You guys earned a lot of respect last night.

TrumanBD

I still haven't made up my mind whether there was really 1 second left on the clock, but in any event, I think a lot of things in this conference favor the south, and that pisses me off. It would have been nice to see a north team win last night.

Beyond actual outcome of the game, you guys earned a lot of respect last night and certainly set a tone that will have you favored to win the north again next year. If your defense stays that tough and you find some offense, you guys will be a very tough team next year. Its obvious Bo can coach the D.

Looking forward to our matchup in Lincoln next year!

There was time left, it was the right call. The ball hit with at least one, if not two, seconds left.

That was the right call. The process of getting to that right call may have been incorrect.

Bottom line - it's done. I'm over it, hopefully the team gets over it soon, and hopefully it motivates them in the bowl game. We're facing a pretty tough task in whomever we get from the Pac-10.

Truman, I'm being utterly truthful right now. The reality is that this defense could be better next year than it was this year. I'll provide a breakdown why I say that if you want, but that's the honest truth.

I don't necessarily doubt that. Suh is a big loss, but one of the things that may have been lost in this season, is that in year 2, Pelini is still working with a lot of kids that weren't his recruits. I don't know that I have ever seen a team do such an abrupt 180. A terrible D with a decent O to an awesome D with a paltry O in two years. I think that proves Bo is a great D coach.

Now somethings got to give to get some life into your O. I always wonder if part of the issue is a focus on recruiting D players rather than O players. I think my Tigers have the opposite problem, we recruit a lot of great O players, but not D players.

There was time left, it was the right call. The ball hit with at least one, if not two, seconds left.

That was the right call. The process of getting to that right call may have been incorrect.

Bottom line - it's done. I'm over it, hopefully the team gets over it soon, and hopefully it motivates them in the bowl game. We're facing a pretty tough task in whomever we get from the Pac-10.

I don't care about the process at a time like that. It's a game changing moment, you have to get the call right no matter what. If it takes letting the teams run out on the field before you can get your sh#t together and get things figured out, fine. Ideal, no, but they got the call right in the end. As much as I wanted to win, I would not want to win under the circumstances where Texas got screwed by them not allowing Texas to attempt the FG.

Truman, I'm being utterly truthful right now. The reality is that this defense could be better next year than it was this year. I'll provide a breakdown why I say that if you want, but that's the honest truth.

I don't necessarily doubt that. Suh is a big loss, but one of the things that may have been lost in this season, is that in year 2, Pelini is still working with a lot of kids that weren't his recruits. I don't know that I have ever seen a team do such an abrupt 180. A terrible D with a decent O to an awesome D with a paltry O in two years. I think that proves Bo is a great D coach.

Now somethings got to give to get some life into your O. I always wonder if part of the issue is a focus on recruiting D players rather than O players. I think my Tigers have the opposite problem, we recruit a lot of great O players, but not D players.

Our offense is a sad mix of coaching and personnel issues right now. Here's hoping for an offseason overhaul. Still, I think we've got enough gas in the tank to get to 10-4.

Well hell, give us the breakdown anyway. Something else to talk about besides one second and firing Watson.

We may not be back to our standards on both sides of the ball, but we sure are when the D is on the field. I was reliving the glory years last night with every one of our defensive series. It'd be cool to see that breakdown sometime. I'm tired of thinking about all of our troubles on O. Some good news is in order.

Well hell, give us the breakdown anyway. Something else to talk about besides one second and firing Watson.

Carl Pelini said the defense would be better next year. Our LBs will hopefully have more experience and maybe E. Martin steps up. Steinkuhler has looked legit toward the end of the season. With game experience Cameron Meredith could be better than Barry Turner. I think we will miss O' Hanalon and Asante, but Smith looks like a capable replacement to one of them. Hopefully we can move West or Hagg to the other safety spot. Our Corners are becoming lock down, can't even want to imagine how good Dennard and Amukamara will be after this year.

Not to mention they say Green and Ankrah were good enough to start this season. With the recruits from last years class and this year we may have depth along the front four.

Overall we will have more speed, and athletic ability on the field next year. If the kids work within the scheme they could be better.

I am not sure I am going to miss Asante. His bone headed play was one of the reasons they got into FG position last night. There is no doubt he can and wants to hit, but he is not the smartest player on the field at times.

Wow, stop this. Asante is the best DB we have had in a long time. Does everybody still blame him for the D two years ago and can't recognize how great he has become?

I hate to break it to you, but the Big 12 coach's did by voting him first team All Big 12. Come on man, horsecollar isn't dirty. It was a mistake. Adi Kunalic is the reason they got into FG range, if you must pick on a player pick on him. He has one job. ONE....and he failed at it that time.

I feel we should not blame anybody, get over it, and let's get ready for the Holiday Bowl.

I am not sure I am going to miss Asante. His bone headed play was one of the reasons they got into FG position last night. There is no doubt he can and wants to hit, but he is not the smartest player on the field at times.

The horsecollar was a boneheaded play, but not nearly as ugly as his hit on Reesing. As a Mizzou fan, I enjoyed seeing that little troll get hit, but in reality, I think he should have possibly been ejected for that.

Wow, stop this. Asante is the best DB we have had in a long time. Does everybody still blame him for the D two years ago and can't recognize how great he has become?

I hate to break it to you, but the Big 12 coach's did by voting him first team All Big 12. Come on man, horsecollar isn't dirty. It was a mistake. Adi Kunalic is the reason they got into FG range, if you must pick on a player pick on him. He has one job. ONE....and he failed at it that time.

I feel we should not blame anybody, get over it, and let's get ready for the Holiday Bowl.

No where in my post did I say he is a dirty player. I did say it was a bone headed play and I know he was doing everything he could to make a tackle. I have enjoyed Asante and what he brings to the table, but like I said, sometimes he is just not the smartest player out there...see Reesing hit. Their kicker must be one hell of a kicker b/c by your logic, he could kick a FG from his own 35! The pass play and added 15 yard penalty is what put them in FG position....don't blame anyone, but you just completely called Adi out in the previous sentence.

I agree that we should move on, but some facts need to be pointed out.