The obsession with Cody Green needs to stop.

BLB115

I take Bo's word when he says that Cody Green is not ready and the Zac Lee is more prepared than he is. Period.

I have faith in Bo's judgment, unlike some people.

One's faith has hardly been rewarded especially yesterday. He's a new coach without a clue offensively. I think your faith is misplaced.

:sarcasm Should have hired you as HC! You seem to know more than Bo knows. But then you probably were coaching at some other D1 school when we were looking for a HC and weren't available at the time, right?

I take Bo's word when he says that Cody Green is not ready and the Zac Lee is more prepared than he is. Period.

I think your faith is misplaced.

Perhaps you would like to tell me what my faith should be in?

No, what needs to stop is the notion that ANYONE actually believes Green will be a great quarterback this season. People continue to pretend that is the case, when it fact I haven't seen anyone actually say that.

People rightfully believe we can win close games with a DECENT quarterback, and Green can be that guy. Very, very simple.

he could be a spark.

a spark in a dry, desolate desert that is NU offense. maybe he could make something happen....I agree if he was freaking good enough to start, he would be...but after 4 games of crap play by many on offense maybe he could provide some plays? who knows?

uh, the coaches do...and when he gets in, it will be the right time.

Cody is NOT the answer to all the problems on this offense. Anyone that thinks just by bringing Cody in all our problems will be miraculously solved needs to open their eyes and watch the games and see where the breakdowns really are..

So, quit talking about a spark by bring in Cody, you are wasting your breath. If Cody was ready to take over, I am sure he would have already been the "man".

Weren't people saying the same thing about another quarter back oh lets say 17 years ago..

I think his name was Tommie.

Cody can not solve the offensive woes, but why burn the kid's red shirt only to not play him. I may not be a Division I Coach, but its not rocket science that you should get the kid some quality snaps.

You can argue that Green doesn't deserve quality snaps, but what has Zac Lee done to deserve those snaps over him? :dunno Maybe I have been watching a different Husker team the last 5 weeks. I would rather have a piss poor season offensively this year and get Green the experience of managing the game than to give it to a 3rd string Juco transfer. :rant

One's faith has hardly been rewarded especially yesterday. He's a new coach without a clue offensively. I think your faith is misplaced.

ah...

faith is misplaced.

so if Bo, as head coach, as the man who'll lose his job if he's not successful, can't be trusted to play the best players, who should be?

some guys/gals on the internet?

you gotta be kidding.

he's the head coach folks.

like it. don't like it. that's how it is. who plays, who doesn't, it's ultimately his call.

you are N or you are not.

you support him, or you don't.

your choice.

and just my opinions.

I was at the TTech game. I'm not trying to knock the guy. He is not Jesus f-ing Christ like everyone else thinks he is. He threw at least 3 picks that were dropped during the ttech game. His stats were padded against sunbelt opponents like lee's are. Why is he so much better? He is better at stepping up in the pocket, but does that lead to a higher completion rate?

I said this in another thread but :

Zac Lee is not a Big XII signal caller. That's what seems to be missed by those still thinking he should be playing. He will never be even serviceable at this level. Maybe Cody Green will be, maybe Kody Spano could be next year. It is time to see if Green can play at this level.

Think about this, Zac Lee wouldn't start at any other Big XII school right now (barring injury to their starter). He would be third string at Iowa State.

ah...

faith is misplaced.

so if Bo, as head coach, as the man who'll lose his job if he's not successful, can't be trusted to play the best players, who should be?

you gotta be kidding.

like it. don't like it. that's how it is. who plays, who doesn't, it's ultimately his call.

your choice.

and just my opinions.

I personally believe Bo has given Shawn Watson a huge leash with the offense. Shawn Watson will be fired long before Bo will be. The defensive turnaround has not been good, it has been great. It is time for a power running game again and a new Oline coach.

Ultimately the Husker's and Bo's bills are paid by the people of this state. Ultimately the boosters will make the final decision on Watson after this season.

Evidently as far as we can see so far, from coaches and many posters on this board, Green is overhyped. I have no idea why his redshirt was burned if they were not planning on using him. I take it that he must be a bust then. I hope Spano gets healthy and lil Gabbert is better than what many of our latest qb's turn out to be.

ah...

faith is misplaced.

you gotta be kidding.

your choice.

and just my opinions.

