Upset Saturday............

Apathy

The whole "trap game for Texas" happened last week. I don't think we will see a similar performance from them this game.

but it could be a 'trap' game in that the pressure of losing causes UT to lose, that have a lot to lose. it is not like 'Bama and UF where it will be like a national championship, if this game is close UT will be overshadowed by everything they have to lose when they thought it would be a stroll to the NC. not going to the NC, the embarrassment of losing to a down NU, all the hype, the heisman... that all adds up in the psyche.

I always thought that a "trap game" was overlooking your current "weaker" opponent in order to play a game like you just described. Texas loses this game and they don't win the Big 12, don't go to the MNC title game and McCoy loses the Heisman. With regards to the latter, it isn't in the bag quite yet. Colt will be looking to impress to overcome the Tebow love. I honestly don't think that they are Mapquesting which In-n-Out Burger is closest to the team hotel quite yet.

The a&m game was a fluke on a normally solid defense. Lee will not give us fits with his scrambling ability. IMO, your best shot is for your defense to force turnovers and give your O a short field to work with. FGs aren't going to cut it.

Another element for the trap game is looking ahead. There's nothing to look ahead to anytime soon. You said it yourself...there is too much at stake to overlook this game or not come in 100%. And whenever Texas comes into a game with a serious talent edge and with a sense of purpose, they usually end up destroying their opponent. My biggest concern is that for 3 weeks now our defensive pass rush hasn't been the same after the OU game and I just don't think our front 4 has much left in the tank.

If you go back to those poll numbers it all makes sense, Nebraska points to OU as their rival but not reciprocated, so Nebraska plays one of its best games of the year agains the Sooners and wins. Texas A&M points to Texas as their rivals and yet they are regarded as a red headed stepchild, the result was Texas was pushed to the end. Colorado points to Nebraska as their rival but not really reciprocated so Colorado kept the heat on Nebraska for most of the game. Rivalry games even if they are one sided are very unpredictable.

I'm not trying to sound like a downer or anything but the only way we'll be Texas is if our Defense comes to play and force turnovers for TD's. We will not beat Texas next week if we don't have any turnovers that results into TD's from our Defense.

Why do some people think we'll score 20+ points against Texas when we couldn't score more than 2 TD's against VT, TT, ISU, OU. Our Offense has struggled against some of the best defenses in College Football but they've also struggled against some of the worst defenses in the Big 12 (ISU, Kansas, CU). If our Offense doesn't come out next Saturday with their heads out of their rear ends we will lose this game in a fashsion that Mizzou did last year against OU.

Their are too many kool-aid drinkers out there that are not seeing the reality of what our Offense has been playing and the inconsistancy that can not move the chains and score TD's in the redzone when it matters.

toally agree!!!

I'm not trying to sound like a downer or anything but the only way we'll be Texas is if our Defense comes to play and force turnovers for TD's. We will not beat Texas next week if we don't have any turnovers that results into TD's from our Defense.

Why do some people think we'll score 20+ points against Texas when we couldn't score more than 2 TD's against VT, TT, ISU, OU. Our Offense has struggled against some of the best defenses in College Football but they've also struggled against some of the worst defenses in the Big 12 (ISU, Kansas, CU). If our Offense doesn't come out next Saturday with their heads out of their rear ends we will lose this game in a fashsion that Mizzou did last year against OU.

Their are too many kool-aid drinkers out there that are not seeing the reality of what our Offense has been playing and the inconsistancy that can not move the chains and score TD's in the redzone when it matters.

You were saying the same thing before the OU game too..That's funny

We'll have to get cheap scores off turnovers and ST's to eke out a W, at least a couple scores. We gotta do that and put the wood to McCoy. We gotta hit him(missed Hansen too many times), get consistent pressure, and keep him from gouging us with runs. That is a tall task but if we can take McCoys feet out of the equation it would go far.

This game against Texas looks awesome to me because I already consider this season a success. Nine wins in the regular season, a win over OU, and, for the second year, an ability to bounce back after disapointment and keep going toward a solid season.

The Big 12 title game will be great. I don't hate Texas and they have had a great year, so it won't bother me too much if we lose. Even if we get blasted. Texas is playing hot right now and is blasting a lot of folks. Look how many points they put up on TAMU.

If Nebraska plays close, that's even better. A win would be, well, euphoria.

And the bowl implications.

Lose and go to the Holiday Bowl, get a match up with Pete and USC and score a win....YES.

Win and go to the Fiesta to blast Boise, TCU or Iowa.

YES.

I look forward to Saturday and the Texas Longhorns. In order to be the champs, you have to be in the champ game. We are there, and, considering a history of close ones against Texas... ya just never know