Burkhead should be the new starting RB

Cmon Gixxer, give Rex some credit. AngryHusker is justified in what he said about Rex... He runs hard and hits the holes with conviction, which is exactly what we need in the kind of offense we run. He is also very shifty and also seems to just always fall forward to gain a few extra yards. I feel bad for Rex because he's had several runs this year where he's been one good move from taking it in for a long six. Roy seems the same way.

I just think he's way way over-rated. He's too small to smash people like Rozier and Phillips and guys like that did. He can't block either because he's too small. He does not have a great burst of speed needed to outrun the defense or bust thru a small hole. Helu's a little better but not much. And with Burkhead's small size he's gonna get injured over and over again as he has already shown. Sorry but we need somebody way better, bigger, stronger and faster than that dude...

Alright you've got a point. Rex is too small to run people over. I think he has shown very nice burst, however, being a good north-south runner at the very least. Let's remember people... he may not be the second coming of Ahman Green, Rozier, or LP. But he might be very good for us. It is too soon to tell. He is only a true freshman and playing in one of the premier conferences in the nation. That is a tough jump to make. Hopefully, blocking and everything else will improve as he matures, and he will just become more comfortable doing what it is he does. He'll develop a better feel for what do, what cut to make in a certain situation. Although he is not huge. he reminds me of another NU RB who was not all that big... anybody love them some Pork Chop like I do? :corndance They both may be smaller, but they play with ALOT of heart.

Helu Jr., Roy 12-12 207 1153 42 1111 5.4 10 63 92.6

Burkhead, Rex 7-0 47 239 4 235 5.0 2 16 33.6

Robinson, Dontrayevo 6-0 38 170 11 159 4.2 2 23 26.5

Helu has a higher ypc, more TD, and was voted 2nd team All-Big 12.

This argument and discussion is absolutely f'ing retarded.

That picture and caption goes far beyond mere poor taste. It represents just how sick our society has become.

Helu Jr., Roy 12-12 207 1153 42 1111 5.4 10 63 92.6

Burkhead, Rex 7-0 47 239 4 235 5.0 2 16 33.6

Robinson, Dontrayevo 6-0 38 170 11 159 4.2 2 23 26.5

Helu has a higher ypc, more TD, and was voted 2nd team All-Big 12.

This argument and discussion is absolutely f'ing retarded.

That picture and caption goes far beyond mere poor taste. It represents just how sick our society has become.

No kidding. I cannot even believe that was posted. As someone who volunteers working with disabled kids, I can tell you they have way more heart than people that think that kind of a post is entertaining or humorous. Stick to sports.

Cmon Gixxer, give Rex some credit. AngryHusker is justified in what he said about Rex... He runs hard and hits the holes with conviction, which is exactly what we need in the kind of offense we run. He is also very shifty and also seems to just always fall forward to gain a few extra yards. I feel bad for Rex because he's had several runs this year where he's been one good move from taking it in for a long six. Roy seems the same way.

I just think he's way way over-rated. He's too small to smash people like Rozier and Phillips and guys like that did. He can't block either because he's too small. He does not have a great burst of speed needed to outrun the defense or bust thru a small hole. Helu's a little better but not much. And with Burkhead's small size he's gonna get injured over and over again as he has already shown. Sorry but we need somebody way better, bigger, stronger and faster than that dude...

Sorry dude, but your speakin crazy talk...don't talk about things when you haven't even begin to see what he is capable of. They ran him 9 times on a draw when the defense new exactly what was coming. He managed to get 55 yards and a td to put the game away. Put him out in space and he will show you what he is capable of. I promise he will prove you so wrong over the next 3 years...and maybe even this Sat. <_<

Alright you've got a point. Rex is too small to run people over. I think he has shown very nice burst, however, being a good north-south runner at the very least. Let's remember people... he may not be the second coming of Ahman Green, Rozier, or LP. But he might be very good for us. It is too soon to tell. He is only a true freshman and playing in one of the premier conferences in the nation. That is a tough jump to make. Hopefully, blocking and everything else will improve as he matures, and he will just become more comfortable doing what it is he does. He'll develop a better feel for what do, what cut to make in a certain situation. Although he is not huge. he reminds me of another NU RB who was not all that big... anybody love them some Pork Chop like I do? :corndance They both may be smaller, but they play with ALOT of heart.

Cory Ross was 10x the RB Rex Burkhead is! Maybe if he had played HS football in the metroplex he might get a little more respect around here.

Cory Ross was 10x the RB Rex Burkhead is! Maybe if he had played HS football in the metroplex he might get a little more respect around here.

Corey was OK, I like the RB's that play with heart, you just cannot measure that.

Get Helu health and NU will have a great combo at RB, and do not forget about Trey Robinson

Corey was OK, I like the RB's that play with heart, you just cannot measure that.

Get Helu health and NU will have a great combo at RB, and do not forget about Trey Robinson

I'm a big fan of Trey. I've followed our recruiting actively since the 2008 (RS Frosh/True Soph) lass. I admit, when we got a commitment from Trey last year, I was unsure what to make of it. Bigger kid from a powerhouse in the heart of Texas. Not a flashy five star guy who was the focal point of his team's offense and a blue chip gamechanging recruit. I remember people questioning everything about him, from his ball carrier vision, to his acceleration, to his top end speed, to his cutting ability... and so on and so forth.

He proved me wrong in what little time he was given this season. I thought (minus the boneheaded frosh mistake fumble vs. ISU), Trey ran very hard, punished defenders, and could develop nicely into a new rumbler back for us. It is too bad we had to burn his redshirt for such little playing time. I have a feeling a few years down the road, we may talk about him and his burnt redshirt much like we do now with Niles.

Wha? Are saying Ross didn't run with heart? That guy was all heart! While I don't deny Burkheads potential, I do think he has a LOT to prove before he is elevated to the "all time Husker greats" category. A group which Cory Ross is most definitely a member of.