Suh- what is appropriate?

treeeman

He should be put on team probation IMO, and he should practice without his blackshirt for the rest of the year.

For swerving to miss a dog? Are you kidding me? Please tell me WHY in gods name he would go on probation?

This is the most irrational comment I have heard in a while... and saying that on THIS board, is pretty impressive.

He should be put on team probation IMO, and he should practice without his blackshirt for the rest of the year.

For swerving to miss a dog? Are you kidding me? Please tell me WHY in gods name he would go on probation?

This is the most irrational comment I have heard in a while... and saying that on THIS board, is pretty impressive.

:yeah When did we start punishing players for getting into car accidents?

Not legal probation, just with the team, like a warning system. Just let him know he was lucky to get away with this, but that this kind of behavior is not acceptable for a team leader, or any team member.

:yeah When did we start punishing players for getting into car accidents?

When they are driving at 2:30 in the morning after having been out drinking? Is that really the message you want to send the team? Suh may not have got a DUI, but he obviously had been drinking. To go completely unpunished would be a mistake IMO.

Not legal probation, just with the team, like a warning system. Just let him know he was lucky to get away with this, but that this kind of behavior is not acceptable for a team leader, or any team member.

What is "this kind of behavior." there is a team policy for not having an impeccable driving record? what next, punishing players for returning movies late?

What is "this kind of behavior." there is a team policy for impeccable driving? what next, punishing players for returning movies late?

Hitting 3 parked cars, at 2:30 in the morning after havng been out drinking the night after a game kind of behaviour.

What is "this kind of behavior." there is a team policy for impeccable driving? what next, punishing players for returning movies late?

Lol, agreed

Hitting 3 parked cars, at 2:30 in the morning after havng been out drinking the night after a game kind of behaviour.

He is a college kid. He does not have a bed time and at 22 years old, American society has decided it is ok to drink. The car accident was unfortunate, but it is not a character issue. I guess when you become a NCAA football player you have to give up your social life and life and stay home except for football practice and games.

I'm sorry, but when our best player is fodder across the country for being caught hitting 3 parked cars after being out drinking, it is an issue. Maybe not enough to merit a suspension, but that parked car could have just as easily been another car with people inside, or a group of college kids standing along side the road.

He is a college kid. He does not have a bed time and at 22 years old, American society has decided it is ok to drink. The car accident was unfortunate, but it is not a character issue. I guess when you become a NCAA football player you have to give up your social life and life and stay home except for football practice and games.

From back in 2008

http://www.ketv.com/bigredzone/15566877/detail.html

Pelini said. "I talked with the entire team last night and clearly explained to them that from this point forward, we will have a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol and social responsibility. Our players understand the intent of this rule and what we are trying to accomplish. Therefore, any violation will be handled individually as it pertains to the specific circumstance.

"Our players also understand that certain establishments are off limits, and that the policy also pertains to their behavior in other social settings. I made it clear to them that our policy will be strictly enforced.

"Coach Osborne, myself, and our staff are all in agreement that the culture of this program will be one centered on respect, integrity and discipline. We all agree that culture must extend well beyond the football field."

I'm sorry, but when our best player is fodder across the country for being caught hitting 3 parked cars after being out drinking, it is an issue. Maybe not enough to merit a suspension, but that parked car could have just as easily been another car with people inside, or a group of college kids standing along side the road.

Anything a top player does is big news. And I do not want to argue with what if's or could haves. Sir, I do not agree with what you are saying, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

Many of us were born at night, just not last night. It's great that whatever happened, Suh seems to have avoided hurting himself or anyone else and escaped by either innocence on a breathalyzer or being given a break a very serious arrest record.

On the other hand anytime a young man is coming back from a bar and hits 3 cars, color me a little bit suspicous of the cold stone sober claims. How many in your life's experience on a residential street has run into cars on both sides of the street and not been plastered?

Whatever happened I trust Bo is not happy about the kid out drinking and driving around at 2:30 am. Can alibi all we want, but I think most know that there was likely more to the story than being published. My guess is that he is very lucky the team didn't spend the night in Texas if he had the same accident. :)

Alls well that ends well. Hope he takes whatever Bo hands out and rededicates himself to football and leaves the bars alone.

How many in your life's experience on a residential street has run into cars on both sides of the street and not been plastered?

It's a lot easier than you think. You don't have to overcorrect that much for it to happen on that narrow street. There's really only one lane if that gives you a perspective of it.

From back in 2008

http://www.ketv.com/bigredzone/15566877/detail.html

Pelini said. "I talked with the entire team last night and clearly explained to them that from this point forward, we will have a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol and social responsibility. Our players understand the intent of this rule and what we are trying to accomplish. Therefore, any violation will be handled individually as it pertains to the specific circumstance.

"Our players also understand that certain establishments are off limits, and that the policy also pertains to their behavior in other social settings. I made it clear to them that our policy will be strictly enforced.

"Coach Osborne, myself, and our staff are all in agreement that the culture of this program will be one centered on respect, integrity and discipline. We all agree that culture must extend well beyond the football field."

I don't know what the penalty if any Bo would dish out here....but he does have a zero tolerance policy so it would be inconsistent not to hand out a punishment.