Nebraska is Number 9

I agree with everything said by clone. Iowa has taken care of business up to this point. And man did this thread get hijacked...

I think Iowa's season is directly related to Nebraska being Number 9, and you cannot discuss one without the other.

Some of us can. :nutz

Vince, correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will, but you were the first to bring up Iowa. Nebraska's season is disappointing, but there is still hope. I think next year can easily be our breakthrough season. If we get our offense and defense to play at the same level during the season, we will be a top 3 team in the Big XII.

I fear this time next year we'll be having this same conversation.

Maybe....but we shouldn't be. NU should be back to NU-like Football by next year. If not - something is seriously wrong.

I dont see how our Offense can improve that much in such a short amount of time. I think we are still a few years away from being BCS bowl team

Let's hope you are wrong.

well right now that only positions on O I would consider average for a top15 or so school is RB and TE. I think the QB can improve to that level(though I am not sold on cody green, mainly because I havent seen him enough) wr and line are not even close right now IMO. sure its possible to be a great team with a mediocre offense, but you have to have an elite defense, which I just dont see us have(although it should be very very good)

I see your point about the TE. However, the TE is non-existent this year. Will it be just as transparent next year as it is this year? McNeil produced really well last year. Why not this year? Since not this year will the trend continue in years to come?

I agree with everything said by clone. Iowa has taken care of business up to this point. And man did this thread get hijacked...

I think Iowa's season is directly related to Nebraska being Number 9, and you cannot discuss one without the other.

Vince, correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will, but you were the first to bring up Iowa. Nebraska's season is disappointing, but there is still hope. I think next year can easily be our breakthrough season. If we get our offense and defense to play at the same level during the season, we will be a top 3 team in the Big XII.

Maybe....but we shouldn't be. NU should be back to NU-like Football by next year. If not - something is seriously wrong.

I dont see how our Offense can improve that much in such a short amount of time. I think we are still a few years away from being BCS bowl team

well right now that only positions on O I would consider average for a top15 or so school is RB and TE. I think the QB can improve to that level(though I am not sold on cody green, mainly because I havent seen him enough) wr and line are not even close right now IMO. sure its possible to be a great team with a mediocre offense, but you have to have an elite defense, which I just dont see us have(although it should be very very good)

I see your point about the TE. However, the TE is non-existent this year. Will it be just as transparent next year as it is this year? McNeil produced really well last year. Why not this year? Since not this year will the trend continue in years to come?

imo thats all on the QB

imo thats all on the QB

Both of them? No way.

It's taken 4 years of Watson to get to this point. <_<

Anyway how does a thread about NU being a dissapointment (which the offense clearly is.) become a discussion about Iowa. Maybe there is some truth that Nebraska fans are Jealous of Iowa. :snacks:

It's taken 4 years of Watson to get to this point. <_<

Anyway how does a thread about NU being a dissapointment (which the offense clearly is.) become a discussion about Iowa. Maybe there is some truth that Nebraska fans are Jealous of Iowa. :snacks:

Iowa loss, does that mean end of discussion?