Bo's Not-so-subtle jab at *us*

And now we'll see if you get your warning for a personal attack. I'd rather you just went to Husker games and were loud, lol.

That "Whoooosh" sound you hear is something going over your head there. :dunno

BTW.....You can only claim to be personally attacked if you claim to be the "idiot"I talk about. :nanalama

If you were not referring to me, you should not quote my post like that. The truth is, I don't care what you think, however it was pretty obvious you were referring to me. I restrain myself greatly on these boards because the mods freak if you even call someone an idiot (see Ohio Pete's warning in a recent thread). I simply think the rules should be enforced equally.

I went to 24 home games in the mid 80's to the late 90's, and the atmosphere was more 'electric'...I hadn't been to a home game since that time til Baylor last year and I was seriously looking around and talking to people about what the f#*k happened to our crowd. Everyone stands up for the tunnel walk and says Husker Power, then .34 seconds after kick off everyone sits right on their hands.

Bo coached in the SEC, where even on TV, during 3 yd runs the crowd is just plain Raucous. Last nite was the first time since Texas 2006 that the crowd was up the whole game. VT last year was pretty good, but we had to come back to get everyone up. Colorado was absolute apesh#t when Henery made the kick.

But the point is, the crowd, for the most part isn't just Batty and jumping and crazy and sexy. It's uniform and formal and polite. I said it when they put that gigantic freaking screen in that too many people stop, turn, stare, and listen to ads and replays and it takes away the ONENESS of the crowd providing the noise and cheers. I know they aren't going away anytime soon, but at least they could make them an addition to the crowd with some extremely loud sound and extremely graphic pics.

I agree that a season of consistent wins with the players giving US something to get excited about will change everything, but we need to provide the "Electricity" no matter who the opponent is and no matter what time in the game it is.

FWIW--my brother was at the game last nite and said it felt like games of old. Crowd was rockin he said and no one sat down the entire game except half time.

This is a great point. Tiger Stadium at night, right after they finish up "Calling Baton Rouge", is a cacaphony of drunk cajuns...that's what Coach is used to.

During his post-game interview, Bo said that the stadium finally had a spark tonight and that it hadn't been that way all season. He hinted that it was at least a part in our victory tonight.....

Have we lost our Husker pride people? Is the Sea of Red turning into a trickle of red?

No there are too many fricken old people!!! At the Texas Tech game I saw some old fart tug on a guy in front of him who was standing,cheering, and making noise while the defense is on the field. THATS WHY THE SPARK IS GONE..'

Hey old farts!! STAND THE HELL UP!!! GET OUT THE BEN GAY OR STAY HOME!!!

During his post-game interview, Bo said that the stadium finally had a spark tonight and that it hadn't been that way all season. He hinted that it was at least a part in our victory tonight.....

Have we lost our Husker pride people? Is the Sea of Red turning into a trickle of red?

No there are too many fricken old people!!! At the Texas Tech game I saw some old fart tug on a guy in front of him who was standing,cheering, and making noise while the defense is on the feel. THATS WHY THE SPARK IS GONE..'

Hey old farts!! STAND THE HELL UP!!! GET OUT THE BEN GAY OR STAY HOME!!!

Dude...that may have been me. I was asked to "coordinate" with the other fans in the area and not stand outside of the first play of the game. Worst experience ever and I will never sit in those seats again.

Interesting point announcers made last night. After the late punt return by OU, the life was sucked out of the stadium.

WHY??

We're ahead, time's winding down, and our defense is taking the field to stop those guys. Why don't we raise the noise level through the roof and scare that interception-prone freshman QB they've got trying to mount a comeback? Why do we just cover our mouths, curl up in a fetal position, and cry out "oh my goddd, i can't watch! is it over yet?"*

C'mon, guys.

* - I was doing this too though, from behind my computer screen.

Interesting point announcers made last night. After the late punt return by OU, the life was sucked out of the stadium.

WHY??

We're ahead, time's winding down, and our defense is taking the field to stop those guys. Why don't we raise the noise level through the roof and scare that interception-prone freshman QB they've got trying to mount a comeback? Why do we just cover our mouths, curl up in a fetal position, and cry out "oh my goddd, i can't watch! is it over yet?"*

C'mon, guys.

:clap

Me too. We've had so much bad luck this season....it's like flinching when someone starts to throw a punch at you. It's a natural reaction.

WHY??

C'mon, guys.

I guess my question is, "Did this last beyond the initial reaction or did the crowd get back into it when they started running plays?" I heard them say the life went out of the crowd right after the return, but did it stay that way? I can't fault anyone for going dead silent after that return...you'll see that happen all around college football. But hopefully people recovered and got loud again once OU took the field to run plays?

I don't remember - I hope it recovered too though. I was personally too busy biting my teeth and hiding under the covers. I agree it's a natural reaction and I guess I can't fault people for doing it. Just a little bit disappointing. Hopefully we'll recover from that attitude and start believing we can win again. I mean, with this defense, WOW.

I guess my question is, "Did this last beyond the initial reaction or did the crowd get back into it when they started running plays?" I heard them say the life went out of the crowd right after the return, but did it stay that way? I can't fault anyone for going dead silent after that return...you'll see that happen all around college football. But hopefully people recovered and got loud again once OU took the field to run plays?

It lasted only long enough for the refs to set the ball for the next play, then it was equally as loud. The next play you will remember because it was the negated one. I think the stadium was loud enough the referee had a hard time hearing the page, that's why the play happened and then they stated the punt return would be reviewed to ensure a proper spot.

Announcers always say stuff like that because they want to show the impact of a particular play they deam as "huge."

It lasted only long enough for the refs to set the ball for the next play, then it was equally as loud. The next play you will remember because it was the negated one. I think the stadium was loud enough the referee had a hard time hearing the page, that's why the play happened and then they stated the punt return would be reviewed to ensure a proper spot.

Announcers always say stuff like that because they want to show the impact of a particular play they deam as "huge."

That's what I figured, thanks. Good to hear.