Pelini & Watson split on QB???

The problem with Cody Green he has NO SPARK NO SPARKY!!!!

And Helu is FINE!

Hickman will be FINE!

Our long snapper needs a SPARK!

"Pelini: Offense needs spark

12:37 p.m. Coach Bo Pelini thinks his offense, which has managed just 17 points in the last two games, needs some kind of mental jumpstart.

Pelini spoke on the Big 12 coaches teleconference today, hinting that the recent offensive problems aren't personnel-oriented. The players need a spark, he said.

“Where that spark comes from, that's for us to determine,” he said. “I think that could come from a lot of different areas. We need to light a fire under it. Somebody's got to step up and make some plays.”

Pelini was complimentary of quarterback Zac Lee, who played the entire 9-7 loss against Iowa State and was 20-for-37 for 248 yards. The starter's performance wasn't flawless, Pelini said, but Lee “graded out pretty well.”

No changes at quarterback right now, Pelini said.

Nebraska should have its most veteran offensive lineman healthy for Saturday's game at Baylor. Senior center Jacob Hickman, with his right foot heavily taped, played on just two possessions against Iowa State.

“Jacob Hickman's getting better every day and I would think that he's going to be available for the game on Saturday,” Pelini said.

-- From the Big 12 Conference today: Nebraska's Nov. 7 game against Oklahoma could be televised by ABC. An announcement isn't expected until the weekend.

The network, seeking to fill its 2:30 and 7 p.m. slots, will choose two of these three games: Nebraska-Oklahoma, Kansas-Kansas State and Oklahoma State-Iowa State. Versus will broadcast the leftover game at 11:30 a.m."

And Helu is FINE!

Hickman will be FINE!

12:37 p.m. Coach Bo Pelini thinks his offense, which has managed just 17 points in the last two games, needs some kind of mental jumpstart.

Pelini spoke on the Big 12 coaches teleconference today, hinting that the recent offensive problems aren't personnel-oriented. The players need a spark, he said.

“Where that spark comes from, that's for us to determine,” he said. “I think that could come from a lot of different areas. We need to light a fire under it. Somebody's got to step up and make some plays.”

Pelini was complimentary of quarterback Zac Lee, who played the entire 9-7 loss against Iowa State and was 20-for-37 for 248 yards. The starter's performance wasn't flawless, Pelini said, but Lee “graded out pretty well.”

Nebraska should have its most veteran offensive lineman healthy for Saturday's game at Baylor. Senior center Jacob Hickman, with his right foot heavily taped, played on just two possessions against Iowa State.

“Jacob Hickman's getting better every day and I would think that he's going to be available for the game on Saturday,” Pelini said.

-- From the Big 12 Conference today: Nebraska's Nov. 7 game against Oklahoma could be televised by ABC. An announcement isn't expected until the weekend.

The network, seeking to fill its 2:30 and 7 p.m. slots, will choose two of these three games: Nebraska-Oklahoma, Kansas-Kansas State and Oklahoma State-Iowa State. Versus will broadcast the leftover game at 11:30 a.m."

We need to cover our jerseys with flint like oregon, so we can get that spark.

And Helu is FINE!

Hickman will be FINE!

Honestly, it's really starting to seem like Bo just doesn't want to admit that he's wrong. Where else does he think he's going to get a spark from because the most obvious answer is the QB position.

You mean to tell me that it was Bo behind the Lee playing over Green and not Watson. Interesting. <_< Does this change anyones views of Watson or Bo? :dunno

Why would someone wondering out loud about something change our opinions of Bo and/or Watson?

If Watson is pulling for Green than I'm behind him. It's really pissing me off more and more that Bo keeps insisting that Green's not ready. New flash Bo: Neither is Lee!

So why exactly would you start Cody Green over Zac Lee if neither of them are ready...

He's a better runner? Well, he's definitely a worse passer. If they are both unable to be good quarterbacks at this level, then it is a toss up and I will let the coaches decide which one of the not-ready quarterbacks should play.

Who's old enough to remeber the qb controversy 10 years ago? Regardless of what anybody says, it splits the team.

I have no idea who is the better qb, but I do believe by the way the offense is performing that the majority of the players are behind Green.

Just like when Eric Crouch was the clear cut leader the offense performed much better and with spark when he was in compared to when Newcombe was taking the snaps

I was always under the impression that Lee was Bo's guys and that watson was open to Green. By the way Bo talked about him, he has praised him alot, while defending questions about his ability. I assumed all along Bo wants Lee to play.

I'm sorry to do this, but --

Did you sprain your arm? Or back? :box

It's all in fun huskerfan#.