Why Lee will start in 2 days

Travis9

Just because the throws can be made on NCAA 2010 doesn’t mean they can be made in REAL LIFE.

Thanks newearth, now I have to wipe the shrapnel from my double whopper off of my keyboard

You have to wonder if that's where some people get their ideas about what's likely to happen in a game.

I know right....

"Dude, I tore up Texas's secondary with Green when I played last night'

but the idea of switching qbs to spark the offense was a bust too....Green needs time to understand Wats complex crap...Lee is not playing well, but understands better what Wats calls......if that is possible.

as someone said earlier, Ganz audibled out of Wats crappy calls so much that he made him actually look good....Lee runs the play as called for the most part and the defense seems read Wats' mind.

meantime the O line and others are shuffling their feet like a nervous slut at a high school prom.

sluts are never nervous at the prom. they know exactly what is going to happen. the guy that brought the slut is probably more nervous.

I'm so glad I got to say that on an internet football board.

Everyone can just relax with the QB talk. The fact of the matter is that we have below average QB play with two QBs.

Lee just looks scared. He doesn't lose the games for us, but he does very little to help us win. He's afraid of contact, he's not accurate at short to intermediate passes (his strength is long bombs down the field), and has no pocket presence.

Green is inexperienced and cannot read defenses for the life of him. He's very inaccurate when it comes to throwing any type of ball, and he still needs time to learn Watson's crap that he calls an offensive playbook.

If we are going to do well the rest of the year, we have to line up and run straight ahead because that is what our o-line is good at. None of the stretch plays toward the sideline or option runs. Sprinkle in some play action passes with Lee, and hopefully he can throw a decent ball every once in a while.

That's my take.

Agree with everything but having Lee in... Green needs to be in and using playaction for him to boot off of giving a run pass option

Everyone can just relax with the QB talk. The fact of the matter is that we have below average QB play with two QBs.

Lee just looks scared. He doesn't lose the games for us, but he does very little to help us win. He's afraid of contact, he's not accurate at short to intermediate passes (his strength is long bombs down the field), and has no pocket presence.

Green is inexperienced and cannot read defenses for the life of him. He's very inaccurate when it comes to throwing any type of ball, and he still needs time to learn Watson's crap that he calls an offensive playbook.

If we are going to do well the rest of the year, we have to line up and run straight ahead because that is what our o-line is good at. None of the stretch plays toward the sideline or option runs. Sprinkle in some play action passes with Lee, and hopefully he can throw a decent ball every once in a while.

That's my take.

Agree with everything but having Lee in... Green needs to be in and using playaction for him to boot off of giving a run pass option

yeah a high school offense that calls for the same play over and over is going to help. The problem with yur idea is that KU will eventually (after 3 or 4 plays at the latest) take away the run portion of that option thus forcing him to pass which in all likelihood will lead to several turnovers which inevitably will cost us the game

First i would like to state that i really think i could have done what Lee did at QB on saturday. Yes he managed the offense BLAH BLAH BLAH, but half of us on this board could have handed it off to the HB and made the completions he did.

:facepalm: So you and half the people out here could have completed 5 or 9 passes with 1 TD against the OU defense? :bs: I say not one person on this board, in front of 85,000 people, a national TV audience, against the OU defense could have made that TD throw or any of the other throws that were made. Cody Green wasn’t making any throws and he is the “savior”. :ahhhhhhhh:moreinteresting

Just because the throws can be made on NCAA 2010 doesn’t mean they can be made in REAL LIFE. :koolaid2:

For years we havent been able to land a quality QB with the exception of Green

I was wondering what you base “landing a quality QB” off of. :dunno If you go by Rivals rankings then in 2002 Curt Dukes was a 4 star (#9 Dual Threat), 2005 Harrison Beck was a 4 Star (#3 Pro Style – RR 5.9), in 2007 Zac Lee was a 4 Star (RR – 5.9) and in 2009 Cody Green was a 4 Star (#6 Dual Threat – RR 5.8). So if you base “landing a quality QB” off of Rivals recruiting rankings then Dukes was similar to Green and going off of their Rivals Ranking (RR) Beck and Lee were better signees.

DISCLAIMER: Star rankings are not an exact science nor do I claim them to be. I only posted them as a reference point in conjunction with the statement “landing a quality QB”. I was confused on the criteria, I didn’t know if it was recruiting sites or if it was based off of mediocre play against mediocre teams, because really these are the only two things we have to try and base an opinion on the GREATNESS THAT IS CODY GREEN.

And how many of those QB's have panned out smart ****... Those aren't quality quarterbacks except Green, since we havent been able to see him. I know you haven't played football in your life so you live yours through huskerboard.. And yes i know i could have made that pass to a wide the F*** open reciever. So have fun on your computer in the basement of your moms house...

And how many of those QB's have panned out smart ****... Those aren't quality quarterbacks except Green, since we havent been able to see him. I know you have probably played football in your life so you live yours through huskerboard.. And yes i know i could have made that pass to a wide the F*** open reciever. So have fun on your computer in the basement of your moms house...

Easy newearthhusker . . . we've got an angry one.

Also, Husker4lif3, anyone with a user name that uses a "3" as an "E" has no business using "mama's basement" smack. Secondly, it was a "wide the F*** open" tight end and not a receiver. I guess playstation doesn't differentiate between the two. (kidding, kidding.)

And how many of those QB's have panned out smart ****... Those aren't quality quarterbacks except Green, since we havent been able to see him. I know you have probably played football in your life so you live yours through huskerboard.. And yes i know i could have made that pass to a wide the F*** open reciever. So have fun on your computer in the basement of your moms house...

Also, Husker4lif3, anyone with a user name that uses a "3" as an "E" has no business using "mama's basement" smack. Secondly, it was a "wide the F*** open" tight end and not a receiver. I guess playstation doesn't differentiate between the two. (kidding, kidding.)

Yea i understand it was a tight end, but anyone who RECIEVES a pass is a reciever.. I didnt have a problem with you so why would you start with 3 in the name. Must be pretty bored right now..

Yea i understand it was a tight end, but anyone who RECIEVES a pass is a reciever.. I didnt have a problem with you so why would you start with 3 in the name. Must be pretty bored right now..

I am pretty bored right now. Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility is not an exciting class.

They should just let SUH hit him fullout in practice one time, so he knows that no hit will hurt worse than that one the rest of his life.

uh...

no.

very bad idea. :dumdum

suh would kill him. literally.

It wouldn't look good in the papers and who wants to tell zachs mom? :dunno