Stop Just STOP with the excuses!

Husker66

Stop with all the excuses! stop with ll the bitching and whining. Get over it. I am hurting as much as anyone but lets put it in perspective(later in this thread) and move on . now on the excuses....

Excuse:officials throwing the game

The officials weren't paid off, they aren't aweful on purpose. I know one of those officials and have spent a lot of time with him. he doesn't get "paid off." there wasn't a "lets get TU into the NC game" thing going on. for crying out loud, they get scored by the league a hundred ways from sunday by monday morning with video and a written grade/report by their peers, which then moves these guys closer to or farther from the door or going to the NFL. no official is trying to throw the game. these guys are trying to do their job like we do monday through friday. maybe a mistake here and there, but they are human. but no one is trying to throw the game. this is rediculous. the best of the best get the conference and NC games.

Excuse : bad PI call

I thought it was, and yeah they got 3 points out of it...but maybe the call doesn't get made, they punt inside deep in out territory and lee fumbles in the red zone TU gets a TD ...who knows!

Excuse:Adi costs us the game.

no he didn't he was trying like hell to kick it into the end zone and just came over the top ot it by 1/2". execution error plain and simple. he has been a great part of this team all season. he kicked balls into the back of the enzone and TU couldn't run the ball out.....

Excuse: the clock should not have been reset.

I see in the rules where it should have been, or maybe not. seemed fair to me at the time. my guess is Bo will drop his argument when he see's the tape. it doesnt matter though...

Excuse: Watson has to go

where was all of this last year? Watson didn't have @#$t to work with this year. in the middle of the season we were all saying..run up the middle, start passing to our TE's. etc. Do you suppose Watson came on huskerboard and said, "geeze, these guys are right! what a great idea Ill get right on that!" No. he had Brukhead out, Helu hurt, a QB that panned out nothing like people thought he would, and Castille kicked of the team. he had no tools to do his job. I would have hated to be him with those tools. doesnt mean there arent better, but he had little to work with.

Putting it into perspective:

My point to all of this is.... none of this matters. . when this program gets to a point where none of this matters , then we will be back, going to NC's! And the good news is I think we are a few years away with a young coach who may end up better than TO. I think 5 years from now, we will look back and say the 09 team was the foundation.

it has been an unbelievable transformation and if we get a few things fixed, we will be in the hunt for the next 25 years. yeah we have huge problems on offense, but guys, Bo hasn't been here 2 years yet. his initial charge was get the defense fixed. I think we and the entire sporting world can agree that has been accomplished. Hell, I just hope he doesn't go back to Ohio state some day.

the Big 12 North looks like it is lining back up to where it used to be(assuming Gill doesnt go to KS) with NU dominating and MU, KU, CU etc playing for second. These are losses that will build character .Last night woke a lot of people up around the country to the fact the NU is coming back and fast. I like where we are headed. now back to the hurting part...

Stop with all the excuses! stop with ll the bitching and whining. Get over it. I am hurting as much as anyone but lets put it in perspective(later in this thread) and move on . now on the excuses....

Excuse:officials throwing the game

The officials weren't paid off, they aren't aweful on purpose. I know one of those officials and have spent a lot of time with him. he doesn't get "paid off." there wasn't a "lets get TU into the Big 12 game" thing going on. for crying out loud, they get scored by the league a hundred ways from sunday by monday morning with video and a written grade/report by their peers, which then moves these guys closer to or farther from the door or going to the NFL. no official is trying to throw the game. these guys are trying to do their job like we do monday through friday. maybe a mistake here and there, but they are human. but no one is trying to throw the game. this is rediculous. the best of the best get the conference and NC games.

Excuse : bad PI call

I thought it was, and yeah they got 3 points out of it...but maybe the call doesn't get made, they punt inside deep in out territory and lee fumbles in the red zone TU gets a TD ...who knows!

Excuse:Adi costs us the game.

no he didn't he was trying like hell to kick it into the end zone and just came over the top ot it by 1/2". execution error plain and simple. he has been a great part of this team all season. he kicked balls into the back of the enzone and TU couldn't run the ball out.....

Excuse: the clock should not have been reset.

I see in the rules where it should have been, or maybe not. seemed fair to me at the time. my guess is Bo will drop his argument when he see's the tape. it doesnt matter though...

