Will Watson reveal any new plays next weekend?

Nexus

Surely he has a few trick plays stashed away for Texas, right?

I wish Watson would rip some of those trick plays that Auburn used against Alabama during the 1st quarter. That was exciting as hell to watch even though they fell short in the end, but they played with a lot of heart and executed those trick plays well.

Thoughts?

Completely agree, watson has his 4-7 plays he runs over and over. We are fairly predictable and its kinda sad actually.

Weren't the Osborne coached Huskers fairly predictable? I'm not isolating your opinions by any means here, but it seems that a lot of the board takes the "We need less plays! Focus on execution!" attitude and the "Our offense is too predictable" attitude a lot.

They are pretty dang close to opposites, so pick one, and stop complaining about both.

Completely agree, watson has his 4-7 plays he runs over and over. We are fairly predictable and its kinda sad actually.

That's my concern. I don't want us to be so predictable next weekend. We can't afford to keep going 3 & out. Our D needs all the rest it can get.

I guess the real question is, can the offense execute the trick plays properly if we do run them?

Weren't the Osborne coached Huskers fairly predictable? I'm not isolating your opinions by any means here, but it seems that a lot of the board takes the "We need less plays! Focus on execution!" attitude and the "Our offense is too predictable" attitude a lot.

They are pretty dang close to opposites, so pick one, and stop complaining about both.

I feel like we need to run the power running game offense, or the Rex Coast offense whatever you want to call it. I do also think that the boot leg is a great play but running it 8-10 times a game and then trying to do that every week is going to eventually get to vanilla and not produce. We need to throw some different plays in there mayb some misdirection. Running the option with Lee is a bad idea, not because he can't run but because hes not used to running it and he doesn't do it all that well. I understand running it sets up the option pass which is a great play. I feel like we just need a bit more variety and need to be less predictable...

I feel like we need to run the power running game offense, or the Rex Coast offense whatever you want to call it. I do also think that the boot leg is a great play but running it 8-10 times a game and then trying to do that every week is going to eventually get to vanilla and not produce. We need to throw some different plays in there mayb some misdirection. Running the option with Lee is a bad idea, not because he can't run but because hes not used to running it and he doesn't do it all that well. I understand running it sets up the option pass which is a great play. I feel like we just need a bit more variety and need to be less predictable...

I'll be the happiest NU fan on the planet if we dump the fluffball wco for a power running game. Please God, tell me we will!!

I'll be the happiest NU fan on the planet if we dump the fluffball wco for a power running game. Please God, tell me we will!!

GOD HERE......WE WILL :sarcasm

if we can keep it at three and short, i think we will be able to play power football with some passes thrown in; Lee made some pretty good passes today to convert third downs. i also think we will see some new stuff to keep UT's 'd' honest. some long passes on 3rd and short. i think we may have played conservatively today to just get out with a win.

If we establish the run i will be so happy. I just want for us to shove the ball down their throat and not give up any big plays.

i think the key is for Wats to watch the UT/aTm footage over and over again. they knew what they were doing and it was more than just passion and emotion, UT was out-schemed, but the talent difference was just too much, especially with aTm's weak 'd,' however valiant they played.

If we establish the run i will be so happy. I just want for us to shove the ball down their throat and not give up any big plays.

i think the key is for Wats to watch the UT/aTm footage over and over again. they knew what they were doing and it was more than just passion and emotion, UT was out-schemed, but the talent difference was just too much, especially with aTm's weak 'd,' however valiant they played.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. Plus it wouldn't hurt if Watson could get his hands on the 1st quarter of the Auburn/Alabama game for added inspiration considering Alabama ranks #1 in total defense. Auburn had them guys rattled early in the game. Alabama had no idea what to expect next.

seriously...i've seen a high school offense better than that...we keep running the same play over a and over again...it's getting to the point where it's not working anymore because teams have seen it again and again..i'm not sayin we need to run a thousand different plays or anything...but ...geez!!!..total lack of imagination...watson need to stop babying them so much...we'd be lucky to score 3 points against texas if watson goes into the game with the mindset of playing not to lose ...time to let it all hang out wats!!!!