OK, Let The Lee Bashing Begin

sarge87

At this point, I am convinced it doesn't really matter who the QB is. Both of them are not good. Just hand it off to Helu and let our D play. I like our chances more against Kansas, Kansas State, and Colorado with the Helu we saw last night. They will still be tough games to win though.

Looking forward to watching them!

At this point, I am convinced it doesn't really matter who the QB is. Both of them are not good. Just hand it off to Helu and let our D play. I like our chances more against Kansas, Kansas State, and Colorado with the Helu we saw last night. They will still be tough games to win though.

Looking forward to watching them!

Yup, I love it. Let's rock the ball control offense, tenacious defense, and an awesome kicking game. Play to your strengths.

Anyone that is bashing Lee obviously didn't see that Green did absolutely nothing last night. Bo did...and Bo did what was probably the right thing at the time. So, your saying Bo was wrong?

We played both guys, converted 1 or 14 on 3rd down conversions....stellar numbers no matter who is playing. The problem is not at QB.

However to some people, Green's lack of anything good is all Lee's fault.

No Lee just isn't a D-I qb.. sorry but the guys just doesn't have it

kinda weird this was his only D-I scholarship offer

Maybe. But compared to Green he's John Elway in his prime.

Haha.. wow vince.. ur posts get more comical with each one

I just don't see how your so high on Lee... I'm stuck down here in OU land and watch quite a bit of football with OU and Texas fans who simply just laugh at his timidness/inability in the pocket.. its clearly obvious if you are not blinded by the apparent bromance you have for him

Okay, I went back and read all of the posts on this thread and only a few of you mentioned how good Oklahoma's defense is. Look, we have struggled on offense since we got out of Sun Belt League play, so we are not good on offense (we all know that), but this was FREAKIN OKLAHOMA!!! Their defense is good.

The problem at QB is this: Lee has more experience but less talent. Green has a lot more zip on his passes, and is a bit more mobile. He may not as fast as some of the QB's we've had in the past, but his athleticism will be a plus if we can get the o-line issues worked out.

The issue with Lee is that he takes too long to make decisions and when he does finally make up his mind what he will do, his accuracy is inconsistent. So often on plays that might go for positive yards Lee puts the ball on the wrong shoulder, or makes the receiver turn around and break stride to catch it. If you throw a swing pass everything in the play is timing. The downfield blocking, the receiver's ability head up field at full speed and to get a one-on-one match-up with a defender is crucial to setting up 2nd and short plays that can keep a drive going. How many times do we run a swing or screen and the pass is too late or behind the receiver, and the play goes for no gain or negative yards? I don't know why Lee seems to have so many problems with those short, high percentage pass plays, but he does. In this type of offense, those plays should be the same as run plays, and should set up the inside run. But when you are constantly in 2nd and 9, or 3rd and 8, you limit the plays you can call. A good defense like Oklahoma will eat you up in those type of situations.

We can't keep starting a guy who can only manage about 2-3 accurate passes a game. Last night, one of his accurate passes was the one yard TD and it worked out for us, but if we can run the table in the Big XII North, we will have to face Texas (most likely) in the Big XII title game, and a tough bowl opponent. We need to have a solid O-line and an accurate passer to run the offense. I say, keep starting Green and give him the majority of snaps with the starting unit in practice. Let him get in rhythm. Let him really learn how to run with the number ones.

Oh, and by-the-way :espnsucks:

until our o-line gets fixed it doesn't matter who plays qb. Lee is no Heisman candidate but Green really looks like he only knows 20 plays.

at least Lee won't do anything stupid.

OU stuck with the freshman qb, how many picks did he throw?

i think Stoops stuck with him because they really didn't have any other options.

that being said, lee did a good job in not giving the game away. that's hardly a compliment, but give how this offense has been this year, it's about as good as it's gonna get.

I still say we lure Houston's OC to NU that guy can put points on anybody

Okay, I went back and read all of the posts on this thread and only a few of you mentioned how good Oklahoma's defense is. Look, we have struggled on offense since we got out of Sun Belt League play, so we are not good on offense (we all know that), but this was FREAKIN OKLAHOMA!!! Their defense is good.

The problem at QB is this: Lee has more experience but less talent. Green has a lot more zip on his passes, and is a bit more mobile. He may not as fast as some of the QB's we've had in the past, but his athleticism will be a plus if we can get the o-line issues worked out.

