Help An OU Fan with Seating Questions At Memorial Stadium

I have gone to almost every OU/NU game in Norman since my first in 1985 when I was 8 years old (Go Ketih!) but have only made one trip to Lincoln.

Getting ready to make my second trip to watch the OU/NU game this weekend and have a few questions about seating if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

In 2005 I sat in CLUB 226 and while the seats were great the crowd was ...a little stale (I think we were litteraly the only 2 OU fans in the entire Club as well).

I also felt they were a little too far away from the field. My girlfriend is really pushing to sit there again but I was looking for something in the lower level

Anyways, I have a chance to buy seats in Sec 27 Row 47 and wanted to know

1. do they have chair backs like the Club Seats?

2. how far underneath the upper deck are they, i.e. where is the row break for covered seats

3. At Owen field the seats under the upper deck are highly coveted and provide great views but some stadium like the Cotton Bowl, Ohio Stadium etc they are really terrible, have partial obstructions from either support poles or and the upper deck simply limits your view of scoreboards, punts etc. Would rows in the mid 40s provide a good, clear view of the field

4. I think the answer is no but is there alcohol served anywhere in the Club area?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Actually, I think those will be under the overhang, but not by a lot.

Here's a link to the seating chart. Row 47 is pretty high up there....

Memorial Stadium Seating Chart

yea the seller says they are under the overhang, what I can't figure out is how they are. I look at pictures of the stadium and it looks like those sections have about 60-70 rows, i.e. row 1 were on the field row 47 would not be anywhere close to being covered. I think our stadiums are very similar and at Owen Field Row 47 would be about 15 rows away from being covered

I have gone to almost every OU/NU game in Norman since my first in 1985 when I was 8 years old (Go Ketih!) but have only made one trip to Lincoln.

Getting ready to make my second trip to watch the OU/NU game this weekend and have a few questions about seating if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

In 2005 I sat in CLUB 226 and while the seats were great the crowd was ...a little stale (I think we were litteraly the only 2 OU fans in the entire Club as well).

I also felt they were a little too far away from the field. My girlfriend is really pushing to sit there again but I was looking for something in the lower level

2. how far underneath the upper deck are they, i.e. where is the row break for covered seats

3. At Owen field the seats under the upper deck are highly coveted and provide great views but some stadium like the Cotton Bowl, Ohio Stadium etc they are really terrible, have partial obstructions from either support poles or and the upper deck simply limits your view of scoreboards, punts etc. Would rows in the mid 40s provide a good, clear view of the field

4. I think the answer is no but is there alcohol served anywhere in the Club area?

MemorialStadiumNE_Football_2009-10-19_2009-10-19%201033_tn.gif

great seats snatch them up 40 yard line - 1/2 -3/4 of the way up

I think the real question here is why would you need a chair? Its a football game, not a ballet.

I think the real question here is why would you need a chair? Its a football game, not a ballet.

I hear ya. In 2005 I felt very out of place in the Club Section when I stood and yelled, like I said that may have been because I was the ONLY OU fan in the entire area but probably has to do more with the fact no one stands over there, at least in that game they did not.

So Row 47 is the last row? find that hard to believe by looking at the pictures. how many lettered rows are there along that side? I have seen a few of those as well, my guess is they are pretty bad seats right? (the low row lettered rows)

I hear ya. In 2005 I felt very out of place in the Club Section when I stood and yelled, like I said that may have been because I was the ONLY OU fan in the entire area but probably has to do more with the fact no one stands over there, at least in that game they did not.

So Row 47 is the last row? find that hard to believe by looking at the pictures. If that is the case then those may not be that great then right?

How many lettered rows are there along that side? I have seen a few of those as well, my guess is they are pretty bad seats right? (the low row lettered rows)

So Row 47 is the last row? Man, I find that so hard to believe by looking at the pictures. If that is the case then those may not be that great then right?

How many lettered rows are there along that side? I have seen a few of those as well, my guess is they are pretty bad seats right? (the low row lettered rows)

I have been in the west stadium numerous times, and trust me row 47 is the last row with an obstructed view. If you dont believe me, go to huskers.com ticket page and under football it even says "rows above 40 in east and west stadiums will have an obstructed view". http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/S...r=&appCode=

Ok thats the info I was looking for. So, what is the consensus then on the better seat? Club Level 224-228 or Sections 25-27 or 5-7 with rows between say 20 and 40?

Obviously don't go to many games and will be willing to pay a premium to get good seats.

I would rather be in rows in the mid 30s in either west or east stadiums. As you stated eariler the club level you may feel a little bit out of place, though seats in sections 25-27 or 5-7 will be a lot blue hairs. But in all honesty any seat inside Memorial is amazing, execpt for the obstrcted view seats.