I personally believe Bo has given Shawn Watson a huge leash with the offense. Shawn Watson will be fired long before Bo will be. The defensive turnaround has not been good, it has been great. It is time for a power running game again and a new Oline coach.

Ultimately the Husker's and Bo's bills are paid by the people of this state. Ultimately the boosters will make the final decision on Watson after this season.

If we go to a power running game we have a great offensive line coach. He just doesn't mesh well with Watsons pansy-ass offense.

9 yards up the middle 5 plays in a row with a lead blocker either isn't challenging enough or sexy enough for Watson.

A true freshman fumbles trying to get extra yards and you completely abandon it for the shotgun? That is the most confusing move I might have ever witnessed in football playcalling.

I was at the TTech game. I'm not trying to knock the guy. He is not Jesus f-ing Christ like everyone else thinks he is. He threw at least 3 picks that were dropped during the ttech game. His stats were padded against sunbelt opponents like lee's are. Why is he so much better? He is better at stepping up in the pocket, but does that lead to a higher completion rate?

I'm with you!

We lost yesterday not becasue of playcalling or screen passes, but becasue we couldn't hold onto the ball.

he could be a spark.

a spark in a dry, desolate desert that is NU offense. maybe he could make something happen....I agree if he was freaking good enough to start, he would be...but after 4 games of crap play by many on offense maybe he could provide some plays? who knows?

Cody is NOT the answer to all the problems on this offense. Anyone that thinks just by bringing Cody in all our problems will be miraculously solved needs to open their eyes and watch the games and see where the breakdowns really are..

So, quit talking about a spark by bring in Cody, you are wasting your breath. If Cody was ready to take over, I am sure he would have already been the "man".

Weren't people saying the same thing about another quarter back oh lets say 17 years ago..

Cody can not solve the offensive woes, but why burn the kid's red shirt only to not play him. I may not be a Division I Coach, but its not rocket science that you should get the kid some quality snaps.

You can argue that Green doesn't deserve quality snaps, but what has Zac Lee done to deserve those snaps over him? :dunno Maybe I have been watching a different Husker team the last 5 weeks. I would rather have a piss poor season offensively this year and get Green the experience of managing the game than to give it to a 3rd string Juco transfer. :rant

The only answer I can give you is practice. Bo seems to be pretty open about who starts. The one who starts is the one who shines in practice. If you want a freshman QB take a look at Tate Forcier. Perfect example of freshman QB. Some really great plays and then 10-30 against PSU yesterday. This is what Green will do.

The only answer I can give you is practice. Bo seems to be pretty open about who starts. The one who starts is the one who shines in practice. If you want a freshman QB take a look at Tate Forcier. Perfect example of freshman QB. Some really great plays and then 10-30 against PSU yesterday. This is what Green will do.

It wouldn't have taken too many big plays to score a field goal or a touch down yesterday. I would rather win against Iowa State and lose to OU by 20 points due to picks than to lose to both.

:dunno

If you want to live with a horrible to at best piss poor offense, leave Zac Lee under center. He has proved what he can do on the field against teams that have a heartbeat. Or you take a chance, and put Green in. They may still be piss poor, but at least you're trying something different. It gives the fans and maybe even the other players a glimmer of hope after just getting kicked squarely in the nuts by an improving team that is still years away from having the talent that should be able to come into Lincoln and beat us.

Otherwise, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

he could be a spark.

At this point in the season with where we are, I'll take it. At the very least it will be fun to watch him play. What do we have to lose anymore people after 2 straight home losses? We can only gain by letting Green get experience.

I disagree emphatically on that one, we have players that make big plays in practice that sit the bench because they can't answer Shawn Watson when he asks "What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?", receivers that may be able to actually catch the football are kept on the sidelines because they can't block the way Gilmore wants them to. They leave running backs on the bench because they can't pick up the blitz 100% of the time, even when they aren't throwing the ball.

No sir, the players who play and start for Pelini are not necassarily the ones who shine, but the ones who are consistent in practice. The practice warriors see the field, and often the (in theory) more talented players sit on the sidelines. I understand that Bo has his culture that he wants to instill, and he obviously knows better than I, but I think at some point you have to take a chance and put the kid out there that gives you the best chance to make a play.