Stay Positive

robsker

Folks:

Stay positive and support these kids. They are struggling and have an array of issues to work out before they are going to be particularly good. As they give it their best effort, we as fans should be supportive.

Do not call out individual kids by name. These are teenagers giving it their best. Support them win, lose or draw. All these players have done is give it their best.

Support them.

Amen, robsker! I have been a Husker fan for 40 years, through good and bad times, but in my heart, I really believe we are going to win every game. And we'll catch heck for calling them "teenager" or "kids", but that's what they are. It's a game.....a game and a team I love, and I will support them no matter what!

Go Big Red!!!

Right there with you. Most of these brats don't remember, but there were tough times under Devaney and Osborne, too. The kids are trying, the coaching staff is teaching. REMEMBER 2007, FOLKS? At least the players are in shape now and play hard to the end!

I did see some positive in the game, Take the 8 friggin turnovers out (Like the McDonalds husker special 2 turnovers for only a buck) lol and we actually were moving the ball into the red zone. I saw some promise in some freshmen players. I saw the hunger in Greens eyes grow till I thought he was going to eat Lee's hand off to play. We started off bad by losing some players we thought we would have this year and we are playing with freshman for goodness sake. Add some discipline to those boys and 25 pounds and we have a heck of a team next year.

I did see some positive in the game, Take the 8 friggin turnovers out (Like the McDonalds husker special 2 turnovers for only a buck) lol and we actually were moving the ball into the red zone. I saw some promise in some freshmen players. I saw the hunger in Greens eyes grow till I thought he was going to eat Lee's hand off to play. We started off bad by losing some players we thought we would have this year and we are playing with freshman for goodness sake. Add some discipline to those boys and 25 pounds and we have a heck of a team next year.

Its too bad we have to turn to true Freshmen but the experience they are gaining will really pay off. Robinson and Burkhead could be quite the tandem in future years.

It is just a game.

Sorry, but that's just a chickensh#t excuse. Why do you watch it if it's "just a game?" No one said it was life and death, but don't lessen its importance by saying it doesn't matter just because something went wrong. They played like sh#t, something needs to be fixed, and saying it's "just a game" isn't going to do anyone any good, least of all them.

I don't know a better place to post this, so i will put here and maybe a few others that run along the line of this subject.

I spent 6 years in the military traveling around the country and the world meeting new people, and during that time i met a lot of college football fans (especially from Texas) and i put up with a huge amount of negativity towards the Huskers.

But i have never experienced or would think to see this kind of negativity towards the Huskers from our very own fans. What ever happened to being respectful fans? What ever happened to being respectful to our team or supportive to our team?

Even during the bad years under Tom Osborne, Husker fans never booed, Husker fans didn't try to get into fights with other fans, Husker fans were very supportive for their struggling team. What has happened to that?

People will do what they want, thats life. But right now i feel like the only thing that is giving the Huskers a bad name is the some of the fans themselves.

It is just a game.

Sorry, but that's just a chickensh#t excuse. Why do you watch it if it's "just a game?" No one said it was life and death, but don't lessen its importance by saying it doesn't matter just because something went wrong. They played like sh#t, something needs to be fixed, and saying it's "just a game" isn't going to do anyone any good, least of all them.

I didn't say it was "just a game".....I said "it's a game". I watch because I am a Husker fan! Always have been and always will be. I also didn't say it was "life & death", and I didn't say "it doesn't matter". It DOES matter, but I'm not going to stop supporting them. As a Mom of boys who wrestled, played baseball, and football, I know that those kids didn't go out there and intentionally not catch a pass; they didn't intentionally fumble a ball.......they just didn't have a good day! I know I look at this a whole different way because I'm a woman, but as I said, I will always be a Husker fan and it disappoints me just as much as it does anybody else! It's not a "chicken sh#t excuse".........!

Go Big Red!

We cut down on penalties, only 2 that i recall.

We went through a slow spot at the same point last season.

we will get out of it.

GBR

3 penalties for 25 yards.

Other than the fumble, Robinson had 15 carries for 77 YDS and a TD, not too shabby.

And a fumble that cost us 7, so his day was at best a wash.

Totally disagree since Robinson managed to put the only TD on the board. He had a heck of a game for a true Freshman they pulled out of his redshirt what last week? At least he was trying to protect the ball. While it's sad they actually took the ball away from him he was putting forth more effort than ALOT of players. Helu had no business being in the game on the other hand if he didn't have the strenghth to hold onto the ball due to his injury.

Robinson was fighting for yards. I think he made a rookie mistake. He has a very bright future here.

We cut down on penalties, only 2 that i recall.

We went through a slow spot at the same point last season.

we will get out of it.

GBR

3 penalties for 25 yards.

Other than the fumble, Robinson had 15 carries for 77 YDS and a TD, not too shabby.

And a fumble that cost us 7, so his day was at best a wash.

Totally disagree since Robinson managed to put the only TD on the board. He had a heck of a game for a true Freshman they pulled out of his redshirt what last week? At least he was trying to protect the ball. While it's sad they actually took the ball away from him he was putting forth more effort than ALOT of players. Helu had no business being in the game on the other hand if he didn't have the strenghth to hold onto the ball due to his injury.

Robinson was fighting for yards. I think he made a rookie mistake. He has a very bright future here.

You're right. Robinson was a pleasant surprise.

Folks:

Stay positive and support these kids. They are struggling and have an array of issues to work out before they are going to be particularly good. As they give it their best effort, we as fans should be supportive.

Do not call out indivisual kids by name. These are teenagers giving it their best. Support them win, lose or draw. All these players have done is give it their best.

Support them.

Yes we should support them, but come on... these guys are adults and getting there school paid for.. insert Dan Hawkins (even tho he is a buff) --> this ain't intramurals brother

Folks:

Do not call out indivisual kids by name. These are teenagers giving it their best. Support them win, lose or draw. All these players have done is give it their best.

Support them.

I agree that we need to continue to support the kids however they do need to be accountable for the poor play they are getting a free education for being top level athletes.

Season is over. Wake me up when fall camp starts in 2010.

Hey there is always basketball season to look forward to :)

No, there's not...................... <_<:lol:

Hey think about this.....................last years offense with this years defense....................f-ing awesome! I need a drink and I'm gonna cry now................ :hmmph