Blame Lee and Watson...why?

bdubb75

After watching the football follies video on YouTube from the Iowa State game, how can you blame anybody other than the players that fumbled? I mean, other than the 2 errant throws, Zac Lee apparently played well. I live in Florida so I didn't get a chance to see the game as it is out of my 'area' but after watching those follies, if we don't fumble, we win that game 35-9 at least. I know Zac Lee isn't the best QB and we often question Watson's play calling but not even the almighty Tim Tebow could have won that game for us against Iowa St with those types of turnovers.

After watching the football follies video on YouTube from the Iowa State game, how can you blame anybody other than the players that fumbled? I mean, other than the 2 errant throws, Zac Lee apparently played well. I live in Florida so I didn't get a chance to see the game as it is out of my 'area' but after watching those follies, if we don't fumble, we win that game 35-9 at least. I know Zac Lee isn't the best QB and we often question Watson's play calling but not even the almighty Tim Tebow could have won that game for us against Iowa St with those types of turnovers.

i thought the same thing after watching the video and, like you, did not get to watch the game live. maybe if the game is watched in its enitrety, then his ineptitude that people are talking about on the board would be obvious, but most of those turnovers looked to be other players' faults.

i thought the same thing after watching the video and, like you, did not get to watch the game live. maybe if the game is watched in its enitrety, then his ineptitude that people are talking about on the board would be obvious, but most of those turnovers looked to be other players' faults.

No, I watched the game and I agree with you two. I thought Lee played pretty well actually. Every time he made a check, the play went for good yardage so it seemed to me that he was in a nice groove managing the Offense. The turnovers were the story of the game, plain and simple IMO. People talk about the Offense having issues, but I didn't see it really. I saw an offense that on most days puts up 42+ points, but turned over the ball nearly every single drive.

Lee didn't have a terrible game. However, temper that enthusiasm with the fact that he was under virtually no pressure the entire game. The ISU pass rush was woeful to nonexistent.

Lee still held the ball entirely too long. Most of the passes he completed were for very short yardage or were stop routes where the receiver was literally standing still waiting for the ball. With 1 or two exceptions, Lee's passes while the receivers were still moving were off target - either behind, low, or high. He did not play well.

But, yeah. You are correct. The fumbles lost the game more than anything. The running game should have been able to shoulder the load.

No, I watched the game and I agree with you two. I thought Lee played pretty well actually. Every time he made a check, the play went for good yardage so it seemed to me that he was in a nice groove managing the Offense. The turnovers were the story of the game, plain and simple IMO. People talk about the Offense having issues, but I didn't see it really. I saw an offense that on most days puts up 42+ points, but turned over the ball nearly every single drive.

He averaged less than 7 yards per attempt, and if you take away the Niles Paul fumble debacle, it was less than 5. That does not scream good yardage.

He averaged less than 7 yards per attempt, and if you take away the Niles Paul fumble debacle, it was less than 5. That does not scream good yardage.

<_<

Why would we take away the Niles Paul fumble debacle? That's not Lee's fault at all, and shouldn't be removed from his stats. LEE THREW A TD PASS on that play. Paul gave it away. Even as bad as Lee has played, he's still in the top 50 in Pass Efficiency in the country. For a "balanced" team, that's great. To put that in perspective, Lee is five spots behind Oklahoma's Landry Jones, two spots ahead of Blaine Gabbert, and 19 spots ahead of preseason Heisman candidate Jevan Snead.

Now, if you want to talk ONLY about yards per attempt, Lee is ranked ahead of guys like Snead, Gabbert, Jones and some kid named Colt McCoy (it says he plays for Texas - never heard of him).