Bo Pelini: Zac Is Our QB

From a completely objective point of view...

Lee didn't fumble on the first play from scrimmage.

The interception on the goal line was a take-away by the defense. Lee put the ball on the money.

Lee didn't poke the ball out of Paul's hands.

Lee was 20 yards away when Helu fumbled again.

Lee was 10 yards away when Robinson was stripped. (Nice of Keith Williams to get in Robinson's face though)

Lee was nowhere near Holt when he was stripped.

Lee hit Gilleylen in the hands....

Then Lee threw an interception.

If you blame that loss on Lee it's because you feel the need for a scapegoat.

Absolutely agreeing, brotha

I cannot believe people that are backing Lee. There are people in a war right now fighting for you to continue to miss the point. It is leadership, IMO, plain and simple. Leadership is something Lee doesn't possess. I can't see many offensive players looking at him as their leader.

Our QB right now is the guy in Gladiator - NO, not Maximus - the guy that pisses down his own leg prior to entering the first arena. Everyone who has watched the first 7 games, knows he cannot get it done against a formidable foe. He cannot put confidence into the other ten guys starring back at him in the huddle. They know he can't run it and if he throws they are going to have to make the play themselves (and get decked by doing it), because the throw is rarely right on. THERE IS NO CONFIDENCE ANYWHERE ON OUR OFFENSE - and that confidence starts with a QB. LEADERSHIP 101.

I hope things get better. GBR!

The interception on the goal line was a take-away by the defense. Lee put the ball on the money.

Lee was 10 yards away when Robinson was stripped. (Nice of Keith Williams to get in Robinson's face though)

I still think that the 1st pick was Lee's fault. It was severly underthrown and if ISU's LB wasn't a midget he could have easily gotten an INT. Plus it was behind McNeil as well.

But MUTigerFan please find a way to destroy ISU. I hate them.

I agree with your point of view for this game, but considering our recent struggles (for whatever reason) I like many others would just like to see what Green could do if he got a start. Your point is well taken, but right now what could it hurt. Maybe with Green we win 9-7.

I have to say I agree with Tim Griffin... If you don't want to start Green, then throw him in for a couple of snaps here and there to keep the opposing defense on their toes and give our offense a little spark now and then. And these would notably come at times where Lee and company are just not gelling. With Green being able to run and pass, he could be a great game changer when our offense stalls. It's worth a shot...

And Watson really needs to let things develop. If our running game is going well, why try to change it with crappy passing routes?! :bang

I have to say I agree with Tim Griffin... If you don't want to start Green, then throw him in for a couple of snaps here and there to keep the opposing defense on their toes and give our offense a little spark now and then. And these would notably come at times where Lee and company are just not gelling. With Green being able to run and pass, he could be a great game changer when our offense stalls. It's worth a shot...

And Watson really needs to let things develop. If our running game is going well, why try to change it with crappy passing routes?! :bang

If he doesn't plan on giving him a shot than why the heck did he burn his redshirt? Washington could have came in for mop up time against the sunbelt and you can always burn it in an emergency.

i dont think the pass to mcneill was on the money...:dunno:

Neither was the pass to Gilleylen, but the pass to Jesse Smith (ISU's middle LB) was!

:yeah

The pass to McNeill was behind and short. The pass to Gilleylen was high and away.

I just think it is going to bite us in the behind if a change isn't made soon. Especially if Zac plays like he's on an empty tank this coming weekend. It would be nice to see Zac come out next saturday and play good, confident, and lead us down the field for a change...but I don't think he has it in him. If Watson keeps drawing up these QB designed runs with Lee, I'm going to completely lose it.

If he doesn't plan on giving him a shot than why the heck did he burn his redshirt? Washington could have came in for mop up time against the sunbelt and you can always burn it in an emergency.

Haven't we all been asking this all year? <_<

Last year it seemed Bo was saving redshirts for the future.. now it seems he is cutting down on Green's eligibility.. Maybe Green will redshirt next year if Spano is back? :dunno and then play 3 years as a starter..

I have no idea whether Bo plans on giving him a shot or why they burned his redshirt... :dunno But since the deed has already been done, then I think they need to give Green some play time. I would prefer that Green get a chance to start and see how things go, but it appears that Lee is going to remain. So let Green come in and mix things up when drives start becoming three and outs or stalling in the red zone. JMO

I have to say I agree with Tim Griffin... If you don't want to start Green, then throw him in for a couple of snaps here and there to keep the opposing defense on their toes and give our offense a little spark now and then.

I believe he will do exactly that.

but it has to be at the right time. a two point game ain't the time.

lee is the starter. might as well get behind that and support him. Bo has said on multiple occasions that green isn't ready to start.

dedhoarsededhoarse