Disappointed in Pelini for not showing class

HuskerNLA

I know I am opening myself up for attacks from Husker fans that are just glad we are winning again, but I say you are not TRUE Husker fans if you condone the conduct of Bo Pelini and Larry Asante.

I am VERY disappointed in Bo Pelini for not doing something about Larry Asante playing like a thug for the second week in a row. I hate Oklahoma and I hate KU, but I love football and there is not place for thuggish play like the celebration over injuring a OU player after making a dirty hit and then the hit on the KU quarterback was just downright dirty. We want winning football and Nebraska but not at the cost of becoming a Miami like group of thugs. I was hoping that, even though Pelini came from the Les Miles staff that he would show more class than Miles does...I guess I was wrong, he is showing himself to be just as classless. Come on Pelini, DO SOMETHING ABOUT LARRY ASANTE.

I know I am opening myself up for attacks from Husker fans that are just glad we are winning again, but I say you are not TRUE Husker fans if you condone the conduct of Bo Pelini and Larry Asante.

I am VERY disappointed in Bo Pelini for not doing something about Larry Asante playing like a thug for the second week in a row. I hate Oklahoma and I hate KU, but I love football and there is not place for thuggish play like the celebration over injuring a OU player after making a dirty hit and then the hit on the KU quarterback was just downright dirty. We want winning football and Nebraska but not at the cost of becoming a Miami like group of thugs. I was hoping that, even though Pelini came from the Les Miles staff that he would show more class than Miles does...I guess I was wrong, he is showing himself to be just as classless. Come on Pelini, DO SOMETHING ABOUT LARRY ASANTE.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The people I have seen crying about this HAVE to be BCers, they have to be "fans" that loved all things BC and hate the new staff so they are looking for things to attack the coach about. Similar to the fans that hated BC and ripped on him for the throat slashing and all his lame quotes from his pressers.

In my opinion this is nothing more then a fishing event with a BCer who not only is bent out of shape but also sees the writing on the wall that the firing was not only the correct thing to do but also that it is clear that Bo and his staff are not going to fail like they had hoped.

BCers, remember, you are not really Husker fans.

Has Mr. Asante shown a propensity to perform with this same demeanor and attitude his whole career? My opinion differs in that when I actually met him and talked to him as he autographed my son's hat after the La. Lafayette win he was happy for the win and glad his ankle was not broken. He didn't seem too thuggish maybe he is just that way on the field. :dunno just my $.02

GBR

:yeah

Nope, wrong again, not a BCer, think the firing was the right thing to do. I think hiring Pelini was the right thing. But I also think Pelini looking the other way about this type of play, while we are be hammered on ESPN and SI for what Larry Asante has done the last two weeks. If Bo would just step up and do the right thing, maybe everyone could move on. Until he does, he will look classless and weak.

What "thugish" behavior in the OU game are you refering too? Him celebrating a big hit? Him applauding when the player left the field under his own power? Please be more specific in your critisism.

Yeap, the dirty hit at OU, jumping around celebrating because he injured a player, and then, clapping when the player walked off because he realized what an idiot he made our whole team look like. But, of course, I can tell by your post your condone his behavior, and that say alot.

You are just going way over the top. Asante obviously did not realize he had injured the player and was celebrating the big hit he made. There's nothing wrong with that.

But clearly you would rather believe the worse.

Yeah, Asante screwed up. I'm sure someone had a talk with him about that. What do you want Bo do to, publicly hang him out to dry and kick him off the team? Wow.

First of all, the hit Asante made on the Oklahoma player was not "dirty." It was a perfectly executed tackle. He didn't lead with his helmet, it was made by his body. Should he have just gone up and slapped the player on the hand asking him nicely to go down? I'm sure that is what our players have to do in order to get your approval.

After he made the hit, he got up and started celebrating because he broke up a play. Not sure if you ever watch college or pro football, but celebration after a big play is kind of the norm.

Secondly, Asante was already going for Reesing when he was sliding. He could've tried to avoid hitting him the way he did, but I don't think, in any way, that his intent was malicious.

You are really grasping at straws to try and make Pelini and Asante look bad. My guess is a closet KU or MU fan. Please find yourself the door. Thanks.

I am disappointed in some husker fans for threads like this.

Everyone is responding to the hit in the OU game. It's not just that hit and celebration, it was the follow up VERY late and VERY dirty hit in the KU game. Come on, I don't want him kicked off the team, but he should at least be made to apologize. He should do this BEFORE the Big XII office steps in this week.

What "thugish" behavior in the OU game are you refering too? Him celebrating a big hit? Him applauding when the player left the field under his own power? Please be more specific in your critisism.

Yeap, the dirty hit at OU, jumping around celebrating because he injured a player, and then, clapping when the player walked off because he realized what an idiot he made our whole team look like. But, of course, I can tell by your post your condone his behavior, and that say alot.

First off what about he hit was dirty? He did no lead with his head, he didn't try to takethe players knees out just a good hit.

Secondly how could he have known the player was hurt that quickly?

And I didn't see very much of the ku game but he didn't do anything wrong in the OU game, you might be surprised to hear this but part of the job of a defensive back is to be able to hit hard

:yeah

Nope, wrong again, not a BCer, think the firing was the right thing to do. I think hiring Pelini was the right thing. But I also think Pelini looking the other way about this type of play, while we are be hammered on ESPN and SI for what Larry Asante has done the last two weeks. If Bo would just step up and do the right thing, maybe everyone could move on. Until he does, he will look classless and weak.

Sorry, but this post stinks of a BCers thoughts. I was on the bigredboard long enough to know how you guys work.

Maybe Bo should resign but before he does he should rip up the schollys of any player that was flagged this year.

I am disappointed in some husker fans for threads like this.

Everyone is responding to the hit in the OU game. It's not just that hit and celebration, it was the follow up VERY late and VERY dirty hit in the KU game. Come on, I don't want him kicked off the team, but he should at least be made to apologize. He should do this BEFORE the Big XII office steps in this week.

What good does it do in FORCING a person to say sorry?!?!?! They dont really mean it, so it carries no weight at all!

Have you noticed that neither Stoops nor Maningo have said anything about it? That tells you all you need to know.