No atheletes on defense....

so, winning easily against ISU would prove what?? that our offense is back??...exactly....at this point a win is a win, but until we build on something over the course of several games, we have proved nothing.

This is why IMO the Huskers should put Green in as QB now. Give him two games to gain experience before OU. Otherwise - I could see Lee moving well against the next two teams -only to get the rug pulled out against the Sooners. The only chance the Huskers have against moving the ball on the stout OU D - is to get Green up to speed.

By all means...start Green. Imagine how wonderful it would be to have him injured against some two-bit wanna-be like Iowa State when, instead, you could have started Lee and after pouncing to a 263-0 lead after the first quarter you could put in Green to mop up and gain valuable experience he could put to use against some real football team in the future.... <_<

so, winning easily against ISU would prove what?? that our offense is back??...exactly....at this point a win is a win, but until we build on something over the course of several games, we have proved nothing.

This is why IMO the Huskers should put Green in as QB now. Give him two games to gain experience before OU. Otherwise - I could see Lee moving well against the next two teams -only to get the rug pulled out against the Sooners. The only chance the Huskers have against moving the ball on the stout OU D - is to get Green up to speed.

By all means...start Green. Imagine how wonderful it would be to have him injured against some two-bit wanna-be like Iowa State when, instead, you could have started Lee and after pouncing to a 263-0 lead after the first quarter you could put in Green to mop up and gain valuable experience he could put to use against some real football team in the future.... <_<

LOL. I think I'd "take my chances" on injuring Green.

Having our offense move the ball against ISU will prove absolutely nothing. It happens every single year for about the last 5 years. We start off training camp saying man we have a lot of o linemen back this year I think this is the year we finally get back to dominating d linemen. Then we come out and move the ball really well against the likes of Troy, Nevada, Louisiana Tech, Nicholls State, New Mexico State, only to get to Mizzou, USC, TT, Va Tech in 08' and get stuffed. Then we come across a team like KSU or ISU or Baylor mid season and we run for over 220 yards again then everyone starts sayin our o line is back only to get stuffed again by OU or OSU or UT later in the year again. I really thought we were on to something when we ran the ball so easily against Va Tech this year then for whatever reason we went backwards. Until we start running for around 5 ypc against all teams, not just ones we should run for 8 or 9 ypc, I don't think I'll have faith in the running game.

We are sure that Green won't get the rug pulled out from under him by the Sooners as a true freshman starting his third game.

Actually, make that: we are sure that he will, and will be ready with excuses that it's his third game as a true freshman.

Again that's what I think all this Green hype boils down to: worrying our QB/O is gonna struggle, but with Green we provide ourselves a better excuse for that. He's young. He'll develop. Pryor didn't, but...Green had four stinkin' stars, dammit. I mean, stars aren't everything.

Having our offense move the ball against ISU will prove absolutely nothing. It happens every single year for about the last 5 years. We start off training camp saying man we have a lot of o linemen back this year I think this is the year we finally get back to dominating d linemen. Then we come out and move the ball really well against the likes of Troy, Nevada, Louisiana Tech, Nicholls State, New Mexico State, only to get to Mizzou, USC, TT, Va Tech in 08' and get stuffed. Then we come across a team like KSU or ISU or Baylor mid season and we run for over 220 yards again then everyone starts sayin our o line is back only to get stuffed again by OU or OSU or UT later in the year again. I really thought we were on to something when we ran the ball so easily against Va Tech this year then for whatever reason we went backwards. Until we start running for around 5 ypc against all teams, not just ones we should run for 8 or 9 ypc, I don't think I'll have faith in the running game.

Good post. I could not have said it any better.

ISU has done pretty well so far with what they have. I wouldn't discount their ability as a team. They should have beat both KSU and KU and are more than capable of putting a beating on the Huskers if they play the way they did last weekend against Tech.

ISU's Defense is no where near the same caliber as TT's Defense, TT got 5 sacks in that game. Despite only getting 10 points vs. TT last week and 15 vs. VT, NU ranks 25th in the nation in Scoring Offense at 32.33 points per game. ISU's defense is no better than Arkansas State's defense or ULL's defense, remember that Ark. St. nearly pulled off an upset in Iowa City and ULL BEAT Kansas State this year, so I think they will score pretty easily against the Cyclones. Heck they should only need 17 points TOPs to beat this team, I think ISU will be hard pressed to score more than 14 points.

I sure hope you are right, but if the Huskers offense comes out and plays completely uninspired this weekend, ISU will most likely take this game to the wire.

We are sure that Green won't get the rug pulled out from under him by the Sooners as a true freshman starting his third game.

Actually, make that: we are sure that he will, and will be ready with excuses that it's his third game as a true freshman.

Again that's what I think all this Green hype boils down to: worrying our QB/O is gonna struggle, but with Green we provide ourselves a better excuse for that. He's young. He'll develop. Pryor didn't, but...Green had four stinkin' stars, dammit. I mean, stars aren't everything.

When you have no stars, I'll take Green's 4 stars any day. Dude, this isn't about making excuses for losing. This is about hopefully doing a couple things: 1. Fire up the offense. and 2. Get something productive (experience) out of that burned red shirt.

I guess I'm probably wrong again as I was last week thinking the Tech game was in the bag. But I fail to see the game with the Clones as anything close to easy. Maybe we only struggle with teams that have a Tech attatched to them. But Iowa State is a better football team than any of the Sunbelt teams the Huskers faced and other than that we haven't beaten anyone except the last placed team in the Big 12 north. Regardless of the outcome the Clones are a lot better than years past. Great coaching hire and hope they keep him.