Ricky Thenarse

redout22

Just wondering but was Rickey Thenarse celebrated on senior night last night? I don't remember his name getting called at all which is weird since he is a senior. Also since Nebraska won the North and will play 14 games doesn't that mean he can come back next year via medical redshirt because he played in less than 30% of the games?

Just wondering but was Rickey Thenarse celebrated on senior night last night? I don't remember his name getting called at all which is weird since he is a senior. Also since Nebraska won the North and will play 14 games doesn't that mean he can come back next year via medical redshirt because he played in less than 30% of the games?

They never called out his name. Im guessing that they are pretty sure he will be back to not call his name with the other seniors.

• 4 weeks later...

I am pretty sure that prior to the KSU game (senior day) that I either read or heard that Thenarse was going to be back so he wouldn't be part of senior day. I think the coaches must be almost certain that he will get hardship......(did he redshirt....or did BC play him as a true frosh)....but I'm pretty sure they talked about a medical.

* thing is , you never know what the NCAA will do, but this one is fairly cut and dry in comparison to typical medical hardships. My bet is he is back.

* I was surprised that no one has been mentioning him about replacing our Safeties next year.

I know that I haven't read every message. I just haven't seen him mentioned when people talk about replacing the seniorswe lose. It appears that the earlier people who posted also haven't read every post.

I am glad to hear that you and others have mentioned him, because I really think that he might be better than the guys that played this year.

Not to deminish what Asante and O'Hanlan (sp) have done, hell, both all Big 12 honors.....I just have a feeling that Ricky was ready to step up this year.

Very true about the injury. In fact, it seems to be more negative than positive when guys do return......no stats too back that up, just sayin...

But, didn't Suh have shoulder surgery early in his career? But, he did have more than a year to reach full speed again.