yet another Cody Green thread

HuckFoley

Okay, lets try this. If we in practice do actually go 1's on 1's & we have the best defense in the country, why dont we have the 1st team offense practice against the 2nd team D so they actually can get into a rythym in practice instead of Suh & co beating them up all week :dunno & then from there, you can more accurately decide who should start @ QB since they will be playing against something in practice that is a much truer representation of the defenses that they will face on Saturdays. JMHO

but I'm with ya on playing him.. if you ever stood next to the guy, he seriously passes the eyeball test..

I hear that's how they decide the starter at QB in the NFL.... <_<

well, I knew I would get ripped here with this thread..

CG has shown me nothing.

LTW has shown me something (like going out and scoring twice in a row during the spring game to start it off) He has IT.

Lee came in and barfed it up, and finally got it together to win it.

Green looked like crap in the spring... ok, pass, he's a freshman.

I just know what I know, and you can all say what you want, but I'd be playing that Washington kid if I was the offensive coordinator.

some of you might think, "thank god you aren't the OC".. fair enough.

Obviously our offense and that scheme is working...

sigh...

sometimes I think the majority of nu fans are just sheep and want to be part of the herd

:facepalm:

Jesus christ now that Cody Green isn't living up to the hype you people want Washington in? You will never be satisfied.

That's what I was saying... I don't know why Epoch did not like what I was saying.

I think epoc was referencing the OP since the OP did say that we wouldn't like what he had to say.

I tend to take things personally, that was clever Epoch.

Also, the OP mentioned Sam Keller... Huge difference, in that Sam Keller was the problem, not the offense is the problem. Big difference, again: in one scenario, the qb made the offense worse, in the other, the offense makes the qb's look worse.

I jumped on the CG bandwagon this last couple of weeks due to what I was seeing out of Zac Lee.

I have jumped back off.. (you can ridicule me if you want)

The main thing that I want to go back to is when we recruited this guy.

I watched his HS film and what not, and honestly, I never saw anything that spectacular with his play. I didn't understand where all this man love was coming from.

I take some intangibles into account, and still didn't see a "winner".

Some guys are scrappy and just get it done. Others have superior gifts.

Others still have the heart.

Now, I do watch allot of film of recruits, and I didn't understand why this guy was so highly ranked or recruited.

CG is a decent runner, but not as good as Jammal Lord was.

CG is a decent passer, but not as good as Joe Ganz was.

So, in time, I've come to a conclusion on why CG was so highly ranked and recruited.

Physically, he is very mature beyond his years...

He was a Man playing HS football, solely out of his physical maturity as compared to 16, 17 & 18 year olds that he was facing in high school.

That's it.

He has great size, great maturity physically, but I don't think I've seen any intangibles during his film that would make me think he is a gamer or a tommie frazier or even a joe ganz...

I know some people are going to rip me a new one, but I'm just being honest with my assessment and I bet LTW is better at both running and passing than CG.

It's like good old Josh Freeman.. he had some skills, but was never a game changer, just had size.

I like Taylor Martinez and Tyler Gabbert's film much better.

Ok, rip away ;)

going to agree with you to a certain point, I was hoping for more of a Pryor (Ohio ST) effect and did not get it

I jumped on the CG bandwagon this last couple of weeks due to what I was seeing out of Zac Lee.

I have jumped back off.. (you can ridicule me if you want)

The main thing that I want to go back to is when we recruited this guy.

I watched his HS film and what not, and honestly, I never saw anything that spectacular with his play. I didn't understand where all this man love was coming from.

I take some intangibles into account, and still didn't see a "winner".

Some guys are scrappy and just get it done. Others have superior gifts.

Others still have the heart.

Now, I do watch allot of film of recruits, and I didn't understand why this guy was so highly ranked or recruited.

CG is a decent runner, but not as good as Jammal Lord was.

CG is a decent passer, but not as good as Joe Ganz was.

So, in time, I've come to a conclusion on why CG was so highly ranked and recruited.

Physically, he is very mature beyond his years...

He was a Man playing HS football, solely out of his physical maturity as compared to 16, 17 & 18 year olds that he was facing in high school.

That's it.

He has great size, great maturity physically, but I don't think I've seen any intangibles during his film that would make me think he is a gamer or a tommie frazier or even a joe ganz...

I know some people are going to rip me a new one, but I'm just being honest with my assessment and I bet LTW is better at both running and passing than CG.

It's like good old Josh Freeman.. he had some skills, but was never a game changer, just had size.

I like Taylor Martinez and Tyler Gabbert's film much better.

Ok, rip away ;)

going to agree with you to a certain point, I was hoping for more of a Pryor (Ohio ST) effect and did not get it

So you wanted a flash in the pan that flames out in his second year?