Is our Offense Predictable?

Yes I believe it is predictable but that isn't the point, the point is that we don't execute the way we should. We should be able to tell the defense what we're doing and do it and not let them stop us. Like we used to. Bo understands this, and that is why he is so adamant that we EXECUTE. We have yet to do that on a consistent basis this year.

Yes I believe it is predictable but that isn't the point, the point is that we don't execute the way we should. We should be able to tell the defense what we're doing and do it and not let them stop us. Like we used to. Bo understands this, and that is why he is so adamant that we EXECUTE. We have yet to do that on a consistent basis this year.

The myth of the 90's, defenses really had no clue wtf was about to hit them, that scheme was more multiple than anything Watson could draw up. That offense was a threat up the middle, to each sideline, and down the field with play action.

In Watson's defense, it took many years for the NU offense to get to where we were in the 90's. I doubt we ever even get close to that level on offense again.

The myth of the 90's, defenses really had no clue wtf was about to hit them, that scheme was more multiple than anything Watson could draw up. That offense was a threat up the middle, to each sideline, and down the field with play action.

In Watson's defense, it took many years for the NU offense to get to where we were in the 90's. I doubt we ever even get close to that level on offense again.

I'm not just talking about the 90's I'm just talking about how our offense executed in the past before we changed our scheme. IMO it's all about executing and dominating your opponent. Just listen to Bo when he talks about it, he's very adamant about it and he's right. That's exactly what the offense is missing.

When the QB audibles in a single back set and the IB moves up two steps, it's a pass. I haven't noticed this with other teams. Obviously the IB is moving up to be in better pass block position, but it's hard to believe we could make it so obvious for the other team. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

It was VERY multiple....but it wasn't impossible to learn. You didn't have to be in the system for 3-4-5 years before you could execute it.

When the QB audibles in a single back set and the IB moves up two steps, it's a pass. I haven't noticed this with other teams. Obviously the IB is moving up to be in better pass block position, but it's hard to believe we could make it so obvious for the other team. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Yeah, I have a huge problem with it. I've noticed as well how predictable our offense is and how predictable our audibles are. If we are noticing this as fans the defensive coordinator is definately noticing this on the opposing team. Wait until OU picks up on this, they'll be foaming at the mouth. :hmmph