Best fans, worst fans, favorite stadiusm, and more

Colorado is our rival, no matter what we say.

No, no matter what Colorado says, they're not our rival. They can't force us to take them as our rival. True rivalries are two-way streets.

Mention one team you want to beat worse than Coloroado. Name one team that shows less respect to our program.

Oklahoma, and it's not even close. 56.2% of those responding to the SI poll agree, too. Further, interacting with Sooners fans when they were here in Lincoln, I heard several times how they miss the yearly "rivalry." And looking at the results in the SI poll, going by your logic our "rival" is also Iowa State, since most of their fans chose Nebraska as their "rival."

Mention one team you have less respect for.

Respect's got nothing to do with it.

The fact that their season revolves around beating Nebraska has legs.

"Has legs?" What does that mean? Who cares if their season revolves around beating us? So does the season of Kansas State and Iowa State. That doesn't make them our rivals.

Currently it is the game that most on heree want to win no matter what happens during the season.

I think most everyone here would agree that it's more important to beat KSU this year than Colorado. What do we get if we beat Colorado? An atta-boy? Beat KSU and you're the undisputed victors in the North. Beating Colorado rarely means anything of substance, and it doesn't mean more to us than beating Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri or K-State.

Beating Colorado every year is paramount to our closing the season as sucessful.

At Nebraska our goal is to win every game, every season. There's nothing special about beating Colorado. It's just another win.

And no matter how many years you go back, Oklahoma never considered us their rival. We were the second teir game behind Texas, it has been that way for ever.

You should actually talk to an Oklahoma fan. They miss playing us every year. They don't like this every two year schedule. And they've always wanted to beat Texas, but until the advent of the Big XII, it didn't mean anything more than border state bragging rights. In the Big 8, beating Nebraska meant playing for a shot at the National Championship. So "forever" apparently only goes back about 15 years or so...

Ask any Oklahoma or Texas fan who they want to beat worse than anyone. You will never hear the name Nebraska.

True. NOW. But this being true doesn't make Colorado our rival.

Ask any Nebraska or Colorado fan who they want to beat, you get your answer if it is a rivalry or not.

You're asking the wrong question. Ask a Nebraska fan who they'd rather play, and you get your answer.

The OU-NU rivalry has been not-so-entertaining since I can remember (but I'm only 20). The games against CU always seem to be closer and get people more angry. Just sayin.... I think the past is just that, the past. OU used to be the top rival but CU is becoming more and more of a rival.

someone made a good point though, if we are just going to suck then it won't matter, let's say if Mizzou can be consistant and Nebraska can return to former glory then I think you might see that develop more, we'll see after next week when I get a new coach....lol