Stay Positive

robsker

Give me a break. These are high caliber Div 1 athletes that prance around town like they own the place.

....and this is fukking embarrassing.

I don't ever see them prancing around or them saying they own the place.

But i do see that out of some Husker fans.

I honestly think its our fault though. We came into this season expecting so much, and now that it looks like our high expectations are not going to be coming true, we are taking a lot of anger and frustration. Another thing is we expected a quick recovery to former glory from Bo and this team and it just isnt happening.

Mitch, i will call 911 for you.

This is how close i am to moving on to next season ._. pretty close.

I'm right there with ya bud, I'm already looking forward to the future and hoping it is bright. With Green and Burkhead on offense I believe it will be.

We cut down on penalties, only 2 that i recall.

We went through a slow spot at the same point last season.

we will get out of it.

GBR

3 penalties for 25 yards.

Other than the fumble, Robinson had 15 carries for 77 YDS and a TD, not too shabby.

And a fumble that cost us 7, so his day was at best a wash.

Totally disagree since Robinson managed to put the only TD on the board. He had a heck of a game for a true Freshman they pulled out of his redshirt what last week? At least he was trying to protect the ball. While it's sad they actually took the ball away from him he was putting forth more effort than ALOT of players. Helu had no business being in the game on the other hand if he didn't have the strenghth to hold onto the ball due to his injury.

I question the comment about being high level Division 1 athletes.

But they gave their all today. I saw kids trying as hard as they could.

I saw a Oline that played quite well.

A defense that gave up yards to a team without its starting QB and league leading running back.

This game hurts, but it hurts the kids worse. This type of game does not normally happen.

A horror story to say the least

But as robsker says we need to stay positive and suppor the staff and the kids. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, we need to show that.

We cut down on penalties, only 2 that i recall.

We went through a slow spot at the same point last season.

we will get out of it.

GBR

3 penalties for 25 yards.

Other than the fumble, Robinson had 15 carries for 77 YDS and a TD, not too shabby.

He had a good day, with the exception of the fumble, as a true freshman.

"I honestly think its our fault though. We came into this season expecting so much, and now that it looks like our high expectations are not going to be coming true, we are taking a lot of anger and frustration. Another thing is we expected a quick recovery to former glory from Bo and this team and it just isnt happening."

Huh? we go win the Gator bowl, come back with a lot of our offense less two recievees and Ganz, a loaded defense, a friggin Heisman trophy candidate at DT, and we expect too much? All we expected was to win enough games to win the North, and get to the Big 12 chanpionship and likely lose. not play in the NC.

I do not think those are high expectations. IMHO

"I honestly think its our fault though. We came into this season expecting so much, and now that it looks like our high expectations are not going to be coming true, we are taking a lot of anger and frustration. Another thing is we expected a quick recovery to former glory from Bo and this team and it just isnt happening."

Huh? we go win the Gator bowl, come back with a lot of our offense less two recievees and Ganz, a loaded defense, a friggin Heisman trophy candidate at DT, and we expect too much? All we expected was to win enough games to win the North, and get to the Big 12 chanpionship and likely lose. not play in the NC.

Im saying we expected an inexperienced junior QB and a hand full of mediocre receivers to take us one step higher.

Im saying we expected an inexperienced junior QB and a hand full of mediocre receivers to take us one step higher.

we expected them to beat freaking IOWA STATE

As hard as it is to swallow today's loss, I agree with robsker.

At the same time, I also understand the pessimism expressed in here as well.

It's unfortunate that the offense is suffering a midseason meltdown. :dunno

If there was ever a time when a program needed a "pick-me-up" from its fans, NOW is the time from here on out.

There is still a lot of ball left to play before we decide to write this season off as fans.

Hang in there Husker Nation. We've survived the Callahan era. Surely we can manage this one too? ;)

As hard as it is to swallow today's loss, I agree with robsker.

At the same time, I also understand the pessimism expressed in here as well.

It's unfortunate that the offense is suffering a midseason meltdown. :dunno

If there was ever a time when a program needed a "pick-me-up" from its fans, NOW is the time from here on out.

There is still a lot of ball left to play before we decide to write this season off as fans.

Hang in there Husker Nation. We've survived the Callahan era. Surely we can manage this one too? ;)

The offense is not having a 'midseason meltdown' it is having a vs BCS school meltdown. Its not like this is an isolated incident. Even with veteran players at WR and QB in recent years, we still threw clunkers vs good teams.

The fans cant, and wont, do a 'pick me up' when we just keep getting more of the same every week. QB plays like crap, we get BS lines and they say its not his fault. So he goes out and plays like crap again, and again, and again. We have WRs who consistently drop balls, and consistently they get the playing time.

I think we have all seen plenty this year that makes just the idea of more games like this a very painful thought. Unless someone in the coaching office decides to go against the same BS lines we keep hearing, we will get to see more of Lee every week, him play like crap every week, and us lose every week. We get to see the same WRs week after week drop balls week after week, and keep playing. We get to see a very good defense, and one of our best players ever, have the season wasted from pure ineptitude from the offensive side of the ball, from Wats all the way down. This season is lost. We are all but eliminated from the north race right now, and without some dramatic turnaround on offense that I just dont see happening with the stubborn stupidity they are showing, this team will be eliminated from bowl contention in a few weeks.

Folks:

Stay positive and support these kids. They are struggling and have an array of issues to work out before they are going to be particularly good. As they give it their best effort, we as fans should be supportive.

Do not call out individual kids by name. These are teenagers giving it their best. Support them win, lose or draw. All these players have done is give it their best.

Support them.

Amen, robsker! I have been a Husker fan for 40 years, through good and bad times, but in my heart, I really believe we are going to win every game. And we'll catch heck for calling them "teenager" or "kids", but that's what they are. It's a game.....a game and a team I love, and I will support them no matter what!

Go Big Red!!!

Thanks Ohiohusker.

The team right now needs support. Piling on them is not right. They are trying their best. Piling on helps no one.

It is just a game.

Folks:

Stay positive and support these kids. They are struggling and have an array of issues to work out before they are going to be particularly good. As they give it their best effort, we as fans should be supportive.

Do not call out individual kids by name. These are teenagers giving it their best. Support them win, lose or draw. All these players have done is give it their best.

Support them.

Amen, robsker! I have been a Husker fan for 40 years, through good and bad times, but in my heart, I really believe we are going to win every game. And we'll catch heck for calling them "teenager" or "kids", but that's what they are. It's a game.....a game and a team I love, and I will support them no matter what!

Go Big Red!!!

Alright I got three positives out of this game

1. I didn't break anything

2. I didn't go to the game and watch this game in person

3. SUH is a beast

I couldn't break anything I was at the game <_<

This team......I'm speechless I just don't know what to do or say anymore.