Officiating

epocSoN

My point was that this year above all others, the officiating has been worse and worse week after week. The Lee hit should not have been called. He led with his shoulder and got hit pretty much exactly as he stepped out.

How are players suppose to tackle again? I'm just fed up watching the refs protect the QBs. Zac said himself that he let up before he hit the sideline, and opened himself up for the hit. This stuff makes me sick.

Epoc, thanks for that cap. I thought Lee might have still been in bounds when he was hit.

I look at this hit much like Asante's hit on Reesing - in the split second you have to make the decision, it's awfully hard to stop your body. Lee could just as easily cut upfield instead of going out of bounds, and then that defender looks like a chump for giving up another 10 yards.

No way. Lee was heading out. He wasn't even looking up field anymore. I wouldn't have complained if it was one of our guys making the hit on their qb in that situation. Plus you lead with your hands not your shoulder.

No peewee, middle school, high school, college, or pro football coach has EVER taught a player to lead with their hands. You put your helmet on the ball, or put your shoulder in their chest.

We got some gifts in this game--especially when it came to some ball spots. I don't remember the last time we got such favorable officiating. I just kept watching and thinking "Wow, that was a good spot" or "Geez, KSU got screwed there." I'm not complaining. I guess we were due. :dunno

Remember the spot that K-State got on the 4th down? They received some gifts too. The K-St. O-line was holding like crazy too.

No way. Lee was heading out. He wasn't even looking up field anymore. I wouldn't have complained if it was one of our guys making the hit on their qb in that situation. Plus you lead with your hands not your shoulder.

No peewee, middle school, high school, college, or pro football coach has EVER taught a player to lead with their hands. You put your helmet on the ball, or put your shoulder in their chest.

You're kidding right? A player is heading toward the sideline so you shove him out of bounds with the closest body part you have near the player....your arm! :facepalm: