Sad news for the VT Corps of Cadets

permafour

I saw this on the subscriber board over at TechSideline, and I wanted to share with our Husker friends ...

http://web.me.com/rock.roszak/Virginia_Tec...ss_of_2001.html

In Memoriam -- Captain David Seth Mitchell, Class of 2001

The Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets is profoundly saddened by the loss of Marine Captain David Seth Mitchell, Class of 2001. Captain Mitchell died on October 26th while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. He is the fourth member of the Cadet Class of 2001 we have lost since graduation.

Captain Mitchell began his time at Virginia Tech in Echo Company, rising to become the Executive Officer to Golf Company during his senior year. He was a member of the German Club and was the male member-at-large to the 2001 Ring Design Committee.

The regiment conducted a moment of silence for Captain Mitchell at our Tuesday morning formation. Later that day, the Marine Raiders Company conducted an Honor Detail to place a memorial wreath at the Cenotaph on the Virginia Tech War Memorial in Captain Mitchell’s honor (photos below).

A Pylon Dedication Ceremony is tentatively scheduled for April 9th of next year.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Captain Mitchell’s family.

Ut Prosim.

I saw this on the subscriber board over at TechSideline, and I wanted to share with our Husker friends ...

http://web.me.com/rock.roszak/Virginia_Tec...ss_of_2001.html

In Memoriam -- Captain David Seth Mitchell, Class of 2001

The Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets is profoundly saddened by the loss of Marine Captain David Seth Mitchell, Class of 2001. Captain Mitchell died on October 26th while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. He is the fourth member of the Cadet Class of 2001 we have lost since graduation.

Captain Mitchell began his time at Virginia Tech in Echo Company, rising to become the Executive Officer to Golf Company during his senior year. He was a member of the German Club and was the male member-at-large to the 2001 Ring Design Committee.

The regiment conducted a moment of silence for Captain Mitchell at our Tuesday morning formation. Later that day, the Marine Raiders Company conducted an Honor Detail to place a memorial wreath at the Cenotaph on the Virginia Tech War Memorial in Captain Mitchell’s honor (photos below).

A Pylon Dedication Ceremony is tentatively scheduled for April 9th of next year.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Captain Mitchell’s family.

Ut Prosim.

My sincerest condolences go out to Captain Mitchells friends and family. May Captain Mitchell find peace with God watching over him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Truly sad to hear of another soldier not being able to come home...truly.