Alex Henery, honorable mention as punter?

JTrain

here's your reason. this is like the coaches poll. coaches dont have the time to seriously look into this stuff (unless ballot name is hawkins, dan or mangino, mark), if they are even the one that actually votes. i wouldnt worry about it.

This is totally different then the Coaches Poll. Every team plays 8 different Big 12 teams (NU & Texas will have played 9) so the coaches have faced almost every team in the conference and more then likely the 3 teams they didn’t face they have seen tape of them.

PUNTS INSIDE THE 20:

1. Henery, 26

2. Harry, 21

2. Brandtner, 21

4. Quinn, 20

5. Erxleben, 17

First team punter Epperson had 13 and second-teamer Way had 15. I couldn't find stats for inside the 10 and inside the 5, but I'm sure Henery rivals anyone in the nation with those stats.

It's hard to judge punters based on any one stat because so much of it is contingent on the offense-- how many punts? How close to the opponent's goal are they planted? It really is one of those things you have to watch to understand-- I've never seen anything like Henery-- I'd say that in many cases, he's saved the Huskers' butts as often as our defense, usually giving the D a lot of room to work with and the opposing O very little. There might be 1 or 2 more games in the L column if it weren't for his punts.

here's your reason. this is like the coaches poll. coaches dont have the time to seriously look into this stuff (unless ballot name is hawkins, dan or mangino, mark), if they are even the one that actually votes. i wouldnt worry about it.

This is totally different then the Coaches Poll. Every team plays 8 different Big 12 teams (NU & Texas will have played 9) so the coaches have faced almost every team in the conference and more then likely the 3 teams they didn’t face they have seen tape of them.

really? if you asked Bo about his ballot, what kind of response do you think you would get? even teams we are playing, if he does refer to one particular standout player on the opposing team, a lot of the times its by number. you hear coaches do that all the time. tape or no tape, i'd like to think our coach doesnt give a flying monkey poo about his selection ballot. he's had more important things to focus on, how much time/thought, if any, would you expect him to have put into it? not much.