Bo Pelini: Zac Is Our QB

You need to look again. All 3 interceptions were poorly thrown. :facepalm::facepalm: Maybe Williams ought to get in Lee's face instead of a freshman just off the scout team.

See zoogies post. I was gonna say the same thing until i read that... how can you blame lee for putting the ball where gilleylen can catch it and not the defenders? be objective here. if that's green throwing that same pass, you think its gilleylens fault. The last one can be put on zac, but they had very little time, and 3rd down, just trying to make a play. If a guy puts 80% of his balls on the money and throw 1 pick that is his fault, you're going to be a pretty damn good football team. See Texas.

All I was saying is that when you throw a ball behind and high of a receiver it is not all on the receiver.. any Qb would own up and say that it was a poor throw.. Yes I also believe that it could have been brought in but it wasn't... but once again you put it high and behind more then likely it ends up being an int..

As to other posts about being one sided, I came into the season laughing at a couple guys on this board saying Green would be starting this season... but how much more evidence do u need that Lee just doesn't have it? I'm convinced.. but would love for my opinion to be changed by a strong end of the season.

No QB throws every ball perfectly. McNeil's ball was a little behind, but he got his hand on it and had a shot at the catch. It was just fluky how that somehow ended up a couple bounces later being practically handed off from Helu to some ISU defender.

And that pass to Gill was on the money. If you didn't realize, receivers, on occasion, are supposed to jump for balls. Gill had that one right in his hands and instead of catching it he let it hit him and pop up in the air.

The third one, that was on Lee. He wasn't hit (as he was throwing anyway) and he should've seen that guy. That one was disappointing, but the other two? This is not like the end of the TT game where we look at half of Cody Green's pass attempts and say "Wow, that should have been picked off but it wasn't." Kind of the opposite.

I'd have to disagree on both of these. The pass to McNeil was more than "a little behind" and the pass to Gill was too high. Catchable yes.... But high nonetheless. Count me in on the "put Green in for a series or two" crowd. I don't necessarily think you need to start him. But get him in the game a couple times. I was pissed last year too when our backups got no action. If Ganz got hurt we would have been screwed. And there were a couple games where we could have gotten backups in, other than OU.

No QB throws every ball perfectly. McNeil's ball was a little behind, but he got his hand on it and had a shot at the catch. It was just fluky how that somehow ended up a couple bounces later being practically handed off from Helu to some ISU defender.

And that pass to Gill was on the money. If you didn't realize, receivers, on occasion, are supposed to jump for balls. Gill had that one right in his hands and instead of catching it he let it hit him and pop up in the air.

The third one, that was on Lee. He wasn't hit (as he was throwing anyway) and he should've seen that guy. That one was disappointing, but the other two? This is not like the end of the TT game where we look at half of Cody Green's pass attempts and say "Wow, that should have been picked off but it wasn't." Kind of the opposite.

I'd have to disagree on both of these. The pass to McNeil was more than "a little behind" and the pass to Gill was too high. Catchable yes.... But high nonetheless. Count me in on the "put Green in for a series or two" crowd. I don't necessarily think you need to start him. But get him in the game a couple times. I was pissed last year too when our backups got no action. If Ganz got hurt we would have been screwed. And there were a couple games where we could have gotten backups in, other than OU.

I disagree, I think you need to start him and see what happens. What if we get in a hole like the TT game or Lee all of a sudden comes out on fire, he doesn't get a true shot.

I have to say I agree with Tim Griffin... If you don't want to start Green, then throw him in for a couple of snaps here and there to keep the opposing defense on their toes and give our offense a little spark now and then.

I believe he will do exactly that.

but it has to be at the right time. a two point game ain't the time.

lee is the starter. might as well get behind that and support him. Bo has said on multiple occasions that green isn't ready to start.

dedhoarsededhoarse

I believed he would do that too... during every offensive struggle we have faced. Didn't happen and everything has remained the same. If the coaches are going to put in Lee, then that's their choice and that won't sway me from being a Husker fan. And obviously Bo doesn't think Green is ready to start... but give him a chance to take some snaps. I don't feel like I am beating a dead horse because this hasn't been my particular view on this subject, although a reality that I need to accept.

