NU Gets To Play Spoiler In More Ways Than One Next Week

sarge87

I was just looking at the KSU schedule, and they need a win over NU to go to a bowl game. They have two wins over Division FCS schools and can only count one towards bowl eligibility.

The Cats have to win Saturday or stay at home post season. This will make them a dangerous foe next week as their whole season hinges on this game.

Ours does too in my opinion, but we still are bowl eligible win or lose.

Kansas State (6-5) (4-2)

• Sat, Sep 5 Massachusetts W 21-17
  • Sat, Sep 12 at Louisiana-Lafayette L 15-17
  • Sat, Sep 19 at UCLA L 9-23

• Sat, Sep 26 Tennessee Tech W 49-7
  • Sat, Oct 3 at Iowa State W 24-23
  • Sat, Oct 10 at Texas Tech L 14-66
  • Sat, Oct 17 Texas A&M W 62-14
  • Sat, Oct 24 Colorado W 20-6
  • Sat, Oct 31 at (22) Oklahoma L 30-42
  • Sat, Nov 7 Kansas W 17-10
  • Sat, Nov 14 Missouri L 12-38
  • Sat, Nov 21 at Nebraska 7:45 pm

Thing is, we're not playing spoiler. We're playing for the North.

Playing spoiler means we have nothing to lose personally. We have everything to lose. Unless I'm mistaken, we lose this game and they have the North wrapped up.

This game basically determines who will win the North. Win, and we baaasically have it. Lose, and we DEFINITELY do not. I'm sure Bo and our players realize that. We have so much to play for.

Playing spoiler means we have nothing to lose personally. We have everything to lose. Unless I'm mistaken, we lose this game and they have the North wrapped up.

This game basically determines who will win the North. Win, and we baaasically have it. Lose, and we DEFINITELY do not. I'm sure Bo and our players realize that. We have so much to play for.

Exactly, I could care less about KSU's bowl chances. Nebraska has to go take care of business in Lincoln and then again in Boulder for this season to be successful. Then we'd really get to play a true spoiler by upsetting Texas in the Big 12 title game :):koolaid2:

Is it just me or is it just really disgusting that Kansas St. is playing for a Division title as well as a bowl bid in the same late season game. Man, that is just gross. On a side not, i keep thinking about the 2003 K-State game, this should resurrect some thoughts

any thought of that possibly bein in the back of Bo's mind and even Snyder's as Bill goes, "of FUEGHHH"

I would love to see Bo return the favor, but it is just as much encouraging to know he has more class than that.

I guess I could have worded it a different way, but Snyder has some payback coming which is why I termed it as a spoiler. To send Snyder home with a loss and no post season, but I get where you are coming from.

I guess I could have worded it a different way, but Snyder has some payback coming which is why I termed it as a spoiler. To send Snyder home with a loss and no post season, but I get where you are coming from.

so youre sayin that Bo has some things in store for Old Billy, maybe some pregame fasting of Suh so he's extra hungry.

so youre sayin that Bo has some things in store for Old Billy, maybe some pregame fasting of Suh so he's extra hungry.

nu should win going out and finish 9/3.....god, that iowa state loss was a painful one......should not have happen

It's a weird season all in all ... we could actually have just one loss. The Iowa State loss was painful and a waste ... and the collapse at VT hurt. Thus far, it's the TT game that truly went "south".

I wouldn't have thought that we could go this season with just one loss season ... and it would be TT.

In the end, we have three losses thus far ... the result of an inexperienced team and coaching staff that is bringin' it together and learning how to be Huskers again.

We are no spoiler at this point IMHO ... we must win out to atleast show we have more grit, heart and determination to make up for a lack of talent. We can and should win the last two games ... and then as said ... we truly can be a spoiler.

I would love to see us get the chance to be that spoiler. To beat a talented Texas team would be a good "miracle" in my book. More than that ... I'd love to see the BSC get blown up and a playoff get more considering.

For now ... it's one game at a time!

SheepdogMark

NU needs to take care of business against KSU. They will be playing with a lot fight to save their season and the Huskers can't afford to have a slow start. They shouldn't overlook the Wildcats.

I don't think they will overlook the wildcats, this is probably the most important game of the season so far. hopefully our 'd' will be well rested.

I would love to see us get the chance to be that spoiler. To beat a talented Texas team would be a good "miracle" in my book. More than that ... I'd love to see the BSC get blown up and a playoff get more considering.

SheepdogMark

I think we can beat Texass

But Gawd, I wish we could put this playoff bullcrap to rest.

SheepdogMark

I think we can beat Texass

But Gawd, I wish we could put this playoff bullcrap to rest.

Amen! Does anyone realize what a playoff might look like at the end of this season? After the title games are played...you would probably still have BOTH florida and alabama in an 8 team playoff! So let's say florida wins then they end up playing again for the title! BS! It wouldn't matter who won the SEC if the other team won the NT.

And Bo has been quoted as saying "i regretted it as soon as it happened" when asked about the bill snyder thing. He and Snyder talked and put it to rest during b12 media days before the season kicked off.

Amen! Does anyone realize what a playoff might look like at the end of this season? After the title games are played...you would probably still have BOTH florida and alabama in an 8 team playoff! So let's say florida wins then they end up playing again for the title! BS! It wouldn't matter who won the SEC if the other team won the NT.

Meh. What you're really decrying here is the structure of Div-1A football. There's no reason to have 120 teams in the same bracket. Polls and voting and whatnot is a joke of a way to determine a champion, and anything short of a 16-team playoff isn't doing justice to a 120-team league.

D1A needs to be pared down to 40-50 teams, max. Abolish the conferences, establish five ten-team divisions with each winner getting an automatic bid, plus three or seven wildcards, and you've got a recipe for a realistic championship.

Beauty competitions are for chicks. Let's have a real champion in a man's sport. For once.

Meh. What you're really decrying here is the structure of Div-1A football. There's no reason to have 120 teams in the same bracket. Polls and voting and whatnot is a joke of a way to determine a champion, and anything short of a 16-team playoff isn't doing justice to a 120-team league.

D1A needs to be pared down to 40-50 teams, max. Abolish the conferences, establish five ten-team divisions with each winner getting an automatic bid, plus three or seven wildcards, and you've got a recipe for a realistic championship.

Beauty competitions are for chicks. Let's have a real champion in a man's sport. For once.

Yeah but then you'd have the NFL. What's the point? Part of the reason college ball is so much better (in my mind) is that every game matters. Anyone care to think about Texass benching all their starters for their game next weekend cause it won't matter since they'll have a top seed anyway?