Travel Question

Dan_F_30

Planning on leaving around 7:45 - 8. Just wanted to make sure we get there and have time to tailgate a for an hour. But I haven't been there on game day this year so I was just wondering what the construction situation is. And if any wise and sage-like veterans have any alternate route or know the recent travel time to games this year. Thanks for your input.

Few weeks ago I took I80 to my parents place, which is past lincoln. gameday traffic was bumper to bumper before I even crossed the Platte River.

That was about 2 hrs prior to kickoff.

We jumped off the interstate and took gravel a lot of the way after that, because I figured the highway would be just as bad.

Oh, and all that gameday traffic, really ticks you off when people fly down the right lane trying to cut in when the interstate goes back to two lanes... :angry:

Few weeks ago I took I80 to my parents place, which is past lincoln. gameday traffic was bumper to bumper before I even crossed the Platte River.

We jumped off the interstate and took gravel a lot of the way after that, because I figured the highway would be just as bad.

Oh, and all that gameday traffic, really ticks you off when people fly down the right lane trying to cut in when the interstate goes back to two lanes... :angry:

Good thing you don't live in the NYC area then.

Just leave early and you will miss the traffic. Most people will not leave before 8:30 because they are not early risers and not used to early games. The earlier the easier. I would aim for 7-8:30 window. This insures a good trip and finding a good parking spot.

Speaking of which, i started a thread earlier surrounding tailgating but never got a response. Does anyone know if you can still pay and park in the Haymarket parking lot, or are there better areas to park to tailgate?

:yeah

I couldn't agree more.

I hate rude drivers. Those who don't use the 'courtesy wave', or their blinkers...

If i were in NY, I would want to move as soon as possible. To many people.

Hope everyone makes it to the husker game quickly, and safely! GBR!