Notice has been sent out

Joe_5700

The Texas loss will without a doubt sting for quite a while. This game however to me was a huge statement game by the staff and players. Look what this team in their second year of a complete overhaul has done. Before the season had begun, just about all fans had figured that we were going to lose against Oklahoma and to Texas (or Oklahoma again) IF we had gotten to the Big12 championship game. Not only does this team know that they can play against the upper echelon of teams. They know that they can also beat them. Say what you will about Oklahoma and the Bradford and Gresham injuries. Texas seemed to have their 4 year starter in on Saturday and he did not look so good against us. I only see Nebraska as a whole getting better with this coaching staff in place in the future. If I were Texas, I would be pretty nervous about facing Nebraska in the future.

The Texas loss will without a doubt sting for quite a while. This game however to me was a huge statement game by the staff and players. Look what this team in their second year of a complete overhaul has done. Before the season had begun, just about all fans had figured that we were going to lose against Oklahoma and to Texas (or Oklahoma again) IF we had gotten to the Big12 championship game. Not only does this team know that they can play against the upper echelon of teams. They know that they can also beat them. Say what you will about Oklahoma and the Bradford and Gresham injuries. Texas seemed to have their 4 year starter in on Saturday and he did not look so good against us. I only see Nebraska as a whole getting better with this coaching staff in place in the future. If I were Texas, I would be pretty nervous about facing Nebraska in the future.

As a TEXAS fan, I completely agree with you. I was thinking at the end of the game, that if NU can somehow figure out an offense, they should be very good in the coming years.

I feel for you guys. That was a tough loss. Last year when we lost to TT on the very last second, it took a long time to get over. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm over it. You guys played great and deserved a spot in that game. Good luck in the future, just don't get too good.

~v~

As a TEXAS fan, I completely agree with you. I was thinking at the end of the game, that if NU can somehow figure out an offense, they should be very good in the coming years.

I feel for you guys. That was a tough loss. Last year when we lost to TT on the very last second, it took a long time to get over. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm over it. You guys played great and deserved a spot in that game. Good luck in the future, just don't get too good.

~v~

Deserved a spot in that game? That seems a little condescending. We deserved to win that game.

~v~

Deserved a spot in that game? That seems a little condescending. We deserved to win that game.

It is the opinion of myself and hundres of thousands of other Husker fans that Nebraska DID win that game. Weather or not they record it that way or Texas keeps OUR trophy.

~v~

It is the opinion of myself and hundres of thousands of other Husker fans that Nebraska DID win that game. Weather or not they record it that way or Texas keeps OUR trophy.

Time to bust out the asterisks.

Can we all just calm down a little? We've had a few Texas fans come over to congratulate us on the defense's great game and all we're doing is griping at them.

What are these guys supposed to say? Imagine what you would say to a Texas fan if that second hadn't been put back on the clock, and treat these guys as you would want to be treated. You'd be gracious, you'd say it was the right call, you'd compliment them on their season and wish them luck in the bowl game. That's all these guys are doing, but we keep getting our hackles up and sniping at them.

Let's all take a step back, OK?

Umm...grats on the moral victory I guess? Or if this is condescending...I apologize that you didn't win outright? Sorry, not sure what I'm supposed to say to y'all anymore.

Can we all just calm down a little? We've had a few Texas fans come over to congratulate us on the defense's great game and all we're doing is griping at them.

What are these guys supposed to say? Imagine what you would say to a Texas fan if that second hadn't been put back on the clock, and treat these guys as you would want to be treated. You'd be gracious, you'd say it was the right call, you'd compliment them on their season and wish them luck in the bowl game. That's all these guys are doing, but we keep getting our hackles up and sniping at them.

Let's all take a step back, OK?

:yeah

~v~

The game to me had shades of the loss to Florida State in 1993. There were other forces at work that were not going to relinquish a Husker victory. Like it or not, that game was a definate character builder. Just think about what the game will do for players like Steinkuhler and other young players.

As for the trophy. I was yelling out loud to the Texas players (like they could really hear me in Omaha). How can you accept that trophy with a straight face? Did you see the picture of the Texas lineman Huey who dropepd to his knees after the victory? Huey was thanking his maker for getting out of a game with a win after literally having his ass handed to him in a paper bag on nearly every play. Texas had a solid line. No excuses could be made for injury or lack of experience.

Give Texas some credit fellas. WE made the mistakes that lost that game. The entire college football scene will agree, and so will Husker Nation once the dust settles.

Absolutely. The Texas players also came to play. Even though our offense has been stuck in a major rut, our offense could have played their best game of the year against Texas. Credit the Texas defense.

The game is over and it was won by Texas fair and square. We shot ourselves in the foot a few times and that's that. Texas also did the same and that is why we were in the game at the end. The purpose of my thread was to look at the positives of the game. The coaching staff knows how to get the most out of these kids and it certainly didn't hurt the recruiting aspect.

Umm...grats on the moral victory I guess? Or if this is condescending...I apologize that you didn't win outright? Sorry, not sure what I'm supposed to say to y'all anymore.

Hmmm I'm not sure either. I think it's difficult for a lot of people to understand why the opposing teams' fans come on the message board after a bitter loss and say, "it was a great loss, it was the right call, but good try." Some interpret it as condescending, disingenuous, etc., whether or not it is meant that way. That's the unfortunate part about passionate sports - a lot of emotion at stake.

If you're willing to post in here, you're going to have to take the Husker fans of all types- the ones that are ready for a handshake and the one's that aren't yet. If you can't do that without assuming that Husker fans are all classless or poor sports, then you probably shouldn't post here right after a tough loss in a really, really close game.

It's great to have your perspective Spanky, Bury, etc. so I hope you stay. GO BIG RED.

Hmmm I'm not sure either. I think it's difficult for a lot of people to understand why the opposing teams' fans come on the message board after a bitter loss and say, "it was a great loss, it was the right call, but good try." Some interpret it as condescending, disingenuous, etc., whether or not it is meant that way. That's the unfortunate part about passionate sports - a lot of emotion at stake.

It's kinda like how NU fans clap for the loser at Memorial Stadium.