Nebraska is Number 9

I don't think Nebraska is a disappointment... they can still win the North, and if they do, how are they a disappointment? Were people expecting a Big 12 title with Texas and OK on the other side? I think people were expecting a North title this year so they still have a chance to fulfill expectations.

I was predicting a better team..

Maybe not a better record..I'm not sure we were as good as our record appeared last season..Our Defense is a little better than I'd hoped..which is nice..But the Offense took more than a step back..(And I wasn't that impressed with our Offense before..(last decade or so)).

As the season got underway, my overall expectations began to change...Not so much due to our performance..but how bad the other teams in our conference were playing..And VaTech's big win at Miami.

Winning the North hasn't seemed much of an acomplishment for over a decade..But Texas and Oklahoma have both looked beatable this year, so I was beginning to think BCS Bowl.. <_<

And just making it to a Bowl should never be one of our goals.

I don't think Nebraska is a disappointment... they can still win the North, and if they do, how are they a disappointment? Were people expecting a Big 12 title with Texas and OK on the other side? I think people were expecting a North title this year so they still have a chance to fulfill expectations.

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB, and the o-line can't open consistant holes through news paper.

A team that should be, at worst, 7 -1 but is 5-3 with one of those loses being to ISU at home, is a disappointment. If they lose anymore games this year, with the exception of this Saturday, they will have moved from disappointment to joke.

A college football team consisting of 18-22 year olds putting every ounce of effort into playing football and sometimes trying too hard is never a joke, at least not to me. is 5-3 at this point a disappointment... definately, but not a joke.

When two of those are loses are to teams NU should have won and won BIG, that 5 - 3 becomes a joke. When both of those loses were at home. It becomes more than a joke.

i thought you said they weren't a joke yet... <_<

I corrected myself. After reevaluating how bad ISU is, and losing to them at home, put NU in the joke catagory.

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB, and the o-line can't open consistant holes through news paper.

A team that should be, at worst, 7 -1 but is 5-3 with one of those loses being to ISU at home, is a disappointment. If they lose anymore games this year, with the exception of this Saturday, they will have moved from disappointment to joke.

A college football team consisting of 18-22 year olds putting every ounce of effort into playing football and sometimes trying too hard is never a joke, at least not to me. is 5-3 at this point a disappointment... definately, but not a joke.

When two of those are loses are to teams NU should have won and won BIG, that 5 - 3 becomes a joke. When both of those loses were at home. It becomes more than a joke.

I corrected myself. After reevaluating how bad ISU is, and losing to them at home, put NU in the joke catagory.

haven't seen too many people laughing, just a bunch shaking their heads :dunno

It's not the wins and losses. ISU is unforgivable, but TTU and Va Tech are good teams. What makes this season so disappointing is our collapse of offense and therefore lack of competitive effort. However, that can change quickly and if we win the North, I will be satisfied with the season for a second year head coach and too many frosh to name. Also, it is hard to watch us waste a Championship caliber defense.

I think it helps to keep in mind how YOUNG we are and how injured we are. Believe me, we would have a pretty potent offense if Helu were healthy and Castille were back, Freshman QB or not. Those two threats combined with Green as a runner, mixing in some throwing plays, we'd burn plenty of clock and wear teams down and let the D do the rest. We've just been unfortunate.

Nobody can say we haven't improved - look at our defense. Hindered by offensive pick 6's and letting the other team run back easy balls and they are still top 10 in total and scoring D. Just look at last year's stats. Our D is awesome and will only get better under Pelini, and it's only a matter of time till the offense gets rolling.

haven't seen too many people laughing, just a bunch shaking their heads :dunno

It not that kind of joke. The shaking of heads at this team is the proper reaction. :confucius

The question is...if we rebound and win 3 of the last 4 and put up a fight in the big 12 title game win or lose....is the season still a disappointment? Because if not then we should wait until there is no way to make things right before we declare disappointment.

no, probably not, although at this point no matter what people will look back to the ia st. and va tech games and say what if? so i guess there will be some disappointment there. However, i think most of us would take 3 out of these last 4, considering that would likley send us to Dallas.

The question is...if we rebound and win 3 of the last 4 and put up a fight in the big 12 title game win or lose....is the season still a disappointment? Because if not then we should wait until there is no way to make things right before we declare disappointment.

if we look like we have improved.... If we back into the B12N title no. I never thought this was a contending team..... I want to win the north and most importantly IMPROVE

I agree with all except, The QB, and the moving to a joke. If we win the north that was the realistic goal this season along with a bowl game and i am confident we will do both.

Sounds like we may have some fairweather fans on this board. Just saying...

I believe the consenses at the end of last year was that NU would most likely be an 8-4 team and north winner(maybe). This is very possible! Like stated earlier we are 2 plays away from being 7-1. Disappointing yes, a joke NO! All of us had High expectations, but the were long shots. Please stop be ing negative.

Please stop being being a sunshine pumper and start being a realist.

REALIST is in the eye of the beholder. as far as i am concerned you are a naysayar and i am a realist as i believe that we will finish the regular season at 8-4.

I wish that ISU game was a joke! Unfortunately it wasn't. We really lost 9-7 at home to a bad team missing it's starting QB and RB. Oh yeah, and we also turned the ball over a school record 8 times. Anyone who doesn't think that makes a punchline for a joke needs to start sharing whatever they're smoking.

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB....

Green isn't going to start? :(

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB....

Green isn't going to start? :(

Yes Green is starting. What didn't you get?

I wish that ISU game was a joke! Unfortunately it wasn't. We really lost 9-7 at home to a bad team missing it's starting QB and RB. Oh yeah, and we also turned the ball over a school record 8 times. Anyone who doesn't think that makes a punchline for a joke needs to start sharing whatever they're smoking.

Yet Iowa's QB threw 5 picks last Saturday against a team much better than ISU, but the Hawkeye's had the will, the mental toughness, and intestinal fortitude to win. Winners always find a way to win. NU of old used to be able to do that.

Oh for the record and to stop potential whining, I am not an Iowa fan.