Early Line for the K-State Game

dbetz23

Getting blown out by Missouri at home can do that to a spread.

I'm not saying I think Nebraska will win this one by a landslide, but you have to like our chances. Our offense is finally being productive, our defense is still the best defense we have had in years (I give them some leeway for Saturday because of having to defend 87 plays against OU and then another 80 against KU), Helu appears to be dealing with his shoulder injury well, and we finally have a quarterback who is making big plays for us again.

K-State is a run first football team that has over-achieved to say the least this year, so I give him a lot of credit. However, they still lack game-changing playmakers. They have Banks and their pretty talented running back. I saw a stat Saturday that said something like Banks and the running back have accounted for 61% of the offensive touches this year. That is crazy.

You find a way to control those guys and you win this game big time. Their defense has been solid at times and porous/embarrassing at others. It will be interesting to see which defense for them shows up.

Point spread is probably a bit higher than what the final score will show, imho.