Why ESPN Hates the Huskers

typ3kal

OK, so if it's so obvious.... why bring up a clip from two years ago?

I guess I'm not getting the joke....?

It was a humorous clip that I hadn't seen posted on the forums, yes it was from 2 years ago, but it was funny none the less. Maybe you have a different style of humor :dunno but I for one find the guy in the video amusing. "If anything a little underrated..." well how'd that season turn out. The irony is whats humorous in the video. :box

I find it funny that the same folks who repeatedly complain about how ESPN doesn't give our team credit are the folks who complain the loudest about how our team isn't any good...

not referring to anyone in particular on this board, just a general impression I get from the Husker fan community...

When we were ranked #15, I thought we were getting probably more love than we deserved.

Agreed. I was almost embarrassed at how much love they were throwing our way. All through the Missouri game, we're down by 3... then 9.... then 12 points, and they kept talking up the Huskers. Lucky for the announcers we exploded late or they would have had to do some quick backpedaling.

Overall, I can't see how anybody could complain about how Nebraska has been treated by the media and/or the voters this year. They've been WAY more than fair.

As far as the alleged "hate"...I am not sure. I know this is just one guy, but Kirk Herbstreit seems to pick us to win games and is often disagreed with by the panel.

He only picks us to win games because our Head Coach is Bo Pelini. If you listen closely he will "pick" Nebraska but only IF Lee has a huge game, yadayadayada. The rest of them don't have an allegiance and Fowler even went to CU.

i don't think espn hates us but i KNOW kirk herbstreit does.

i know this is a popular sentiment, but i've got to throw a :bs: flag... Huskers were actually kirk's upset 'o the week for VT (and all his best-reasoning behind it). Let's face it, nationally, we've been stepping on our own d_cks for so many years, we don't deserve any love until it's earned (again and again) on the field.

back in the old days (see other thread re: 80's), i used to get so pissed at the 'uppity' programs that got all full of themselves because of one win or season... unfortunately, for far too long, that's now us.

there's much to be earned back, to be at all relevant in national discussions.

:boxosoap