Cody Green didn't improve the zone read play that much.

What do you think?

Disagree, after Green's big gains in the 1st half from his feet they committed to stopping Green on a lot of plays. This opened up the receivers more, the only problem is Green was inaccurate on a few passes and our receivers continue to not show up. However, what would have made the zone read more effective today would be to use our damn Tight Ends. What a waste of a season for McNeil, the guy is an all star but we never use him. There were multiple times when we ran the zone read and McNeil was open in the middle where they had a gaping hole.

Shawn Watson for Home Depot coach of the year! :yeah

What do you think?

They keyed on Cody and the line couldn't open holes. He did do something Lee couldn't the past 2 weeks though, and that's lead the team to victory.

I will have to defer to the "D" leading the team to victory, again they played a good game and kept a crappy offense in check, while in turn they get rewarded with another crappy offense not putting points on the board. I saw no difference in offense between Cody and Zac... When will some of you realize that the offensive line is just flat out horrible and the MAIN reason this offense can not do anything, it has nothing to do what plays are being called, these guys couldn't block a high school JV team. :bang ok I'm done :)

What do you think?

They keyed on Cody and the line couldn't open holes. He did do something Lee couldn't the past 2 weeks though, and that's lead the team to victory.

I will have to defer to the "D" leading the team to victory, again they played a good game and kept a crappy offense in check, while in turn they get rewarded with another crappy offense not putting points on the board. I saw no difference in offense between Cody and Zac... When will some of you realize that the offensive line is just flat out horrible and the MAIN reason this offense can not do anything, it has nothing to do what plays are being called, these guys couldn't block a high school JV team. :bang ok I'm done :)

I'm not sure they could block the School of the Blind JV Team.

He never got lose and ran free, but our line play was terrible and Green averaged over 5 a carry. We added that dimension and lost nothing throwing the ball so I see the QB move as nothing but positive.

Just to put it in perspective Lee averaged less than 1 yard a carry against Iowa St. If Green keeps showing teams he's a threat then they have to respect him in the zone read that much more which opens things up for both him and the RB.

What do you think?

Agreed the D led us to victory. But I think you are wrong about the difference in offense between Cody and Zac. Cody made them respect his running game and that is something Zac couldn't do to any of the teams he faced. I still don't like running the zone read when teams have a stacked box. You gotta help the OLine with a few more big blockers...blocking with 3 WR's just seems stupid to me. Watch teams like TTech or Cincinnati run the zone read...they are successful with it because the defense fears the passing game. Our passing game doesn't scare the high school JV team. Our line has average talent I agree. But the guys that get the tackles on the zone read plays are the LB's, safeties, and CB's the majority of the time because we don't have enough guys up there to block all of them. That's how I see it...so I have to say it is the plays being called, because we don't have the right personnel sets and we don't have the talented players to run this offense. Our line needs a mental change to go out and blow someone off the line. I think it would help them if we had different blocking schemes and a smashmouth mentality that they could get behind to get their mean streak back.

He never got lose and ran free, but our line play was terrible and Green averaged over 5 a carry. We added that dimension and lost nothing throwing the ball so I see the QB move as nothing but positive.

Just to put it in perspective Lee averaged less than 1 yard a carry against Iowa St. If Green keeps showing teams he's a threat then they have to respect him in the zone read that much more which opens things up for both him and the RB.

Imagine if the offensive line did their job and blocked what he could do.

What do you think?

Agreed the D led us to victory. But I think you are wrong about the difference in offense between Cody and Zac. Cody made them respect his running game and that is something Zac couldn't do to any of the teams he faced. I still don't like running the zone read when teams have a stacked box. You gotta help the OLine with a few more big blockers...blocking with 3 WR's just seems stupid to me. Watch teams like TTech or Cincinnati run the zone read...they are successful with it because the defense fears the passing game. Our passing game doesn't scare the high school JV team. Our line has average talent I agree. But the guys that get the tackles on the zone read plays are the LB's, safeties, and CB's the majority of the time because we don't have enough guys up there to block all of them. That's how I see it...so I have to say it is the plays being called, because we don't have the right personnel sets and we don't have the talented players to run this offense. Our line needs a mental change to go out and blow someone off the line. I think it would help them if we had different blocking schemes and a smashmouth mentality that they could get behind to get their mean streak back.

See what you are saying bout the QB play, but if this was the chance for someone to break open and get the offense going, it was this week. Baylor's D played well enough to keep our offense as a whole looking bad. I was encouraged about the play of Green, he does know when to take off when the pocket collapses, but there is still so much work to be done with everyone.

What do you think?

Agreed. If not for the block punt and recovery for a TD. This would have been a closer game, and we may have even lost it. Our defense did a great job by keeping Baylor from scoring any TD's and just allowing them two FG's. It was unfortunate that Cody's pick 6 made the game winnable for Baylor.