I personally agree with everyone, including you that green should get some PT.

But I disagree vehemently that you plug in the backup in a TWO POINT GAME unless your starter goes down with injury...

what coach in his right mind would do that?

seriously.

Does it really matter who's playing QB when a receiver catches the ball and runs 40 or 50 yards then gets hit below the knee for Christ's sake and begins bobbling the ball until it hits the carpet and is recovered by the D? Does it really matter who's playing QB when the ball hits the receiver right in the hands then the receiver bobbles it and it's picked off by the defense? Does it really matter who's playing QB when the ball is handed off to the running back and the running back runs 5 or so yards then gets hit laying the ball on the carpet for the defense to recover?

I know everyone wants a spark, but there was very little I saw Saturday that a different QB would have/could have changed.

Exactly. Of all the things that went wrong, Lee was the least of them this game.

This. Not defending Lee, because I think he made some bad decisions Saturday. But he got a ball to Paul, who fumbled it. Lee's fault?

He got the ball to McNeill, who couldn't hold onto it. Lee's fault?

Helu fumbled twice. Lee's fault?

DR fumbled within the ISU ten yard line. Lee's fault?

Let's get our heads aroud this.....on Saturday NU committed a season's worth of dumbshit moves in one game. Lee was not perfect but he did what was necessary to have NU win the game.

I most certainly blame the O staff for not having the offensive players ready. Fumbling the ball is the offensive version of a defender tackling poorly. Bo fixed that part, now Watson needs to get the offensive players focused and accountable or he needs to move on down the road and let Beck run the offense.

Rant off.

:boxosoap

Does it really matter who's playing QB when a receiver catches the ball and runs 40 or 50 yards then gets hit below the knee for Christ's sake and begins bobbling the ball until it hits the carpet and is recovered by the D? Does it really matter who's playing QB when the ball hits the receiver right in the hands then the receiver bobbles it and it's picked off by the defense? Does it really matter who's playing QB when the ball is handed off to the running back and the running back runs 5 or so yards then gets hit laying the ball on the carpet for the defense to recover?

I know everyone wants a spark, but there was very little I saw Saturday that a different QB would have/could have changed.

Exactly. Of all the things that went wrong, Lee was the least of them this game.

This. Not defending Lee, because I think he made some bad decisions Saturday. But he got a ball to Paul, who fumbled it. Lee's fault?

He got the ball to McNeill, who couldn't hold onto it. Lee's fault?

Helu fumbled twice. Lee's fault?

DR fumbled within the ISU ten yard line. Lee's fault?

Let's get our heads aroud this.....on Saturday NU committed a season's worth of dumbshit moves in one game. Lee was not perfect but he did what was necessary to have NU win the game.

I most certainly blame the O staff for not having the offensive players ready. Fumbling the ball is the offensive version of a defender tackling poorly. Bo fixed that part, now Watson needs to get the offensive players focused and accountable or he needs to move on down the road and let Beck run the offense.

Rant off.

:boxosoap

There is no question that we should have won this game about 35-9. Zac Lee was not the sole reason for the loss, but he hasn't been great outside of the sunbelt conference either so isn't it fair to suggest that Green might do a better job given the opportunity?

I disagree, I think you need to start him and see what happens. What if we get in a hole like the TT game or Lee all of a sudden comes out on fire, he doesn't get a true shot.

Could happen. Good points by all, no easy answers. But I don't see the harm giving him at least a series or two. Who knows. We won't know that we're all wrong unless he's been given a chance.

Forgive the quality of the pics, but...

The pass to McNeil was just a little behind?

DSC_0999.jpg

And the pass to CG was just a little high? Dude is 2-3 feet in the air, arms almost fully extended.

DSC_1001.jpg

Thank you!

Those are great screen shots. I was watching the game again on Fox and on the long pass play it looked like Suh got body slammed by two or three ISU players I mean off his feet held! Could you look at that play?