Excuse: Watson has to go

where was all of this last year? Watson didn't have @#$t to work with this year. in the middle of the season we were all saying..run up the middle, start passing to our TE's. etc. Do you suppose Watson came on huskerboard and said, "geeze, these guys are right! what a great idea Ill get right on that!" No. he had Brukhead out, Helu hurt, a QB that panned out nothing like people thought he would, and Castille kicked of the team. he had no tools to do his job. I would have hated to be him with those tools. doesnt mean there arent better, but he had little to work with.

Putting it into perspective:

My point to all of this is.... none of this matters. . when this program gets to a point where none of this matters , then we will be back, going to NC's! And the good news is I think we are a few years away with a young coach who may end up better than TO. I think 5 years from now, we will look back and say the 09 team was the foundation.

it has been an unbelievable transformation and if we get a few things fixed, we will be in the hunt for the next 25 years. yeah we have huge problems on offense, but guys, Bo hasn't been here 2 years yet. his initial charge was get the defense fixed. I think we and the entire sporting world can agree that has been accomplished. Hell, I just hope he doesn't go back to Ohio state some day.

the Big 12 North looks like it is lining back up to where it used to be(assuming Gill doesnt go to KS) with NU dominating and MU, KU, CU etc playing for second. These are losses that will build character .Last night woke a lot of people up around the country to the fact the NU is coming back and fast. I like where we are headed. now back to the hurting part...

I agree. It was a good game that could have gone either way, we lost, it sucks. But the future is bright.

The Huskers brought their A game and played their hearts out. It was a close game and that is naturally going to lead to extreme disappointment and bitterness. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be butt hurt had the end result been different.

That said, Texas was 2-3 James Kirkendoll dropped passes from nearly covering the spread. The refs also goofed big time when they blew the kickoff dead at the 1 when Goodwin slipped to the ground. He didn't have possession of the ball at the time. There were flubs and missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. That's the nature of football.

The Huskers brought their A game and played their hearts out. It was a close game and that is naturally going to lead to extreme disappointment and bitterness. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be butt hurt had the end result been different.

That said, Texas was 2-3 James Kirkendoll dropped passes from nearly covering the spread. The refs also goofed big time when they blew the kickoff dead at the 1 when Goodwin slipped to the ground. He didn't have possession of the ball at the time. There were flubs and missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. That's the nature of football.

I wonder, would all the Texas fans be posting here had that punt been blocked? :unsure: No disrespect of course.

we're just fans on teh internets. what the hell else is there to do? I'd be worried if this was what our coaches and players were saying but I don't remember reading any rules against this for fans.

"what the hell else is there to do?" with the weather changing I am going deer hunting in North Central KS for the next 3 days! :thumbs:horns2:wasted:woo:nanalama

... I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be butt hurt had the end result been different.

I wonder, would all the Texas fans be posting here had that punt been blocked? :unsure: No disrespect of course.

I can't speak for others, but I would have stopped by to congratulate you all. It's only polite after having a few discussions with some of you in the week leading up to the game.

"Stop the excuses" thread which makes mindless excuses for our offense.

Makes sense.

Oh no, the offense is bad and it will get fixed. Bo is shouldering the blame for the offense and will get it fixed. Bo has control of that and can fix that. we all know where those problems lie. Like anything in life, you have to take blame for the good and bad and overcome what you cannot control by being better than the sum of the stuff you can't control.

We are headed there! I love what I see. all of this reminds me of the period right before 94 where we were just so close and then bam! 3 NC, 4 NC games in 5 years. unfinished business! doesnt mean we are going to win 3 NC, but we are going to become a prominent, relevant program again

The refs were right to blow that dead, you can't fumble forward to yourself and then be the first person to pick up and advance the ball. That is why you cant fumble forward and make the ball go out of bounds to get a first down. It is a rule, it has always been a rule. You dont see it to much because most players dont try to do it.

The UT WR that dropped some passes, well, lets face it, that is just part of the game, if Kinnie gets a foot down in the endzone NU wins easy. Or if the last kick off doesnt take a wicked bounce OB then UT probably doesnt score on that drive. That is the fun part of the game though, you can always play the wishes and buts card.

It was a great game and it is great to see, from an NU fans standpoint, that the Skers have the players to compete with a team that routinly has a top ranked class and that they have the coaches to outcoach other teams.