Disappointed in Pelini for not showing class

HuskerNLA

I remember at one game way back when, Mike Brown made a monster hit and then on the big board they showed a collection of his monster hits, and him talking about his favorites. that seems more insulting than just jumping up and down after a huge hit. by the way, i am not criticizing Brown, i am just saying that is was they do, they crash into players at full speed, the better the hit, the better they did. he should not have hit reesing, but i would rather have him hit reesing when he should not than not hit reesing when he should have.

I am disappointed in some husker fans for threads like this.

Everyone is responding to the hit in the OU game. It's not just that hit and celebration, it was the follow up VERY late and VERY dirty hit in the KU game. Come on, I don't want him kicked off the team, but he should at least be made to apologize. He should do this BEFORE the Big XII office steps in this week.

What good does it do in FORCING a person to say sorry?!?!?! They dont really mean it, so it carries no weight at all!

Have you noticed that neither Stoops nor Maningo have said anything about it? That tells you all you need to know.

Mangino has already filed a complaint with the Big XII, according the ESPN

Really! Provide a link to the story or it is fabricated BS by you. I checked Google, ESPN.com, Twitter, and the Lawrence Journal World for a link and there is none.

Therefore I call Bull Crap, Troll. Prove me wrong.

All you guys make me laugh. You "win at all cost" guys really sum up who you are. It seems a person cannot have an opinion different from you and survive. I have looked at some of the posts you guys have made and you are really the epoch of intelligence. Thanks for making me laugh. Go Huskers!

Typical, I'm so much smarter than you snark without any substance.

I'm calling you out, troll. Furnish the links for your allegations or begone.

Also, if your gonna complain about Pelini not doing anything about that late ht on Asante, you should really complain about the refs.

Refs didn't feel that Asante should have been thrown out from the game, you think Bo or anyone from the Husker side is gonna say "Hey, i agree with the opposing team, ill pull out my starter for that hit."

C'mon man, our coaching staff isn't a bunch of babies. They play into whatever the refs call the game.

Also, if your gonna complain about Pelini not doing anything about that late ht on Asante, you should really complain about the refs.

Refs didn't feel that Asante should have been thrown out from the game, you think Bo or anyone from the Husker side is gonna say "Hey, i agree with the opposing team, ill pull out my starter for that hit."

C'mon man, our coaching staff isn't a bunch of babies. They play into whatever the refs call the game.

especially the way the refs hold quarterback protection penalties as sacrosanct. if the refs did not eject him, he obviously did not deserve any further punishment. he was flagged, that was good and enough, end of discussion. criticizing husker fans who religiously post on this board is as classless as a marxist society.

First of all, the hit Asante made on the Oklahoma player was not "dirty." It was a perfectly executed tackle. He didn't lead with his helmet, it was made by his body. Should he have just gone up and slapped the player on the hand asking him nicely to go down? I'm sure that is what our players have to do in order to get your approval.

After he made the hit, he got up and started celebrating because he broke up a play. Not sure if you ever watch college or pro football, but celebration after a big play is kind of the norm.

Secondly, Asante was already going for Reesing when he was sliding. He could've tried to avoid hitting him the way he did, but I don't think, in any way, that his intent was malicious.

You are really grasping at straws to try and make Pelini and Asante look bad. My guess is a closet KU or MU fan. Please find yourself the door. Thanks.

The game officials felt it was dirty and, from what I am hearing the Big XII does as well. But, I guess you don't care if we are seen as a bunch of thugs, you just want a winning team. Fans like you don't even know what it means to be a Husker fan.

Don't tell me what kind of Husker fan I am. You think you are the mold of the perfect husker fan? You have 5 posts, and they are all in this thread that you started about how our players and coach are unclassy.

What? Because I don't agree with your ridiculous opinion on us being thugs means I don't know what it means to be a husker fan?

You're so off base with your rants that it's making you look foolish. How does an accidental late hit make us all look like thugs? Your agenda here is becoming more and more clear.

Get off your high horse, or better yet, fall off it and hurt yourself. Then go blame it on Asante.

When I get off my "high horse" can I help you pull your head out of that same horse's....?

I give it till tonight or tomorrow until this guy is banned

:snacks:

I know I am opening myself up for attacks from Husker fans that are just glad we are winning again, but I say you are not TRUE Husker fans if you condone the conduct of Bo Pelini and Larry Asante.

I am VERY disappointed in Bo Pelini for not doing something about Larry Asante playing like a thug for the second week in a row. I hate Oklahoma and I hate KU, but I love football and there is not place for thuggish play like the celebration over injuring a OU player after making a dirty hit and then the hit on the KU quarterback was just downright dirty. We want winning football and Nebraska but not at the cost of becoming a Miami like group of thugs. I was hoping that, even though Pelini came from the Les Miles staff that he would show more class than Miles does...I guess I was wrong, he is showing himself to be just as classless. Come on Pelini, DO SOMETHING ABOUT LARRY ASANTE.

You're a weenie.

do I lock this thread?????hmmmmmm

Everyone needs to follow the rulz. Give your opinion of the post not the poster. That goes for the pro's and con's(thugs) :)

No more name calling please.

GBR

I think it should be locked because the troll posted an outright falsehood about Mangino filing a complaint to the Big XII about Asante as reported by ESPN. I just called him out on it, and now all we hear is the sound of crickets chirping.

If ESPN remotely farts something about Nebraska football I will know it, because I have alerts linked to my computer and CrackBerry. Come to think of it, it's kind of sad, but I digress. I really need a hobby... <_<

...If ESPN remotely farts something about Nebraska football I will know it, because I have alerts linked to my computer and CrackBerry. Come to think of it, it's kind of sad, but I digress. I really need a hobby... <_<

Crackberry? :laughpoundfrankenberry.jpg

The Blackshirts in the 90's were known as one of the dirtiest teams in america............

Under Osborne..........

Funny how winning clouds some memories..........

Wha?

I sure don't remember them being dirty..maybe off the field, but I remember those Blackshirts hitting hard, but not getting penalized much..Most opposing fans I've conversed with just seem to think we should've played a tougher schedule..as in more NFL teams and less top-10 ncaa teams.

...Lots of comments on this board questioning Reesing's toughness. He's not a running QB, but he made some nice runs, and the slides are what that type of QB do so they won't get hurt. It's smart play, and takes advantage of the rules. It'd be stupid to try for another yard or two and risk injury, especially at his size.

You are right..But it still makes me wish you could hit the guy harder when he steps out of bounds to avoid contact...or hit him even "more harder" if he slides..makes me madder than watching a kick-dog scoot across the carpet. :ahhhhhhhh

I have already stated that during the OU hit I though Asante was over celebratory. But in no way do I believe that he knew he had caused an injury. How could you even claim that when you are purely making an assumption... and we all know the saying behind that!

And I don't see you throwing Suh under the bus. Suh has been penalized for late hits as well... his explanation is that once you are in that momentum, it's nearly impossible to stop. The hit, although it was late, was not illegal in the manner that it hit the QB. It was not helmet to helmet and therefore required only the 15 yard penalty that was received. That doesn't make me any less of a Husker fan for feeling this way. You have your opinions, and I have mine. End of story.

As far as winning our NC off of "women beaters and career criminals"... Well it's sad that a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch in your memory. There were some less than shining moments from a few, but the rest were a solid group of guys that played respectably. So don't lump them all into the same category. And I know of one "woman beater" but who were the "career criminals"?