This might be a controversial subject . . .

Just throwing out a hypothetical . . . I'm not claiming to know something I don't.

Why not try a little wildcat with Burkhead? He played QB (as well as nearly every other position) in high school last year. He's clearly a running threat. He's a smart football player who isn't intimidated by playing in the spotlight. I think he'd be less rattled in the backfield than Lee who simply plays like he is terrified. Thoughts?

Because Burkhead is not very good that's why.

Shouldn't you be standing on O Street with your color coordinated jacket and bike? :facepalm:

I wouldn't mind trying it with Prince. Our offense has nowhere to go but up, so why not try it? Surely it would average more ypc than what we saw against Texas (1.9) with our "Hey, look, we have 100 TEs in the game, so we're probably going to run straight at you, or fake the run and throw a hail mary to your safety".

I trust Prince with it more than Paul, and Prince is more of a Wildcatback than B-Rex.

Just throwing out a hypothetical . . . I'm not claiming to know something I don't.

Why not try a little wildcat with Burkhead? He played QB (as well as nearly every other position) in high school last year. He's clearly a running threat. He's a smart football player who isn't intimidated by playing in the spotlight. I think he'd be less rattled in the backfield than Lee who simply plays like he is terrified. Thoughts?

Shouldn't you be standing on O Street with your color coordinated jacket and bike? :facepalm:

Not on MY street. And this is MY coat and MY bike. :box

I wouldn't mind trying it with Prince. Our offense has nowhere to go but up, so why not try it? Surely it would average more ypc than what we saw against Texas (1.9) with our "Hey, look, we have 100 TEs in the game, so we're probably going to run straight at you, or fake the run and throw a hail mary to your safety".

I trust Prince with it more than Paul, and Prince is more of a Wildcatback than B-Rex.

Good idea! I hadn't thought about Amukamara. He'd be a slippery one back there.

Do you ever think about what you post?

T_O_B

:facepalm:

I have been waiting for the Wild Cob all year! Hope we see it in the Holiday Bowl! :corndance

Wild Corn Cob... :rollin

I think it is a neat wrinkle to throw in, but I don't know that I'd run it as a primary offense. I think next season the majority of college teams will run a version of it. Hell, NFL teams are doing it too. It is the newest version of the old triple option. Most teams that don't have a quality passing QB use it a lot, and teams with several good RBs use it a lot.

I actually like the idea to run it a few plays with a running back or a speed guy going in motion to get the defense flowing one way at the snap of the ball. That way we can either give it to the motion man on a fly sweep or the person that takes the snap can fake the handoff and run up the middle where ever there is a hole or suppose to be a hole.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I really thought THIS was probably just a coincidence. But now I'm not so sure. Is someone important checking Husker Board for fresh ideas? :thumbs

Are you daft man? That will never work. Never I say. Never in a million years will that work.

• 4 months later...