This might be a controversial subject . . .

Just throwing out a hypothetical . . . I'm not claiming to know something I don't.

Why not try a little wildcat with Burkhead? He played QB (as well as nearly every other position) in high school last year. He's clearly a running threat. He's a smart football player who isn't intimidated by playing in the spotlight. I think he'd be less rattled in the backfield than Lee who simply plays like he is terrified. Thoughts?

Couldn't be any worse than what we are doing, but the primary problem is that the offensive line is not blocking to open holes for runners or providing protection for a passer. Teams have figured this out, and are coming around the ends and collapsing in on the backfield, so until there are some holes and we can establish a legitimate running threat and get them to play the middle honest, nothing is going to work.

i was actually thinking that our wildcat person should be Niles. I've been thinking this all year but never said so on here, but Niles looks like a running back to me.

No offense to Niles . . . but about half the time he touches the ball on offense his brain seems to shut down. I don't want to see him trying to take snaps.

Why they never tried it with Cody Green is a mystery to me. They ran it with Lucky....

It's not really a wildcat if it's a QB taking the snaps is it? Maybe my definition of wildcat is wrong but I thought it was when you had a RB take snaps . . . either as the lone back or with another RB in the backfield.

Why they never tried it with Cody Green is a mystery to me. They ran it with Lucky....

It's not really a wildcat if it's a QB taking the snaps is it? Maybe my definition of wildcat is wrong but I thought it was when you had a RB take snaps . . . either as the lone back or with another RB in the backfield.

the wildcat is a cheesy name for a single wing formation.

It's not totally a gimmick, but it's an extra dimension that I'm not really sure our offense can handle right now...but who knows?

But who's the playmaker that we would feed it to? I guess that would be the biggest question. We shall see! I suppose one of our RBs could do it, or Green, but I think they all have enough on their plates as is. I think our O has to have serious confidence and rhythm issues right now. Not sure if it's the right situation to add something like this into our game. Something I would like to see more of in our offense: Lee running. Like that draw against Texas. He's getting better at using his feet to make plays, and that kid has some serious wheels on him. Get him into the open field more.

Just throwing out a hypothetical . . . I'm not claiming to know something I don't.

Why not try a little wildcat with Burkhead? He played QB (as well as nearly every other position) in high school last year. He's clearly a running threat. He's a smart football player who isn't intimidated by playing in the spotlight. I think he'd be less rattled in the backfield than Lee who simply plays like he is terrified. Thoughts?

Because Burkhead is not very good that's why.

BAN HIM NAO

Do you have anything productive to say instead of bashing the team on a constant basis? You sure remind of an old poster who went by the name of Bernard. I would say too much in common! Ever think about taking a trip to the smack room?