struggling offense

In other words, I think it’s a gross oversimplification to single out Watson’s play-calling for the fact the Huskers are averaging 295.8 yards total and 108.5 yards rushing in Big 12 play. After all, he was the coordinator last season when NU finished 9-4 and averaged 450.8 yards to rank 12th nationally.

I think that's pretty much dead on.

People seem to have just forgotten that our offense last season, while not flawless by any means, was pretty potent. I think Watson is struggling to find something that works with this offense, and when watching them try to execute, I have a hard time putting too much blame on him. He does deserve some of it, as it's his job to find something that works with our current personnel. But to the extent of firing him? No way.

People seem to have just forgotten that our offense last season, while not flawless by any means, was pretty potent. I think Watson is struggling to find something that works with this offense, and when watching them try to execute, I have a hard time putting too much blame on him. He does deserve some of it, as it's his job to find something that works with our current personnel. But to the extent of firing him? No way.

true we had a great qb in ganz who understood the offense pretty well, and two go-to guys in swift and peterson. We are now figuring out how much we miss them.

The problem isn't entirely Watsons play calling, even though it really sucks. The main problem is that the offense that he runs is way too complicated and requires prefect execution to be effective. The only reason we were solid on offense last year is because we had 3 seniors (Ganz, Peterson, Swift) who had been in the system FOREVER. You will rarely have this luxury.

Sooooo....if you keep Watson, you keep his style of offense. If you get rid of Watson, you get rid of his offense AND play calling!

Every week Bo says the running game is not up to par and they are going to work on that. Problem is there isn't a coach on the offensive side of the ball that knows how to fix it. So I imagine we will be subjected to this abortion called Watsons offense for the rest of the season