Bo's Not-so-subtle jab at *us*

When half the stadium consists of 70 year olds or older who get pissed even when people stand up, yeah, it affects the spark and noise level from the crowd.

I remember one game I went to, we were scolded for standing during a big play for our defense when their offense was in the red zone! Are you f'ing kidding me?

It's bad...watchin it out here in Reno on TV I paused the game to show my buddies the fans (elderly) who were kickin back while others were whoopin it up! It was Nebraska vs O F'n U people!!!! Last few games I've watched in the sky boxes, but the last time I was in the stands I had a couple guys behind me bitchin about me standing up and cheering. Stay the F'ck at home if you wanna sit back and watch the game!!!

In the post game show he just said he had been disapointed in the crowds so far for the year, but that tonight was how it's supposed to be.

Hey Bo, that works out great, because I was really disappointed in the team during the Texas Tech and Iowa State games! Tonight the crowd rocked. It was as loud as any game I can remember. It rivaled the 1978 OU game or the game against Colorado last year, or even the Colorado game in the sleet in 94. The Huskers gave us plenty to cheer about tonight. The defense played with passion and everybody in the crowd sensed that and got behind them. It was awesome!

well, for one it was OU, and i think there is some merit to the whole "different crowd" thing. Seemed like there was alot more people around town from out of state and whatnot, just more campers and heck Lincoln was pretty busy the night before which you don't get sometimes with the night games bc there is enough time for people to drive down that day. I think a lot of people thought this was gonna be a huge game this year and made plans and got their hands on tickets while the cranky old people stayed home and went to bed after the first quarter.

But, there also is just something about night games. I don't know if it gives people more time to get drunk or what. Also maybe Bo should think about his gameday procedures bc maybe the crowd is flat because the team is flat at 1130am, they always look like they didn't get enough sleep or something.

Others have pointed out my sentiments. Last night's was my fourth game this year (FAU, LLafU, TTech, Smoklahomo) and I have mentioned to many people how I have been disappointed as well. Last night was the best gametime atmosphere I have seen in a while, though.

The gameday atmosphere isn't like it used to be. Not enough "Go Big Red" cheers and, when fans do scream that out, they get the cadence wrong and sound like idiots. Everyone is just kind of walking around, going about their business and being quiet in the process. The cheerleaders evidently don't get the schedule because Husker Power is not coinciding well with the Tunnel Walk. The fans are doing the wave.

I don't blame Bo for having that attitude. I would hazard a guess the reason is because of all the emotionless, lackluster teams of the BC era and losing that have deadened the crowd. You can tell in the stadium that as soon as the other team scores (see: TTech) the crowd's mentality is "here we go again." It will take time and consistent winning to turn that around.

The really old seat owners do not like the late games so the younger relatives get the seats and it showed!

It was really a plus for the defense! I expect the entusiasm for the KState game will rock the Sower at the State capitool Building. It will be very loud.

Yeah, in the section I am in there are usually a ton of old folks surrounding me. Last night I looked around and didn't see any of them. It was such a change. Usually I am yelling by myself and people just seem annoyed with me. Last night the entire section was right there with me.

I am not one to say the old folks need to stay at home, however the noise level last night was much louder for a reason. I just hope that NU can get more late games scheduled in upcoming years so that we can have more nights like last night in memorial stadium.

I went to 24 home games in the mid 80's to the late 90's, and the atmosphere was more 'electric'...I hadn't been to a home game since that time til Baylor last year and I was seriously looking around and talking to people about what the f#*k happened to our crowd. Everyone stands up for the tunnel walk and says Husker Power, then .34 seconds after kick off everyone sits right on their hands.

Bo coached in the SEC, where even on TV, during 3 yd runs the crowd is just plain Raucous. Last nite was the first time since Texas 2006 that the crowd was up the whole game. VT last year was pretty good, but we had to come back to get everyone up. Colorado was absolute apesh#t when Henery made the kick.

But the point is, the crowd, for the most part isn't just Batty and jumping and crazy and sexy. It's uniform and formal and polite. I said it when they put that gigantic freaking screen in that too many people stop, turn, stare, and listen to ads and replays and it takes away the ONENESS of the crowd providing the noise and cheers. I know they aren't going away anytime soon, but at least they could make them an addition to the crowd with some extremely loud sound and extremely graphic pics.

I agree that a season of consistent wins with the players giving US something to get excited about will change everything, but we need to provide the "Electricity" no matter who the opponent is and no matter what time in the game it is.

FWIW--my brother was at the game last nite and said it felt like games of old. Crowd was rockin he said and no one sat down the entire game except half time.

The really old seat owners do not like the late games so the younger relatives get the seats and it showed!

It was really a plus for the defense! I expect the entusiasm for the KState game will rock the Sower at the State capitool Building. It will be very loud.

Do not put any blame on the "really old seat owners." They are the part of Husker Nation that has carried this program on their backs for 300+ home sell out games. The one streak that couldn't be snapped by the Ped-allhan years. They are to be reverred and respected.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez