Will Watson reveal any new plays next weekend?

Nexus

Surely he has a few trick plays stashed away for Texas, right?

I wish Watson would rip some of those trick plays that Auburn used against Alabama during the 1st quarter. That was exciting as hell to watch even though they fell short in the end, but they played with a lot of heart and executed those trick plays well.

Thoughts?

:dunno I think everybody should scribble something down and send it to Watson.

Seriously, he has to try something next week, I have been hopeing for a pitch to Burkhead and pass to Paul streaking down the sidelines(Burkhead played some QB at Plano)

I just want to see something materialize that we haven't ran yet this year. More importantly, run with perfect execution.

I just want the playbook to be more versatile next weekend, instead of the usual.

I wish Watson would rip some of those trick plays that Auburn used against Alabama during the 1st quarter. That was exciting as hell to watch even though they fell short in the end, but they played with a lot of heart and executed those trick plays well.

Thoughts?

Seriously, he has to try something next week, I have been hopeing for a pitch to Burkhead and pass to Paul streaking down the sidelines(Burkhead played some QB at Plano)

I just want to see something materialize that we haven't ran yet this year. More importantly, run with perfect execution.

I just want the playbook to be more versatile next weekend, instead of the usual.

I hope so to, but I fear 2 runs and a pass will be the rule for the first series next weekend

That equals three and out

Thoughts?

I hope so to, but I fear 2 runs and a pass will be the rule for the first series next weekend

I hope you're wrong. If only we could pull off what Auburn did yesterday in the 1st quarter against Bama, that'd be more in tune with what I had in mind.

Thoughts?

Still better then the last time Nebraska was in the championship game. INT for td Oklahoma.

Thoughts?

i do not want to see that either, but lately we have been better on converting 3rd downs with a pass, short to midrange. we will probably play conservative and fight for every yard we can get and take up as much time as we can.

Thoughts?

i do not want to see that either, but lately we have been better on converting 3rd downs with a pass, short to midrange. we will probably play conservative and fight for every yard we can get and take up as much time as we can.

It's not far-fetched to think that he'll gauge his play calling according to how well our D is doing. In other words, if our D is giving UT troubles, then he'll likely call a conservative game plan. Otherwise if their O is giving our D fits, then he'll open it up more.

Thoughts?

It's not far-fetched to think that he'll gauge his play calling according to how well our D is doing. In other words, if our D is giving UT troubles, then he'll likely call a conservative game plan. Otherwise if their O is giving our D fits, then he'll open it up more.

i think that is exactly right, i think since ISU that has been the case. it makes sense for any team, but especially with our defense, which can pretty much win the game for us if we get a lead.

Thoughts?

i think that is exactly right, i think since ISU that has been the case. it makes sense for any team, but especially with our defense, which can pretty much win the game for us if we get a lead.

Special teams also has to continue being "special" next weekend. I have a feeling UT will try and block Henery on punts to prevent getting pinned down inside the 10.

I think Rex having a big day against the Buffs really opens some things up. I think Texas is going to try to swarm when Rex has the ball because he fights so much and they will want to strip the ball if he won't go down. Don't forget Rex was a QB in highschool for a year. He was a much better runner than passer, but he can still throw the ball. I really think that if the coaches see the opening they will take it. You've got to think they have practiced this play all year when they have a RB who has a good arm. I say if we have the lead we will be conservative, but if we are behind and really struggling to move the ball I expect to see this play called.

Completely agree, watson has his 4-7 plays he runs over and over. We are fairly predictable and its kinda sad actually.

Weren't the Osborne coached Huskers fairly predictable? I'm not isolating your opinions by any means here, but it seems that a lot of the board takes the "We need less plays! Focus on execution!" attitude and the "Our offense is too predictable" attitude a lot.

They are pretty dang close to opposites, so pick one, and stop complaining about both.

They aren't opposites at all. You can have a lot less plays and still be unpredictable. And no Osborne was very unpredictable...yeah we were known as an option team but we did that only 25 percent of the time. We could also check to the FB and there were quite a few reads the QB had to make when we ran the option. It could go to the FB, pitch to the HB, or the QB could cut it up the field. Not too mention the option pass, reverses, and misdirections we did. Osborne set plays up very well, but we also had a knack for reading the defense and changing our run plays to the D's weak point. And if the osborne coached teams were so predictable how do you explain the scoring explosion we had with Gill, Rozier, and Fryar? Not to mention the 90's when we were still putting up 60 points on teams. Oh and I am not giving you crap or anything General Blackshirt cause you are a good guy...just talking some football with you so dont take it the wrong way.

Oh and I have to say something about Legate...that kid should be in the whole game!! He is a beast of a blocker and everytime we had a good run it was because of him. When we went to a single back, even with a double tight set, we couldn't do a thing. But when we had Legate in...he would spring our RB free for an extra 5 or 6 yards. That is what Watson should be doing if he wants to run the ball. Just pound the ball with a fullback lead blocking, playaction off of that, and mix in a few tosses and counters but keep Legate in for those too! As far as our game with Texas though...we need to score, because Texas will get some points. I don't really care how they do it, but we need to put some points up anyway we can. Still Legate is crucial for us to be successful running the ball...mix that in with rex and helu and their ability to get yards and I bet we will have a good day running against Texas...not great but good.