Eric Crouch or Scott Frost.....Best Athlete?

When I think of Scott Frost I think Husker. When I think of Eric, thats it just Eric.

How can you not think Husker when you think of Crouch? I don't get it. Is it the whole Newcombe thing? I'm sure that was pretty humbling for him. What was he 19 at the time? Crap we all know how that worked out. Crouch won the Heisman and Bobby bashed the program. Did you think Husker when Frost bolted the state to go play for Bill Walsh?

I think Frost went to Stanford to learn under Walsh, most would if they were recruited to be QB by a legendary Coach.

Eric, quit the team and left, Frank got on his knees to beg him back. This situation caused many problems with the other coaches and players. Eric had to have the ball every single play for his Hypsman award. Lord never got to play because Frank was afraid Eric would quit again. He hurt this program with his attitude and actions. He got the Hypsman and sent the program down the tubes, you can idolize him if you want, but I do not.

I think Frost went to Stanford to learn under Walsh, most would if they were recruited to be QB by a legendary Coach.

Eric, quit the team and left, Frank got on his knees to beg him back. This situation caused many problems with the other coaches and players. Eric had to have the ball every single play for his Hypsman award. Lord never got to play because Frank was afraid Eric would quit again. He hurt this program with his attitude and actions. He got the Hypsman and sent the program down the tubes, you can idolize him if you want, but I do not.

:yeah

As far as this debate goes, Crouch was obviously the better athlete. He was faster, more elusive, and probably just as strong physically. He went in the third round, much higher than Frost did, and we can never compare nfl years, because Eric essentially took himself out of the game. For all of you crouch haters, i leave you with this. In Eric's last year, we lost one game and went to the national championship game, in which his offense played decently. The next year, with nearly the same team minus Crouch, we went 7-7. You do the math.

I don't know how any of you can think Crouch was a better athlete than Frost. If you're going to base being the best athlete strictly on speed, then yes Crouch was better. If you're going to use anything else, then Frost by far was a superior athlete. I lmfao when I read where someone actually wrote that Crouch was probably just as strong physically. Check out the records on the strength and conditioning. No other QB in NU histroy ever even came close to Frost.

Frost is one of only 7 at the time QB's to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 1,000 yards in a single season. Keep in mind that Frost's wingman (Ahman) rushed for over 1600 yards the same season. How many DB's did Crouch send to the sideline when NU ran the option? Frost was also a lot smarter than Crouch. He scored a 32 on his ACT, and was a student of the game. While I like Crouch and what he did at NU, I don't know how you can even compare the two. You can name just about any sport, and I'll take Frost any day especially in track and field. I'd love to see Crouch hurdle like Frost did!

Even though I believe Frost was a much better over all athlete than Crouch, I think Crouch was a better QB than Frost. If you ever watch the films of the first 2-4 games Crouch's junior and senior year, you will see he actually had a pretty good arm and accuracy. It was the middle to latter part of the season when everything fell apart. I believe this was due to the pounding his shoulders and body took through the course of the season. Make no mistake about it, Crouch was probably the best passing QB since Berringer.

That is a pretty amazing fact, I had forgotten about that. When I think of Scott Frost I think Husker. When I think of Eric, thats it just Eric.

You think Frost you think Husker????

The dude went to Stanford over NU first. How is that "more Husker" than Crouch?

You have to look at supporting cast when you compare. Eric did have a decent team that made it to the NC, but they never had the ability to just blow opponents away and dominate. The Frost teams did that. Scott Frost was a much better team player and teammate in general. He was perfectly fine with giving the ball to Ahman Green every play. Eric wanted the ball in his hands every time. We lost a lot from his selfishness when running the option. When the RB had an open lane, Eric would just cut it up into defenders and get no yards. If I had to pick one of them to run my team(in the TO offensive scheme) I would take Scott Frost.