Watson ####canned...

If the University of Nebraska or Tom Osborne or whoever hired that loser Watson does not get rid of him immediately, then the Huskers will suck forever. What is wrong with the people in charge? Can't they see Watson has absolutely NO CLUE at all as to what the hell he is doing ? He could not coach a high school team for cripe sakes. He will be the ruination of the Huskers...

Of course, last year he saved our asses...

It's never 100% coaches, 100% players. Somewhere in between. Wats knows what he's doing. And that's the best he can, given the circumstances.

Barney will be the ruination of the Huskers...the problem isn't scheme, it's that we can't establish the trenches. No scheme will solve that problem.

it was just painful watching nu's offense this season..especially last night...i mean, any guy off the street coulda' call that game last night...i'd thought there be more misdirection plays called or a little more trickery...i'm tired of people sayin were not that talented on offense..maybe they're not all 5 star players but c'mon we're nebraska...we should be better than that on offense... it's not like we're some small division 2 school with no talent whatsoever...it's the offensive philosophy and the playcalling.. there's just no creativity and that's watson's job...our players are not put in the position to succeed...you give a school like cinncinatti our players on offense and they would be fine...WATSON HAS GOT TO GO

sigh, OC's can never win.

stick with the basics and it's not enough creativity, not enough passes, no misdirections. Watson must go.

be creative and it's trying to be too cute and finessy when we should just pound it up the middle without a 600-play playbook. Watson must go.

facepalm.

There are players that aren't being coached properly and who can't do their jobs...but as many have rehashed time and time again, those are the guys that are under Gilmore (WRs) and Cotton (OL). Watson can't do so much about that.

That was also the best defense we've faced all year, mind.

I dont think Watson is the total probem and getting rid of him may not solve what ails the offense. He is in a tough spot. But we did drop many passes, and 3 false starts inside the 10 isnt his fault.

Watson needs to go and Cotton with him. Been silent all season biting the tounge.

What has the offense has shown this season? Play calling and talent have been benched all year.

There is no amount of rationalizing the horrible scripting of plays, the lack of schemes to create mis matches with athleticsm is completely absent since the first 3 games.

If you believe we have not had many player mismatches that are simply not schemed, your not watching close enough. This Coordinator does not work up to the standards set by the defense, we have the talent but its riding the pine....hidden behind a mediocre offensive mind, that has shown the ability to scheme to lose.

Yes scheme to lose.......

Bring in Mangino....or someone who is is not from the callahan school of the bought and paid for.

Scott Frost would make an excellent position coach and you know he would not go against team goals.

I don't think Watson himself is the entire problem. His deranged fetish where he likes to watch Lee get smashed on the option never fails to palm my face, but zoogies is right about one thing. He's got staff issues. Major ones.

If Cotton got on a train tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough. One of Callahan's few perks was that he stacked that line. Last I checked we didn't have any transfers. That boils it down to coaching and injuries. Gilmore is his own sad story both in recruiting and coaching.

Kick the friggin ball into the end zone and Watson wouldn't even have 3 mesage board headlines about himself this morning. Pretty simple concept. Texas starts off on the 20 instead of the 42 and SUH and compnay kick their asses.

BINGO!!! I couldn't believe that Adi kicked that ball out of bounds, he's never done something like that. It came at a horrible point in the game where McCoy has about 1:44 left on the clock to win the game. Then Asante has the stupid personal foul penalty to add another 15 yards to the play. Those two penalties killed us, but we had so many opportunities to win this game and didn't do it. If Niles Paul makes that catch and the ball isn't knocked loose we possibly score a TD, if, if, if. Bottom line, it's over, time for a bowl game.

As offensive as the offense's performance has been lately, I have to trust in Bo and Tom doing what they feel is best for the program at this point. Namely, if our offense is as fundamentally flawed (as some make it out to be), Bo and Tom will make changes. Bo is not new to football, he has worked in the pros and taken college teams to division titles & national championships. Tom as been around the block a few times too. They see what is happening just as well as we do. Have some trust.

And even if you want to pick apart the play-calling for lack of creativity, do not forget that our coaches have already clearly expressed that we are not afraid to use power sets - gaining few to no yards, protecting a lead at all costs (or slim margin), running clock, controlling field position, avoiding turnovers, and getting the defense back on the field to make plays.

Also, in the offense's defense, compared to spring practice this year, we have lost: Our co #1 RB (Castille), arguably our best OL (Javario), and our 1 and 3 QBs (Witt and Spano). Any coach is going to struggle with that situation.

I dont think Watson is the total probem and getting rid of him may not solve what ails the offense. He is in a tough spot. But we did drop many passes, and 3 false starts inside the 10 isnt his fault.

Watson needs to go and Cotton with him. Been silent all season biting the tounge.

What has the offense has shown this season? Play calling and talent have been benched all year.

There is no amount of rationalizing the horrible scripting of plays, the lack of schemes to create mis matches with athleticsm is completely absent since the first 3 games.

If you believe we have not had many player mismatches that are simply not schemed, your not watching close enough. This Coordinator does not work up to the standards set by the defense, we have the talent but its riding the pine....hidden behind a mediocre offensive mind, that has shown the ability to scheme to lose.

Yes scheme to lose.......

Bring in Mangino....or someone who is is not from the callahan school of the bought and paid for.

Scott Frost would make an excellent position coach and you know he would not go against team goals.

right on..