The issue with Lee is that he takes too long to make decisions and when he does finally make up his mind what he will do, his accuracy is inconsistent. So often on plays that might go for positive yards Lee puts the ball on the wrong shoulder, or makes the receiver turn around and break stride to catch it. If you throw a swing pass everything in the play is timing. The downfield blocking, the receiver's ability head up field at full speed and to get a one-on-one match-up with a defender is crucial to setting up 2nd and short plays that can keep a drive going. How many times do we run a swing or screen and the pass is too late or behind the receiver, and the play goes for no gain or negative yards? I don't know why Lee seems to have so many problems with those short, high percentage pass plays, but he does. In this type of offense, those plays should be the same as run plays, and should set up the inside run. But when you are constantly in 2nd and 9, or 3rd and 8, you limit the plays you can call. A good defense like Oklahoma will eat you up in those type of situations.

We can't keep starting a guy who can only manage about 2-3 accurate passes a game. Last night, one of his accurate passes was the one yard TD and it worked out for us, but if we can run the table in the Big XII North, we will have to face Texas (most likely) in the Big XII title game, and a tough bowl opponent. We need to have a solid O-line and an accurate passer to run the offense. I say, keep starting Green and give him the majority of snaps with the starting unit in practice. Let him get in rhythm. Let him really learn how to run with the number ones.

Completely agree with everything in this post... Also, we had way to many false starts and penalties early in the game that put us in terrible situations that also limited the play calling

Completely agree with everything in this post... Also, we had way to many false starts and penalties early in the game that put us in terrible situations that also limited the play calling

My post was getting long so I didn't want to mention it, but you are right, the penalties are killing us.

And by-the-way :espnsucks:

The main point that needs to be made is that Lee was brought in last game because he's a more proficient passer, yet he only threw the ball 9 times. If we're going to run the ball that much (which i absolutely have no problem with) I would rather have a qb back there who runs with a purpose. Lee just doesn't look like he wants to run the ball, that option fumble was a prime example. Lee didn't do anything to make it seem like he'd take the ball upfield and helu would have gotten creamed anyway if he caught it.

Keep Green on the field and let him be a contributing factor to the running game. I can't watch anymore zone reads with Lee diving under a tackle for a half yard gain instead of trying to make a play with his feet.

The main point that needs to be made is that Lee was brought in last game because he's a more proficient passer, yet he only threw the ball 9 times. If we're going to run the ball that much (which i absolutely have no problem with) I would rather have a qb back there who runs with a purpose. Lee just doesn't look like he wants to run the ball, that option fumble was a prime example. Lee didn't do anything to make it seem like he'd take the ball upfield and helu would have gotten creamed anyway if he caught it.

Keep Green on the field and let him be a contributing factor to the running game. I can't watch anymore zone reads with Lee diving under a tackle for a half yard gain instead of trying to make a play with his feet.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

Green was/is sick. He was not at 100% because of the flu. That's a rumor I heard, but from a source I trust. I won't go into it more than that.

I would not be surprised to see Green start against Kansas.

Actualy with that game plan, Washington was probably better suited for what they ran. Like someone stated before Green is slow to start off running the option because of his long strides why washington would have the slight burst to get to the hole. Lee should just stop trying to run it.

The only problem I really have with Lee was the third down and long and you could already tell he was looking for a nice soft spot on the turf to curl up before the ball was hiked.

For the person that claimed this was the game plan and you play to win the game. :wtf

Thats playing to not lose. What Oklahoma was doing was trying to win the game and they were not afraid to have their freshman QB throw the ball downfield time after time even after all those picks.

I didnt get putting Lee in as soon as they did. Sure, Green was struggling, but he wasn't making any horrible mistakes. I really didnt get pulling him when we were at the 1-yard line because to me, that was a situation where we could have boosted Cody's confidence alot with a easy score. I am hoping we see Cody next week.

Really? The game winning TD vs freakin' Oklahoma and you wished we'd have given Cody a confidence booster? What if we don't score there? There's no easy score against that defense. Pelini and Watson made a call, and it worked.

Anyone that is bashing Lee obviously didn't see that Green did absolutely nothing last night. Bo did...and Bo did what was probably the right thing at the time. So, your saying Bo was wrong?

We played both guys, converted 1 or 14 on 3rd down conversions....stellar numbers no matter who is playing. The problem is not at QB.

However to some people, Green's lack of anything good is all Lee's fault.

No Lee just isn't a D-I qb.. sorry but the guys just doesn't have it

kinda weird this was his only D-I scholarship offer

Maybe. But compared to Green he's John Elway in his prime.

Haha.. wow vince.. ur posts get more comical with each one

I just don't see how your so high on Lee... I'm stuck down here in OU land and watch quite a bit of football with OU and Texas fans who simply just laugh at his timidness/inability in the pocket.. its clearly obvious if you are not blinded by the apparent bromance you have for him

I am not at all high on Lee. However, because he is the best QB NU has right now, he needs to continue to start. I would LOVE for Green or anybody to step up and prove they are the best QB and produce something more than 3 and out time, after time, after time.