Why I am so excited tonight (if you have nothing to do read it)

NPhusker

I think overall, our line will be better than this year. Crick should gain a little more weight in the off season and improve his flexibility.. I see him gaining 10-12 lbs. We have Baker Steinkuhler who will probably also start and already showed during the Oklahoma game that he's a beast. Suh is epic, but Crick / Steinkuhler overall will improve a lot over this off season.

Suh was a 4 Star and Baker was a 5, not saying anything but Baker possess as much athletic talent as Suh did and is probably slightly ahead of where he was progression wise. Hopefully Suh's ungodly play rubbed off on the lineman this year and they continue to fight hard in practice.

Kansas will be in full-on meltdown mode by the time their bus rolls into Lincoln. We'll probably have to give them a jump start and a spare tire to get them on their way home again.

That program has disaster written all over it.

Considering what talent they had is now completely gone, and the mess that was made of that staff decision I think you are right on.

Good thing they are #1 in basketball, and KU fans I know are saying "well, I guess we are just a basketball school again and that's fine with me."

Flash in the pan at KU, but it always has been for they and Mizzou. I will say Mizzou does look to hang around this time, especially with the fall of KU. Ironic that KU improved when KSU was down, and now the KSU looks to be on the upswing KU is falling and I'm not so sure the two are actually related. I mean, if Mangino doesn't lose this year I don't think this investigation happens and I would say they would continue to be better than KSU, regardless if the Old Man came back or not.

I don't know, but I think MU could be really tough next year. Maybe A&M, but they remind me a lot of us under Callahan. They might be in for one great year and then piss it down their leg. As a Packer fan, I have trouble believing Sherman can continue success, no matter how great the talent is.

There used to be a joke in Green Bay, who is the only coach that can gameplan to make Brett Favre a below average QB? Mike Sherman.

Playing all those WEENIE teams before the Big XII games is why Nebraska can't win big games. If they played some half decent competion before the Big XII it would prepare them better. Of course Doc Sad Sack Sadler is way way worse the way he schedules WEENIES...

Remember these schedules are made years ahead, and the AD before TO was . . .

It does remind me of Texas OOC this year, except Udub is much better than any they played, and it is an away game.

I'm worried about A & M. They have a lot of heart and their offense scores points that come in 7's not 3's. Also Mizzou worries me a bit just because they really kept in competitive last year, even with having a very green offense in some respects. They'll likely feel like they have a score to settle after this season. Home advantage will probably push us over the edge, but after the home loss to Iowa State home advantage doesn't give me the confidence it once did (eight turnovers or not, we lost that game at home to a statistically inferior opponent).

I say we have at least 10 wins though. I'd love to trounce OU in the title game too. :w00t Making them fall to our mercy two years in a row = highlight of the season.

I'm excited to see Ankrah next year. From what I hear, he should be something else.

Ankrah, Cam Meredith and Eric Martin have me giddy for next year, along with returning guys like Dennard, Crick, Steinkuhler, Moore, Allen, Compton, Fisher, Amukamara, Dennard... the list goes on on defense.

If we are even competent on offense next year, we'll be a top ten team all season long.

One note - Jake Locker is a Junior, and I haven't heard anything about him going pro. I would not be surprised at all to see him next year in Seattle.

I did not realize he is a junoir but i heard Todd McShay say that Locker will be the #2 QB drafted behind Bradford.

also i think our secondary will be better next year than they were this year. Asante was more of a run stopping safety, and his coverage was not always the best. If our DB's can blanket opposing WR's this will make our D-line look great considering they will have more time to get after the QB.

The crazy/sad thing is that, If we have even have a glimmer of offense this year, I really think were sitting here waiting for a National Championship game.

VTech-Had it wrapped up.

TTech-They have no D. might have been able to survive shootout. Also at least 7 of their 31 points is taken away per pick six. 24 points is not hard.

Iowa State-Choke. No fumbling. Win.

Texas-Well. You all know how that went. Cant punch it in from the 10. OC or offense and we put it in for the win.

We seriously could have been NC contenders this year. I really feel like this was our year. Looking back, this team could be nearly unstoppable if we have a glimmer of O.

The crazy/sad thing is that, If we have even have a glimmer of offense this year, I really think were sitting here waiting for a National Championship game.

VTech-Had it wrapped up.

TTech-They have no D. might have been able to survive shootout. Also at least 7 of their 31 points is taken away per pick six. 24 points is not hard.

Iowa State-Choke. No fumbling. Win.

Texas-Well. You all know how that went. Cant punch it in from the 10. OC or offense and we put it in for the win.

We seriously could have been NC contenders this year. I really feel like this was our year. Looking back, this team could be nearly unstoppable if we have a glimmer of O.

That is what makes the future so exciting. Did you honestly think coming into the year we would have a shot at playing in the NC, cause i never even dreamed of it. However if our offense was not horrible we would probably be there right now.

With the Peini's in control of this defense we never know what they are gonna put on the field, it probably will be the best defense in the nation. So with a defense keeping us in every game, all we need is an offense that can score 1 or 2 TDs a game and i say we win alot of games every year.