I like Lee AND Green

NU has had QB controversy in the past, Frazier / Berringer is one example that peeks thru the fog...

I remember when Matt TURMAN-ATOR had to come in for some games. Was he spectacular? I thought so... Considering what tracks that kid had to fill, I think he was grand! Now, here' we got Zac Lee who knows the offense, but seems to lack some confidence when under pressure. We got an un-tested Green, who likely doesn't 'know' the offense but may have a TON of confidence. I think you divide these two cowboys and let 'em play... Play Green in the 1st quarter, Lee in the 2nd. Is it a gamble, sure... but good LORD who isn't willing to take a gamble at this point? The football Gods are not 'with us' right now. I watched that Iowa State game and I came away from it without ANY bruising on the chest, my couch cushions were virtually undisturbed... BUT, BUT, BUT I did smile and clap my hands every time these NU kids showed their heart. It happened throughout the game. They also showed another 'portion of their anatomy' with the drops and fumbles (oh God, I don't ever want to see those fumbles / drops again. I think I threw up on the 5th, 6th and 8th one, and I'm pretty sure I passed an entire tooth through my urinary tract on one of the fumbles...). ANYway, these last two losses have likely got these young men slinkin' around lower'n whale snot and it is UP TO US as the fans to help them get past this. Yes, the coaches and cadre (you like that: CADRE...?) are paid like royalty to do this, but you know what you've got when you have no FAN-BASE support? You got squat... I hated that Texas Tech game and I hated the Iowa State game, but we gotta stay more supportive. We shall hereinafter be referred to as: The BIG RED ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS! Well, OK, just fans... Go BIGGER Red!!!

What QB controversy was there ever with Frazier and Berringer? Berringer knew his place. He knew he was forever a second stringer as long as Frazier was healthy. I think TO made that more than clear with his decision prior to the Orange Bowl of the 94' season. The last QB controversy I remember was Crouch and Newcombe during the 98' season. Crouch won the starting job, but it was a result of an injury to Newcombe.

What QB controversy was there ever with Frazier and Berringer? Berringer knew his place. He knew he was forever a second stringer as long as Frazier was healthy. I think TO made that more than clear with his decision prior to the Orange Bowl of the 94' season. The last QB controversy I remember was Crouch and Newcombe during the 98' season. Crouch won the starting job, but it was a result of an injury to Newcombe.

I recall there being quite a bit of 'talk' prior to that Orange Bowl about who was better, who was stronger, who was healthier, who had the banged up leg, who had the popped lung, what if either were injured again during the game. Heck, even the announcers during the game mentioned something when Frazier came in to play as I recall... But you're probably right, not so much 'controversy' but more of 'who is better', 'who has a better chance of winning'... So, maybe not 'controversy' but more like we're having now.

The announcers had their heads up their butt. TO's motto was that an injury would never take your starting position away from you. Frazier was healthy for the game. I think everyone from Nebraska knew exactly who the starter was going to be long before kickoff. After Frazier showed some rust especially with that untimely INT, TO stuck Berringer in the game. Berringer played pretty well driving us down into the redzone before throwing an INT himself. Berringer never thought he was going to start that game. Heading into the 95' season, there was never a thought of Berringer being the starter.

The announcers had their heads up their butt. TO's motto was that an injury would never take your starting position away from you. Frazier was healthy for the game. I think everyone from Nebraska knew exactly who the starter was going to be long before kickoff. After Frazier showed some rust especially with that untimely INT, TO stuck Berringer in the game. Berringer played pretty well driving us down into the redzone before throwing an INT himself. Berringer never thought he was going to start that game. Heading into the 95' season, there was never a thought of Berringer being the starter.

Yeah, OK, I see... we're talking about two different issues here... I didn't mean there was controversy about who would start for the 95 season, I meant there was split talk about who was healthier / better throughout '94

and when Frazier would return, etc., etc., etc... but I am confused by your statement about an injury NEVER taking a starting position. I mean, really? Wasn't Frazier's 'starts' kind of taken from HIM (blood clot-out), Berringer's 'starts' taken from him (popped lung-out)? I'm referring to 'starts' as who STARTS the game, not the season... Jesus, none of this matters I guess.

TO's motto was that if you were injured and couldn't play, obviously the second stringer would come in and play for you. However, once you were healthy enough to play again your starting position was yours again. Frazier was cleared by the doctors to play long before kickoff. Therefore, there was no reason to believe that he wouldn't be the starter for the game.