or even a national championship. Several things would have had to gone very right and Nebraska would have had to play very well, but when all of the sudden you go from that possibility back to reality, it sucks.

Now all of the sudden people think ISU and Baylor are going to be tossup games, and we'll be lucky to finish the season with 8 wins.

There has to be something in sports psychology about bipolar disorder in a fanbase.

Hey husker-friends!

Hokieluv

Thanks Hokie...I think a lot of us needed to hear something like this. Same goes to your team...I was mad about Huskers losing and the Hokies losing. What a crappy weekend! So now it is time to pick ourselves up and keep moving forward. Here is to winning the rest of the games for us and VTech. Go Hokies and Go Big Red!