Cody Green didn't improve the zone read play that much.

What do you think?

They keyed on Cody and the line couldn't open holes. He did do something Lee couldn't the past 2 weeks though, and that's lead the team to victory.

I will have to defer to the "D" leading the team to victory, again they played a good game and kept a crappy offense in check, while in turn they get rewarded with another crappy offense not putting points on the board. I saw no difference in offense between Cody and Zac... When will some of you realize that the offensive line is just flat out horrible and the MAIN reason this offense can not do anything, it has nothing to do what plays are being called, these guys couldn't block a high school JV team. :bang ok I'm done :)

Agreed. If not for the block punt and recovery for a TD. This would have been a closer game, and we may have even lost it. Our defense did a great job by keeping Baylor from scoring any TD's and just allowing them two FG's. It was unfortunate that Cody's pick 6 made the game winnable for Baylor.

Can you imagine if Griffin was in the game!!! :dumdum:dumdum

I saw a better QB with tons more potential out there today than Zac Lee. Just my opinion though. Once Cody has more experience he will begin making bigger and bigger plays for us. I'm confident that the future is bright for us Husker Nation. Patience is a virtue.

patience is a RARE virtue on message boards. and maybe rarer among nu fans in general.

this is only Bo's second year.

let's hope he doesn't take much longer to "restore the order".

heaven forbid he should lose a couple of more games.

I saw a better QB with tons more potential out there today than Zac Lee. Just my opinion though. Once Cody has more experience he will begin making bigger and bigger plays for us. I'm confident that the future is bright for us Husker Nation. Patience is a virtue.

patience is a RARE virtue on message boards. and maybe rarer among nu fans in general.

this is only Bo's second year.

let's hope he doesn't take much longer to "restore the order".

heaven forbid he should lose a couple of more games.

LOL thats' the thing I have to remind myself, we were kind of spoiled in a way with how much of an improvement we had from year 1 and it's only year 2. I think by year 4 or 5 we will be contending for championships.

What do you think?

They keyed on Cody and the line couldn't open holes. He did do something Lee couldn't the past 2 weeks though, and that's lead the team to victory.

I will have to defer to the "D" leading the team to victory, again they played a good game and kept a crappy offense in check, while in turn they get rewarded with another crappy offense not putting points on the board. I saw no difference in offense between Cody and Zac... When will some of you realize that the offensive line is just flat out horrible and the MAIN reason this offense can not do anything, it has nothing to do what plays are being called, these guys couldn't block a high school JV team. :bang ok I'm done :)

Agreed the D led us to victory. But I think you are wrong about the difference in offense between Cody and Zac. Cody made them respect his running game and that is something Zac couldn't do to any of the teams he faced. I still don't like running the zone read when teams have a stacked box. You gotta help the OLine with a few more big blockers...blocking with 3 WR's just seems stupid to me. Watch teams like TTech or Cincinnati run the zone read...they are successful with it because the defense fears the passing game. Our passing game doesn't scare the high school JV team. Our line has average talent I agree. But the guys that get the tackles on the zone read plays are the LB's, safeties, and CB's the majority of the time because we don't have enough guys up there to block all of them. That's how I see it...so I have to say it is the plays being called, because we don't have the right personnel sets and we don't have the talented players to run this offense. Our line needs a mental change to go out and blow someone off the line. I think it would help them if we had different blocking schemes and a smashmouth mentality that they could get behind to get their mean streak back.

See what you are saying bout the QB play, but if this was the chance for someone to break open and get the offense going, it was this week. Baylor's D played well enough to keep our offense as a whole looking bad. I was encouraged about the play of Green, he does know when to take off when the pocket collapses, but there is still so much work to be done with everyone.

No doubt they all have a long, long ways to go on offense...it is a shame with the defense we have had though. Green needs a ton of work too...I don't think Baylor respected him much passing the ball and with good reason. I just see way more upside to Green than Lee I guess. I miss our old OLines though...gotta wonder is that coaching, talent, or schemes. Could be all of it lol...heck they just have problems.

What do you think?

That's funny... He's a true freshman QB making his first start. They didnt "key" on him, dawg. Maybe in your fantasy world.

Green played average today, but did throw a pick-six that got Baylor right back into the game.

There was no leading on offense, unless 13 points against Baylor is leading an offense. Wow..

What do you think?

That's funny... He's a true freshman QB making his first start. They didnt "key" on him, dawg. Maybe in your fantasy world.

Green played average today, but did throw a pick-six that got Baylor right back into the game.

There was no leading on offense, unless 13 points against Baylor is leading an offense. Wow..

Cody's first 3 drives as a starter produced points. Then they obviously sucked it up after that. Go back and watch the game again and tell me that after the 1st quarter they didn't commit someone to Cody when we ran the zone read.

I am probably drinking :koolaid2:, but IMO if Lee started today we would have lost. The team has no confidence in him, and he's lost confidence in himself, just my .02.

What do you think?

Green played average today. And we won...somehow.

Yet, I don't see what your argument is....? Are you OBVIOUSLY calling-out Watson's play calling? Is Lee's talent somehow going unnoticed, or unappreciated?

I guess if you're calling out Watson, my points are moot (because I agree with you, if that's the case)....but if you're not - you got allotta 'splainin' to do!

I think that Green should play the rest of the season. Period. His redshirt season is gone, and he has proven that he can, at least, perform as well as Lee (which apparently means a touchdown/game).

Green provided a spark, and that spark resulted in 20 points in the first half. I think that had Lee been in there, we would've scored a touchdown. It would've been 7-0.

300+ plays in the playbook...8 executed on the field - that's my new signature!

What do you think?

Cody's first 3 drives as a starter produced points. Then they obviously sucked it up after that. Go back and watch the game again and tell me that after the 1st quarter they didn't commit someone to Cody when we ran the zone read.

I am probably drinking :koolaid2:, but IMO if Lee started today we would have lost. The team has no confidence in him, and he's lost confidence in himself, just my .02.

The first few series looked good, I liked it a lot. Somehow things on offense just never matured after that. Its whack.

What do you think?

Green played average today. And we won...somehow.

Yet, I don't see what your argument is....? Are you OBVIOUSLY calling-out Watson's play calling? Is Lee's talent somehow going unnoticed, or unappreciated?

I guess if you're calling out Watson, my points are moot (because I agree with you, if that's the case)....but if you're not - you got allotta 'splainin' to do!

I think that Green should play the rest of the season. Period. His redshirt season is gone, and he has proven that he can, at least, perform as well as Lee (which apparently means a touchdown/game).

Green provided a spark, and that spark resulted in 20 points in the first half. I think that had Lee been in there, we would've scored a touchdown. It would've been 7-0.

300+ plays in the playbook...8 executed on the field - that's my new signature!

I agree with the bold. I'm just not providing freebie excuses or putting him in the College Football Hall of Fame just yet.

I want to believe we are on course with this dude. Just no gimmies, no what I mean?

It'll all be good.

When will some of you realize that the offensive line is just flat out horrible and the MAIN reason this offense can not do anything, it has nothing to do what plays are being called, these guys couldn't block a high school JV team.

Sums it up in a nutshell right there. I do think that Cody can mitigate a bad OL to some degree with his running ability. If he can use his head and learn to hit the occasional open guy we'll be okay against everybody but OU despite the line.