Three Cottons

Captain K

As most of you know, there will be a third Cornhusker Cotton as ATH Jake Cotton has committed to the Huskers. Do you folks think that the fact that the Cotton family is growing will affect any decision Bo may make regarding Barney, assuming there's one to make. It could be hard, even for the head coach, to look the kids in the eye and say "your Dad's not such a good coach, sorry."

well, there are no Watsons, so let's let him go first and give Cotton a chance.

Does anybody know how to fix a broken record? Does anybody know how to fix a broken record? Does anybody know how to fix a broken record? Does anybody know how to ..............nevermind.

This latest Cotton scholarship is Ole Boy networking at it's finest. Like that scholarship that TO handed out to that legacy kid last year, who will never see the field no matter how much small town Nebraska people want him to. If there was ever a perfect example for what a walk on should look like Barney's boy is it.

I agree. With no Watson to destroy our offense Cotton has a chance to excel. We'll see.....

Watson must have been at ISU or NU the first time with Barney because he didn't excel back then either.

the thing is, i've seen the kid play numerous times here in Lincoln, Highest class in the state, and he is NOT DOMINANT at all! We're talking High school football in the state of NEBRASKA. You will find better recruits from just about any other state in the nation. Sure Nebraska will have some gems, but this kid has no chance of being like Crick or Steinkuhler (ty).

I get really really tired of people saying, "well, TO did it like this back in the 90's"

Well your damn right he did because there wasn't a god damn scholarship limit back then. Nowadays you gotta go out and recruit harder than before just to finish a season 9-3, especially if you are nebraska, basing it off of location of course.

I don't know how many times i've said this before but when it comes to recruiting, and lets say i'm being offered by Nebraska, Texas, Florida, USC...etc...Why would a prized recruit come to Nebraska over a warm weather state? granted there is nothing to do in Lincoln anyway till you turn 21, even at that its only bars, WHICH THE PLAYERS ARE RESTRICTED FROM.

Its late, i'm tired and cranky, and most of all pissed off because of wasted scholarships given to coaches sons when the coach shouldn't be here in the first place....

It starts up front, the line isn't physical, not disciplined...How can WATSON call a good game when his damn LINE can't block anyone? We make subpar defenses look GREAT!

dedhoarse:rant

um... i havent seen anything on the kid at all... but the family is effing athletic.. haven't watched jake play since they were here the 1st time around in 03 which he was in like 6th grade or something? But seriously, Jake n Ben were both hella good athletes then, and it's pretty damn effing pathetic that people judge both of them based solely on Barney's ability to coach.

It's part that and it's part star gazing.* (Not that this is a bad thing)

Why, in a scholarship crunch class where we are going to be extremely picky and with few spots remaining and many prospects on the board, do we go after a kid who would walk on anyway and isn't even sniffing Division I offers?

It's not so much his ability as people are looking at this and thinking "this is a favor to Barney" and frowning upon that.